SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
I've never thought there would be a midgate... BUT, look the at the liner on the side. At the end of the arrow, there is a track that LOOKS like it might be a track for something to go back and then down... Hmmmmm, might there be hope for those that want it???

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 8.49.38 PM.png
Oh he keeping the conspiracy alive!
Sponsored

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
1700006302741.png

The degenerate side of me is looking at this and thinking I could use the attachment frame to set up a small cot and use the truck bed as a mobile protected camper.
I'm wondering if there's a way (without using the app) to open the tonneau cover from within the bed, not to mention whether there's some ventilation. Maintaining some sort of temperature in the bed when closed would be nice, but at least not suffocating if camping in there would be really good.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
1700006302741.png

The degenerate side of me is looking at this and thinking I could use the attachment frame to set up a small cot and use the truck bed as a mobile protected camper.
but at least not suffocating if camping in there would be really good.

you dudes must be small of frame

that, or the photo lacks a sense of scale for you to appreciate the sort of coffin you’re considering sleeping in

don’t get me wrong, I’ve slept in some weird/tight places in my time. Hell, every night I sleep in what feels like the rightmost 10” of a king sized bed (remainder the bed my wife’s dominion)

but at least my bed is longer than 5.5’ (sleep-usable), and there’s not in my face a ceiling ~6” (if head at tailgate) to ~15” (if head at bulkhead) away

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The tonneau cover is closed, so the lighting in the bed is only from the bed light and the red light on the ground is from the light on the tailgate.
1700006302741.png
I'm stoked with the in-bed lighting!

My F-150 has a single, very bright light at the back of the cab roof (about at eye level) that shines in all directions whenever I exit the truck. It (along with all the other lights that remain on) light up the truck like a Christmas tree every time I exit. But the worst offender is that bed light that glares in my eyes so badly I cannot see anything around the truck using whatever light might be coming from the moon and stars. It's grade A obnoxious whenever outside on a dark night.

Sometimes less is more. It looks like the in-bed light light of the Cybertruck lights up the bed nicely while keeping stray light well controlled, a big plus when camping. Night vision can take over 20 minutes to re-establish itself after an assault of the F-150 bed light.

It's the little details like this that make me appreciate the way Tesla thinks about things. It's apparent they are always asking themselves "What are we trying to accomplish here" and the answer is not a crude "Provide light, mo' is better".

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag

that, or the photo lacks a sense of scale for you to appreciate the sort of coffin you’re considering sleeping in

don’t get me wrong, I’ve slept in some weird/tight places in my time. Hell, every night I sleep in what feels like the rightmost 10” of a king sized bed (remainder the bed my wife’s dominion)

but at least my bed is longer than 5.5’ (sleep-usable), and there’s not in my face a ceiling ~6” (if head at tailgate) to ~15” (if head at bulkhead) away
I'm young, short and adventurous.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm young, short and adventurous.
passing with flying colors! (Not that you wondered!)

In my younger days, I lived for ~3 months in the back of a short bed Tacoma with a camper shell over a false-floor bed platform

Cybertruck bonus feature: the sub-bed storage will have a drain plug, so with a length of hose and a funnel you’ll also have a port-a-potty back there

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Might be tight for two, but one diagonally, head on the high end (nearer the cab) should have a tolerable amount of room unless they're quite tall, or insist on being totally straight and not curled up a bit.

Not a first choice, but if there's a shortage of alternatives, it's better than all night coffee at IHOP. I've crashed in the back of an S10 with a low cap on it, along with a dog, wasn't that bad.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
passing with flying colors! (Not that you wondered!)

In my younger days, I lived for ~3 months in the back of a short bed Tacoma with a camper shell over a false-floor bed platform

Cybertruck bonus feature: the sub-bed storage will have a drain plug, so with a length of hose and a funnel you’ll also have a port-a-potty back there
lmao! that sounds like a shitty situation! My plan is to actually get an adventure camper to tow behind and live out of, but that's another ~$50k down the road. We'll see.