Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Teslas answer to the Hilux.
Time is ticking as I’ve just turned 70 so while there’s still a slight hope of converting my reservation for the Dual Motor with FSD from February 2020 into a confirmed order for the U.K. I will hold on to that reservation with 🤞 until told otherwise.
But I want an EV Pickup now, and with no manufacturers bringing an EV Pickup here, in fact most have withdrawn their pickups for sale here over the last couple of years, I could be wrong but I think it’s just Ford with the Ranger and Toyota with the Hilux available which are ICE powered at the moment, so I’ve pulled the pin and booked my 2016 Nissan Navara D23 Tekna into the workshops of an EV conversion company to get it converted to an EV, at least I know it will fit in my garage.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Time is ticking as I’ve just turned 70 so while there’s still a slight hope of converting my reservation for the Dual Motor with FSD from February 2020 into a confirmed order for the U.K. I will hold on to that reservation with 🤞 until told otherwise.
But I want an EV Pickup now, and with no manufacturers bringing an EV Pickup here, in fact most have withdrawn their pickups for sale here over the last couple of years, I could be wrong but I think it’s just Ford with the Ranger and Toyota with the Hilux available which are ICE powered at the moment, so I’ve pulled the pin and booked my 2016 Nissan Navara D23 Tekna into the workshops of an EV conversion company to get it converted to an EV, at least I know it will fit in my garage.

Just in case put it in your Will where the CT would go....

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Looks like some Cybertruck reservation outside North American are being cancelled and deposit returned.

First report is from UK.

-------------------------------------------

Cybertruck Reservations Limited / Tesla Indonesia: Book It / Giga Berlin's Production Ramp May 16, 2022
Electrified

--------

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Looks like some Cybertruck reservation outside North American are being cancelled and deposit returned.

First report is from UK.

-------------------------------------------

Cybertruck Reservations Limited / Tesla Indonesia: Book It / Giga Berlin's Production Ramp May 16, 2022
Electrified

--------

For my non North American Brothers and Sisters affected. I feel your pain. Maybe this is just the UK or a misunderstanding/bad source.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
It's a head scratcher. What is the risk of taking a reservation without a cost or time commitment? I get Tela wants to avoid shipping cost and energy but that is solvable with a surcharge. The only thing I could think of would be introduction of the smaller model built in Berlin and China???
With costs going up, this could be a way for Tesla to cut the bleeding. They don't want to piss off the locals but they also don't want to have to supply any more loss leaders than they have to. Well, that's my take, anyway..

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For AU
I doubt very much Tesla will cancel here. The market is too strong to ignore. The alternative is to give up territory for 4 years to Ford and Rivian and the likely others who will pop up before 2027.

Just checked … AU sells about 200,000 trucks per year. Approx half of that is for the Toyota Hilux, Ford Ranger, Mitsubishi Triton. Ford Ranger is about 40,000.

BTW, if Tesla is calling customers, they have more than 26,000 to call here.. There's probably 2 people in the office.
It will take them 20 years to cancel the bloody thing :D

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How is the Cybertruck going to be sold to the planet Mars if Mars is considered outside of the United States?
Sponsored