Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Government
Country flag
Thanks for the thorough response. Honestly, it is more about justifying it to myself. Do I need tri motor tow capacity and speed. Dual Motor's 10k lbs and 4.5 seconds (sure to be a little faster from Tesla's track record) seems more than sufficient. The 500 mile range on the other hand is probably the bigger selling point. To your point though, the thought of a potentially million mile battery and an indestructible body has been making me lean more toward getting the best available trim. After all, an extra $20k amortized over a million miles is just $1 extra dollar for every 50 miles. When you put it like that, it's a no brainer :D
But lets not forget V2G. If Tesla can pull this off, you will be selling electric back the grid for 20 years and if you make a few hundred dollars per month from this over the course of 20 years. It can add up.
Sponsored

Sanzpeur

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT, '06 Ford F250 Super Duty, '18 Model 3 Dual Motor, '08 Subaru STI
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
But lets not forget V2G. If Tesla can pull this off, you will be selling electric back the grid for 20 years and if you make a few hundred dollars per month from this over the course of 20 years. It can add up.
I still need to watch that particular "Now you know" video, but I guess I don't really understand how you can make much money with V2G. I get that I can charge at night with cheaper electric rates, but unlike a static power wall battery, my CT is going to be driving or at my work during the day when in theory I would want to be selling energy back into the grid. By the time I get home, there may be a few hours left where I can sell back to the grid before electric rates drop and I would need to start the charging cycle again. What am I missing?

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I can’t figure out how to read or work the spread sheet on my tablet, can Anyone tell me where is it in the que?

RN113115485

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
I can’t figure out how to read or work the spread sheet on my tablet, can Anyone tell me where is it in the que?

RN113115485
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line 1AC48FF5-3C8F-4DA1-9FF6-807D04E255EE

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
I still need to watch that particular "Now you know" video, but I guess I don't really understand how you can make much money with V2G. I get that I can charge at night with cheaper electric rates, but unlike a static power wall battery, my CT is going to be driving or at my work during the day when in theory I would want to be selling energy back into the grid. By the time I get home, there may be a few hours left where I can sell back to the grid before electric rates drop and I would need to start the charging cycle again. What am I missing?
weekends and you could even charge it at work and discharge at home kinda odd but possible

Sanzpeur

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT, '06 Ford F250 Super Duty, '18 Model 3 Dual Motor, '08 Subaru STI
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
weekends and you could even charge it at work and discharge at home kinda odd but possible
Yeah. If only I could figure out a way to get my work to install a destination charger, then I really would be making bank. Unfortunately at the moment it isn't an option.

Kite

First Name
MĂĄns
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Venga Diesel
Occupation
R&D Engineer
Country flag
RN113525309, dual motor, full auto, delivery in Sweden. Can’t edit the spreadsheet on my iPad.

Expecting a long wait. I’m hoping Tesla not will shrink Cybertruck too much, looks amazing now.

Muskwatcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500 LTZ Crewcab, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Yeah. If only I could figure out a way to get my work to install a destination charger, then I really would be making bank. Unfortunately at the moment it isn't an option.
This can vary a lot depending on your state and work schedule but i will just use Texas for example.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line entergy texas prices

Cost of electricity per kWh on peak ($.16 Summer/$.10 Winter)$.13 and off peak is $.0276. So lets say you reserve 50 kWh for commuting, that gives you at least 50 kWh( if the CT only has a 100 kWh battery) for selling.

So your CT sell 50 Kwh in the morning at peak for $8, drive for the day and get home in the evening to sell 50 kWh at peak for $8. Then you CT will charge 100 kWh of peak for $2.76. This will net you about $5 for the day. If you did this for 20 days out of the month you are earning $100 without having to do much on your part.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
This can vary a lot depending on your state and work schedule but i will just use Texas for example.
entergy texas prices.png

Cost of electricity per kWh on peak ($.16 Summer/$.10 Winter)$.13 and off peak is $.0276. So lets say you reserve 50 kWh for commuting, that gives you at least 50 kWh( if the CT only has a 100 kWh battery) for selling.

So your CT sell 50 Kwh in the morning at peak for $8, drive for the day and get home in the evening to sell 50 kWh at peak for $8. Then you CT will charge 100 kWh of peak for $2.76. This will net you about $5 for the day. If you did this for 20 days out of the month you are earning $100 without having to do much on your part.
That could pay for the liability portion of your insurance.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
there was an article that said they would make the dual motor first so those with a 2 motor truck will have a lower #
The RN is simply the order in which Tesla receives ANY order... Model S,3,X,Y,CT... It doesn't matter what configuration you order... My Model Y, which I ordered right after ordering my CT has a slightly higher RN than the CT and I'm picking it up next Saturday.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Thanks. Now I just need to convince my beautiful, supportive wife why any truck NEEDS to go 0 to 60 in 2.9 seconds. Any helpful pointers on that front :D?
I explained to my Wife that I NEEDED that 500 mile range and towing capacity. She'll figure out that 0 - 60 time eventually. I didn't think she needed to know that part of my reasoning. I recommend a similar approach.
Sponsored