Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Great video. He wants the Rivian, guys. He has a small family. Family of four. As do I. But about to have another. I pick cybertruck. I do not know if Rivian is reliable. As in over the air updates. And charging. And they will still run into the problem of charging. Marquess (another youtuber) had one for a day. Charged 33% to 80% or so and it took him3 hrs! The map in the Rivian lagged so bad for him. And from what I saw.
Rivian will have to scale up. With Rivian shops around America. And there is basically none. Tesla has them in about every state. In a major city. So cybertruck just seems the reliable pick.
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Aesthetics is often a very subjective, personal, and transitory trend. Many entities, including Hollywood, Big-Auto Advertising, and other industries attempt to imprint on you a 'style' as part of your culture or values, rather than the substance or function the style happens to be a part of. In my experience, once someone realizes a major improvement in substance or function, an implicated style change is not really such a 'big deal'.

I think Cybertruck has a lot of benefits to it's design style. The long gradual windshield for one, will offer better protection and deflection from incoming debris, as well as better visibility in the rain, regardless of what wiper or future innovation chosen to remove water. Optimal aerodynamics, the spacious futuristic interior, the built-in tonneau cover, integrated ramp in the tail gate, adjustable front/rear height, and the toughness of the exoskeleton structure, - are all substantive and functional improvements that are more easier accomplished with the CT design.

I think a style change or departure, is something a lot of people end up getting 'used to'. If there are real improved substance and function benefits justifying the design style, then becoming accustomed to that new style becomes easier in my opinion.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Very important to remember where these YouTube celebrities bread is buttered. There isn’t a ton of money in being truly objective. You have to be just objective enough to retain enough credibility to get your bread buttered.
Yeah, Transport Evolved hits that problem all the time. And when people expect objective reporting, they get peeved when you try any sort of ads or flub up something.

-Crissa

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Yeah, Transport Evolved hits that problem all the time. And when people expect objective reporting, they get peeved when you try any sort of ads or flub up something.

-Crissa
who could possibly get upset at Nikki ?????

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I find it odd that there is no mention of bed sizes in his video though he did admit that he is not a truck guy. Rivian @ 4.58' foot, Ford 5.5' and the CT at 6.5'. IMO, in order to be truly a utilitarian truck, it needs to be able to load in a 4'x8' sheet of plywood, drywall, etc and only the CT can pull that off (with the tail gate down admittedly). Now legally they all can do it with overhang but I think that sort of takes it out of the utilitarian class. I believe rear overhang up to 4' is allowed.
I’m sure there’s more than enough length to slide an 8x4 sheet of ply up the sails above a closed or open bed cover so wouldn’t overhang the tailgate, roof rack style attachment points up the sails for a range of accessories.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vs R1T vs F150 Lightning : Ben Sullins' thoughts after riding in each 1635609703345

Between the goggles and vest in the thumbnail then the uncombed hair and wrinkled shirt, I was already down. Historical intro, ad spot, then he says "Tezla". Cringe factor rising. 5 minutes to even get to the contenders. I couldn't finish it.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I’m sure there’s more than enough length to slide an 8x4 sheet of ply up the sails above a closed or open bed cover so wouldn’t overhang the tailgate, roof rack style attachment points up the sails for a range of accessories.
Oh yeah, even with the CT tailgate down at least a 4x8 sheet of anything would be fully supported. I would bet it would be the only vehicle of the 3 current iterations that could do this. Not sure why I see so many references to the Ford being the utilitarian choice of EV trucks, SMH. The likely largest advantage the Ford should have is after market 3rd party options being its so similar to their existing platforms and because of that those options will be far cheaper than the 3rd party CT options will be.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
who could possibly get upset at Nikki ?????
You know, I don't know, she's got that whole 90s bbc schtick right down but she gets tons of threats (some stalkers) all the time.

I don't know any of the YouTube channels I know who have a girl that haven't had to deal with stalkers and death threats, but she gets them pretty constantly. It's super-stressful and I had to pull away from their social media alerts.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

-Crissa
YouTube is sort of one giant conflict of interest. The entire company (Alphabet) is built to pump advertising into people’s brains. There are pathways which you more or less must go down in order to keep your “Influencer“ status. They need to keep Google happy, they need to retain access to the newest technology/ vehicles, and they need to keep their viewers happy.

I see it in everything from bathroom floor tiles to electric cars to mobile phones.

Mrp911

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
This is one man’s opinion of three vehicles. His opinion for which he is entitled to and you can agree with his thoughts or not. About the only think I agree with is I would like a small display straight ahead for limited data but not a big deal. Speed, turn signals, and maybe upcoming navigation turns. My Model 3 is such a joy in so many areas not having it is very ok. Hopefully a few ahead or order 162k will drop out and move me up for my Tri-Motor. By the way not having a design like all other trucks is part of what I appreciate. It will not be foreign very long once out.

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
I thought it was a pretty fair discussion from someone who has been in all three. He was pretty clear that each truck is going to appeal to different people and that each will be successful, which I believe will be the case. I don't need anyone to validate my choice in vehicles, so I don't understand why people get upest when other people make different vehicle choices. I believe that ultimately all three trucks will sell every vehicle they can produce and there will be a significant wait to get any of them for years to come. The "best" truck will depend on planned use and personal priorities (range, interior needs, hauling, preferred/needed size, aesthetics, prices [including the future of EV incentives]). I think he gives the supercharger network to much of an advantage, I don't think Teslas network is the advantage it used to be, although still an advantage. EA has worked well for me and is in good locations for me in WA/OR, I would not change vehicles based on Tesla/non-tesla charging network. It is funny how perceptions are, I typically don't watch his videos because when I started researching EVs I thought he was just another Tesla fanboy.
Sponsored