Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
he knows what he can handle.... it's still ridiculous for people to think that somehow the other businesses will suffer.
We probably will never know what this has cost.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
We probably will never know what this has cost.
How much change do you think EM can make to CT design and manufacturing this far down the line, after more than 3 years of development?

The only time i expect EM to rock up for CT is to launch the latest version, give us updates and fix any potential manufacturing issues. The rest is happening "FSD" by Tesla staff until then.

Starship is his other pet, and now Optimus. CT has been on the backburner for years already. After 2-3years the product development progress curve flatlines and it's natural to want to move on.

As for birdy, feathers need to be ruffled to make the $8 chicken dinner work. The "worst" thing that can happen now is that it is his, is that everyone forgets about it.

He's giving you your talking points.
Programing works. :cool:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
How much change do you think EM can make to CT design and manufacturing this far down the line, after more than 3 years of development?

The only time i expect EM to rock up for CT is to launch the latest version, give us updates and fix any potential manufacturing issues. The rest is happening "FSD" by Tesla staff until then.
Very much where I am with it. What does the upper team have to do? Hurry up and wait is the current pace. I still think we will either see the update in 2 weeks, or on the 1st w the Semi delivery event.

IF NOT THEN... IDK.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just pulled out of thin air, loose figures, every 3 months exponential growth

I don't think I am off the charts... it might be thereabouts

BATTERIESQRT ENDCARSor CYBERTRUCKS
10,000current128
Dec-22​
Mar-23​
Jun-23​
Sep-23​
Dec-23​
Kind of a nit, but isn't this logarithmic growth since it's a factor of 10. Wouldn't exponential be a doubling?

Deleted member 5322

It has been a few weeks after earning report. Where is promised Elon’s CT?
Will not surprise if we won't see it till next Feb-March.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The base case was met long ago.
That’s my assertion. IIHS hasn’t replaced mirrors because mirror-truth hasn’t been met.

I’ve driven camera backup for years. I do not find truth in the display. It is helpful that AR lane marking and audio warning signals aide interpreting a camera display. But nothing in-camera has come close to mirror-truth. And though “Objects in mirror may be smaller than they appear” prevales, it remains human comprehensible. Camera displays do not.

I drive backwards with trailer attached using mirrors better than driving forward. I cannot back a trailer with camera display. Ultimately, Tesla have some R&D to do with cameras and mirror-truth.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Exponential can be any exponent.

Y = x^2
Y = x^3
Y = x^1.5
Y = x^10

Saying it’s exponential is actually a bit vague.
Good point. Working in software probably makes me biased to a power of 2 thinking

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I’ve driven camera backup for years. I do not find truth in the display. It is helpful that AR lane marking and audio warning signals aide interpreting a camera display. But nothing in-camera has come close to mirror-truth.
I use my camera for backing up almost exclusively. At first I didn't like it, but I forced myself to use it, slowly, doublechecking either mirrors or turning my head. I think this is exactly like learning from mirrors. When dad first taught me how to drive, he wasn't very patient, and just said "Look in your mirror and see what's behind you". He'd been using them for years and his brain understood what it was seeing. At the time, I did not, but I learned fairly quickly. I feel anyone can learn to use a camera instead of mirrors. They just need use them. Start by looking at screen, then mirror then back at screen and understand where everything is. Slowly, once you feel you understand what you are seeing, start using the camera without using mirror etc.

And though “Objects in mirror may be smaller ARE CLOSER than they appear” prevales, it remains human comprehensible. Camera displays do not.
Fixed that for you.

I am a human and I find cameras comprehensible.

I drive backwards with trailer attached using mirrors better than driving forward.
Not sure what you are saying here. If you are using mirrors driving forward, you're doing it wrong. :) If you can drive better in reverse with mirrors than forward without mirrors... again, you're doing something wrong.

I cannot back a trailer with camera display.
If the trailer is blocking the view of the camera, no, you cannot. But if your camera is side view, or better yet, on the back of the trailer... practice and I bet you can!

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name