Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
But the referral award for the Cybertruck delivery event states the event will be in Austin. Wouldn't the Cybertruck be "unveiled" at Giga Texas first?
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
You say that like I’m in charge John haha 😘😛
Make it happen. Fly a drone though a window with our demands. #1 Schedule delivery event date. #2 sell all the Cybertruckownersclub crazy enthusiasts our CTs before we have panic attacks. #3 give us the specs. And not in that specific order.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Is that the graffiti one with the Starlink dish? I don’t think I saw that pic before. Thanks.
Tell me Jack, have you now SEEEEEEEEEEEN the light? Tell us all now son, have you SEEEEEEEEEEN the light? Welcome that light son, welcome it. Now tell us son, have you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEN the light. (Doing my best televangelist impression on a keyboard.)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tell me Jack, have you now SEEEEEEEEEEEN the light? Tell us all now son, have you SEEEEEEEEEEN the light? Welcome that light son, welcome it. Now tell us son, have you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEN the light. (Doing my best televangelist impression on a keyboard.)
I have SEEEEEEEEN the light :cool:

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Not necessarily. The trucks have show up elsewhere to jus be seen.

-Crissa
I get that, but the term "unveiled" to me sounds like the are introducing a final version to the public rather than just showing off the truck.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I get that, but the term "unveiled" to me sounds like the are introducing a final version to the public rather than just showing off the truck.
Since this isn't from a Tesla account, I wouldn't put any stock in it.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The CT wil be unveiled at a trade only event, or to the 2 million customers first...

mmm.... Let me think about this :ROFLMAO:

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
The CT wil be unveiled at a trade only event, or to the 2 million customers first...

mmm.... Let me think about this :ROFLMAO:
Not just a trade only event, but a trade only even in a trade Tesla isn’t involved in! It’s for 3rd party manufacturers and modifiers. That isn’t Tesla’s niche.

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag

-Crissa
Imagine if they just park the damn thing right in the middle of the Sema floor on a 2 foot pedastal with barriers eight feet away and two silent watchers to keep folks off the whole time. No signs, no mods. :)

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag

-Crissa
Maybe Tesla will do something like this, just to be seen....

On my last project, which was unclassified, after we had completed our pre-production prototype testing we tried a soft start on showing the product to the market segment, which was new for our company. We decided to use an industry event that wouldn't be appropriate to show to our product, but would be attended by some of our most likely customers. We simply placed the system in the parking lot on the first day so it could be seen and touched and stir up some general interest among the potential customers at the event.

We spent a pittance on the effort, just travel costs and labor, using a test system that had served us well and didn't look new. We didn't even wash the rig after making the long drive to the event. There were no signs, displays or handouts, just a truck towing the system, which wasn't even set up for operation, but it was unusual-looking and its function was obvious. After a few potential customers noticed the system as they parked and entered word spread among them and nearly all left the building at one time or another and dropped by to talk to the people "guarding" the system, our chief engineer and a senior field engineer. The "guards" didn't hand out cards or contact info, other than the company and product names on the equipment. They never fully introduced themselves, just telling the people they were guarding the truck, letting them answer questions vaguely or not at all and revealing only what we were willing to show or discuss. The venue's officials either never noticed what we were doing or didn't care.

By the end of the day we had met our objective, exposing the product to enough people to generate buzz without revealing more than we were willing to show or say. This worked well enough to become a standard practice.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Maybe Tesla will do something like this, just to be seen....

On my last project, which was unclassified, after we had completed our pre-production prototype testing we tried a soft start on showing the product to the market segment, which was new for our company. We decided to use an industry event that wouldn't be appropriate to show to our product, but would be attended by some of our most likely customers. We simply placed the system in the parking lot on the first day so it could be seen and touched and stir up some general interest among the potential customers at the event.

We spent a pittance on the effort, just travel costs and labor, using a test system that had served us well and didn't look new. We didn't even wash the rig after making the long drive to the event. There were no signs, displays or handouts, just a truck towing the system, which wasn't even set up for operation, but it was unusual-looking and its function was obvious. After a few potential customers noticed the system as they parked and entered word spread among them and nearly all left the building at one time or another and dropped by to talk to the people "guarding" the system, our chief engineer and a senior field engineer. The "guards" didn't hand out cards or contact info, other than the company and product names on the equipment. They never fully introduced themselves, just telling the people they were guarding the truck, letting them answer questions vaguely or not at all and revealing only what we were willing to show or discuss. The venue's officials either never noticed what we were doing or didn't care.

By the end of the day we had met our objective, exposing the product to enough people to generate buzz without revealing more than we were willing to show or say. This worked well enough to become a standard practice.
Were you one of those guards?:unsure::)

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Were you one of those guards?:unsure::)
I thought about it but decided to let the tech enjoy that trip. They both managed to individually spend some time in the show using their attendee badges.

They had a bit of a vacation not having to do anything but wander around and pester the exhibitors with deep technical questions about products that had nothing to do with their real jobs.

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
You say that like I’m in charge John haha 😘😛
Well, you are the man when it comes to all Cybertruck news! I swear my X feed is 90% Cybertruck and half of it is @greggertruck leaking all kinds of news and sightings
Sponsored