Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X and cyber truck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I also have a charging problem at home. As we're waiting for a level2 charging installation we must charge with the mobile connecter on 110 outlet in the garage. Problem is the mobile connecter fails to charge, goes to red after flashing blue. Tried different outlets on different circuits. Went to Tesla service and it works there. Tried at 2 different houses, same issue. So we're using the wall charger from our gen1 Chevy Volt. Taking the wall charger back to a service center this week.
At least that’s an easy fix! Haha

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Did your PCS fail too?
i wish i had the honor to have my truck bricked, lol but no, its happened to a dozen people or more between here and on facebook groups.

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
At least that’s an easy fix! Haha
is it though?? What if there is some interaction between this new wall charger and the CT?

It actuall worked a couple of times at home and then quit all together. It was a pain watching sentry mode drain the battery when we were visiting our kids in AZ because the wall charger wouldn't work.

btw wonder if anyone knows, is this new all black wall charger only for CTs?

OP
OP
Djcoolchris

Djcoolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X and cyber truck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
is it though?? What if there is some interaction between this new wall charger and the CT?

It actuall worked a couple of times at home and then quit all together. It was a pain watching sentry mode drain the battery when we were visiting our kids in AZ because the wall charger wouldn't work.

btw wonder if anyone knows, is this new all black wall charger only for CTs?
Yeah, if it’s working on other AC chargers, you’re good to go. It would likely be just the actual charger itself. The black charger is comparable with other teslas.

LoL Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S 85, 2018 3 Perf, CT AWD
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
@Djcoolchris is your truck still in service? My delivery in Tampa was supposed to be Saturday but they called on Friday afternoon to tell me it wouldn't charge. Delivery pushed back a week. But if you're still waiting then it sounds like it may be longer.

OP
OP
Djcoolchris

Djcoolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X and cyber truck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
@Djcoolchris is your truck still in service? My delivery in Tampa was supposed to be Saturday but they called on Friday afternoon to tell me it wouldn't charge. Delivery pushed back a week. But if you're still waiting then it sounds like it may be longer.
yes, mine is still in service. I’m being told cybertrucks are given top priority. And Tampa service is great. Hopefully it’ll be soon.

LoL Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm so fed up with this. I just went in to Tesla service. The system is showing the part arrival date of April 1 but even that is just a guess. I spoke with the service manager and my sales advisor who told me that parts availability is limited because they're using them to build new trucks. And all those trucks are matched to customers so they won't get me a different one off the line. I'm stuck waiting indefinitely until Tesla decides to release some parts. With every day that passes the Foundation Series loses more of its luster.

LoL Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
PCS arrived at the service center Wednesday morning and I finally got my truck delivered late yesterday afternoon. But they didn't finish all the prep work so it will have to go back in. Mostly just sanding out some marks on the stainless steel.
Sponsored