Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think Crissa is right. Appears to be a type of camouflage to mask whatever may be under.
I was thinking the same thing, but then was trying to figure out what the heck they might be covering up. Seemed like odd places for a bunch of asymmetric changes. Or maybe that’s the point? Change it on one side to compare to the other?

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I was thinking the same thing, but then was trying to figure out what the heck they might be covering up. Seemed like odd places for a bunch of asymmetric changes. Or maybe that’s the point? Change it on one side to compare to the other?
Yes or maybe it’s simply an unfinished or “open” are that needed covering. It’s definitely interesting.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Many People that put in a reservation based on the $39,900, $49,900 & $69,900 for the different variant, could expect some increase, however I doubt over $10,000 per variant. If it higher than $10k difference, half of reservation holder will not buy the Cybertruck, to own, maybe to speculate, however the competition will be around to take these reservation holders deposit from Tesla to there brand.
I and many others will be looking back at the ICE competition if we can't get a 500+ mile capable EV truck with a 6.5' bed for under $70k.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes or maybe it’s simply an unfinished or “open” are that needed covering. It’s definitely interesting.
Definitely looks like they have the front fender camera covered up and the driver side access panel/ camera is also open. On the rear fender there is something bulky under the cover.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) 1645032855844

That yard-sale on the far side makes me think they are bolting on a bunch of test equipment or new bits and bobs to test out.

Pretty sure I saw an Oscilation Overthruster and a Flux Capacitor in that mess.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
people willing to spend 70k on the CT would not mind spending an extra 10 to 20.
Bologna!!....(pronouced Bull$%!%).

What we can do vs what we are willing to do are two very different things. For a lot of truck owners, trucks are a means to an end and we don't need to spend $70k to meet those ends but maybe we were willing to splurge because the math made some sense and the timing was right in our life. It might make less sense at $80k-$90k. The number of people that really would "not mind" spending an extra $10k-$20k for this truck are in a very very small minority.

Certainly, there are some people that definitely should mind, but don't. I can't speak for those that lack sense.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
That yard-sale on the far side makes me think they are bolting on a bunch of test equipment or new bits and bobs to test out.

Pretty sure I saw an Oscilation Overthruster and a Flux Capacitor in that mess.
Pretty sure that is a Flux Oscillator, they are very similar but are much easier to tune when coupled with the Oscilation Overthruster.

As far as what they are doing, who knows all we can do is guess.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The CT is Tesla's first vehicle that will have actual competition from other OEMs. They know this and are playing games with them.
The Cybertruck will effectively have no competition. That means no competitors sales will be able to cause Tesla to reduce production. Tesla will make as many as they can for years to come with no lack of demand.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Cybertruck will effectively have no competition. That means no competitors sales will be able to cause Tesla to reduce production. Tesla will make as many as they can for years to come with no lack of demand.
Lots of assumptions in this. But if Tesla delivers what they promised on the Cybertruck. They will not have any trouble moving as many as they can make.

EV Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Taller people will have to deal with it.
I’m 6-3. I’m the biggest Tesla cheerleader out there. Been raving to all my ICE buddies that the CT seats 6 with a 6.5’ bed and fits in a garage. That’s huge, with zero competition. With no engine compartment, EVs can achieve these kind of breakthroughs. Make the nose shorter and tail vertical, don’t shorten bed length!

Deleted member 3316

Tesla might be trying to avoid the need for the Wolverine by splitting the difference and making the turning tighter. Bringing a new car platform is a massive undertaking, plus the competition is going to get fierce. That would be why I could see a CT with a bed length in the 5' range.
I think this is highly likely, although I think the width might actually be the limiting factor, not the turning radius. I’m sure 4wheel steering will definitely broaden the use case profile for EU, but I’m not sure it’s going to solve the tight streets issue.
Sponsored