Cybertruck vault divider fit problem - Solved!

asayed

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Tesla S Plaid
Country flag
If you are like me and ordered a Tesla Cybertruck vault divider accessory only to find that it will not fit on the front two thirds of the bed: I have solved the problem by cutting a recess in the bottom of the divider. I used a woodworking bandsaw (with a wood blade) to cut it. A crude solution but it works. :)

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vault divider fit problem - Solved! IMG_6442

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vault divider fit problem - Solved! IMG_6444

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vault divider fit problem - Solved! IMG_6445
Sponsored

rgs28ja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Foundation Series
Country flag
Glad you got it solved! Looks like you removed all the horizontal portion of the lower support which will remove a lot of strength? Is it still rigid?

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Isn't this unavailable in the shop because they are redesigning it? Or is it truly sold out?

OP
OP

asayed

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad you got it solved! Looks like you removed all the horizontal portion of the lower support which will remove a lot of strength? Is it still rigid?
It is still plenty rigid and strong after cutting that notch in the lower horizontal piece since there is a solid v-cross section left. Not weakened at all.

OP
OP

asayed

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn't this unavailable in the shop because they are redesigning it? Or is it truly sold out?
I am not sure if it is not available in the Tesla shop because they are redesigning it or if it really sold out.

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
wait I'm confused--I got both the first version and also received my "replacement" from Tesla on Thursday or Friday. And both of them fit just fine in the front 2/3 of the truck bed with no modifications. I wonder what gives...where was yours not fitting--wedging into the truck bed it looks like?

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
As mentioned, the Bed itself is likely slightly “bowed” upwards in the middle on some CT’s…this would require the replacement of the plastic bed.

OP
OP

asayed

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
wait I'm confused--I got both the first version and also received my "replacement" from Tesla on Thursday or Friday. And both of them fit just fine in the front 2/3 of the truck bed with no modifications. I wonder what gives...where was yours not fitting--wedging into the truck bed it looks like?
My divider (and several others that posted before) didn't fit in the front two thirds of the bed. Not because of a divider defect but rather because the removable floor of the bed (front two thirds) which covers the suspension compressor, tank, and control valve is sitting less than an eights of inch too high relative to the bed side tracks.

Tesla service offered to fix the issue by replacing three parts in the bed where the removable floor piece mounts to, but I declined that since I don't want them messing with the truck too much. I figured it's easier to modify the divider.

OP
OP

asayed

First Name
Ayman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As mentioned, the Bed itself is likely slightly “bowed” upwards in the middle on some CT’s…this would require the replacement of the plastic bed.
Mine is not bowed (perhaps only slightly - less than a 1/32”), but it is high all across (about 3/32”) than it should be relative to the side tracks.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
When did you order the first divider? I haven’t received any notification about a replacement one. I ordered mine in early March. Thanks

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
When did you order the first divider? I haven’t received any notification about a replacement one. I ordered mine in early March. Thanks
Per usual, tesla is drawing names out of a hat to decide who gets replacements and when. I'm hoping at the very least they are actually replacing them all and not picking and choosing which to replace.

Most likely outcome is they are sending replacements as they get inventory from their supplier, and they have not gotten enough to replace all of them yet. This is also why it has not gone back up in the store.

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag
I complained / filed a support ticket over that weekend and it may be a coincidence but the day they told me to have service try to take care of it (1-2 business days later after some back and forth of me providing video/photo evidence) basically the replacement email came in. Still haven’t gotten anything mind you and that was a couple weeks ago.
Sponsored