Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I’m not as active as I was, but I’m still here.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer last fall and although I’m past chemotherapy and now on immunotherapy, I’m still very tired and I still have a little chemo brain. My concentration sucks. Hoping the immunotherapy does it’s job.

Last time I looked my reservation was either 260K or 360K. Either way I’m waiting.
Keep fighting, Jimmy. I wish/hope/pray for the best for you. Also, thank you for your service. I am retired USAF, as well.

Ernie
Sponsored

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Keep fighting, Jimmy. I wish/hope/pray for the best for you. Also, thank you for your service. I am retired USAF, as well.

Ernie
Thanks.

Just noticed I need to update our vehicles. We now have two Model Ys. Mine sat in the garage for months waiting for me to get better.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
I’m not as active as I was, but I’m still here.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 bladder cancer last fall and although I’m past chemotherapy and now on immunotherapy, I’m still very tired and I still have a little chemo brain. My concentration sucks. Hoping the immunotherapy does it’s job.

Last time I looked my reservation was either 260K or 360K. Either way I’m waiting.
Also retired USAF. Getting old is not for the faint of heart, hang in there, Brother.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Best wishes, Jimmy. Dad had the stage IV prostate cancer. You can beat it.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
First let me express my appreciation for those behind the Cybertruck Owners Club [COC] spreadsheet. Having recently visited there, I at least will not expect to receive shipment before November. 2025. Yes, I am late on the list and past the millionth order. But, at least I made the list!!! However, I am NOT young or even middle aged… So, I hope to live long enough to realize this purchase. Kind of morbid; but, maybe we should form a list (in memorium) of those who died waiting for their Cybertruck to arrive. I have a feeling that I might not be the only one to make “the list.” We will just have to wait and see?
I suspect that unless Tesla has serious issues ramping to high volume that most spreadsheet delivery estimates will turn out to be wildly pessimistic.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We've already lost members here on the forum. Statically, 1% of Americans die each year, and reservation holders are in the prime of the spike of 'deaths of hopelessness'.

Hopefully the reservations give us hope and let us buck that trend of probably 10k reservations kicking the bucket each year.

-Crissa
I don't think anywhere near 1% of Cybertruck reservation holders are dying each year because they are naturally heavily biased away from the 80-90 year old age brackets that are most likely to die.

People who make a reservation for a truck that is years out tend to be younger, healthier and better off economically than the average.

But I do like your theory that simply having the hope that a Cybertruck reservation can bring, can extend lives and maybe even help people make healthier lifestyle decisions. Maybe the Cybertruck is already saving lives before it's even entered regular production!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also retired USAF. Getting old is not for the faint of heart, hang in there, Brother.
A guy who was 88 and recently put in a wheelchair responded to my question of how he was doing with, "I'll tell ya', gettin' old ain't for pussies!".

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That was true when we made the reservations.
True. And it's still probably true. While we are all 4+ years older, I suspect most of us are even better off financially than we were in 2019. If not, work and invest smarter, not harder!

TimCT

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ Model3, 23’ i4 M50, 22’ i4 M50
Occupation
Audio
Country flag
Hmm. I’m 6,145,790?

hmm. Good thing I’m patient. Will have my CT sometime by 2030.

Easyejl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi Q4 e-tron,2017 WRX STI, 2003 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Software development
Country flag
I suspect that unless Tesla has serious issues ramping to high volume that most spreadsheet delivery estimates will turn out to be wildly pessimistic.
I feel like a quite significant fraction will drop out, possibly higher than 50%. Part of why it got so many reservations was that it was only a $100 refundable gamble. Also for fleet usage, quite a lot was based on the $39995 price of the entry model. If I recall, there's a fair number that have reservations on 20+ units. When their number comes up, they may choose to wait, or given the lack of the cheaper single motor cancel entirely.

with them being able to churn out 4000 model ys per week, I can't think it will take all that long to churn out 100,000 CTs

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I feel like a quite significant fraction will drop out, possibly higher than 50%. Part of why it got so many reservations was that it was only a $100 refundable gamble. Also for fleet usage, quite a lot was based on the $39995 price of the entry model. If I recall, there's a fair number that have reservations on 20+ units. When their number comes up, they may choose to wait, or given the lack of the cheaper single motor cancel entirely.

with them being able to churn out 4000 model ys per week, I can't think it will take all that long to churn out 100,000 CTs
True. And if the Cybertruck reservation backlog is at all like the highly anticipated Model 3 release, people will be making new reservations faster than people with early reservations can cancel them. The total number of reservations will grow as these gleaming masterpieces start to get in actual customers hands.

Things are gonna snowball, but early reservationists will be the ones sitting pretty. That's not to say that waiting 6 months for your number to come up won't seem like 6 years!
Sponsored