Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
You can hear "Ellie From Space's" voice in the background at the 1:45 mark lol.
yeah, and you can see her on the left, doing her livestream. Very meta.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I was trying to say that people freaking out about Elon musk and battery cells and factory efficiency is absurdity!
Which is more absurd, people going berserk over someone banging on drums and swiping on a guitar, or people going berserk over the smartest man on the planet?

Ok maybe he’s not the smartest man on the planet, but he’s in the running.

In the end… Nerds win.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yes that one is better. I still can't see hinge points or breaks in the sheet metal that would indicate that something folds.

I did notice the black rods looking through the gaps in the rear bumper. Maybe part of the 4WS?
Possibly. There are some photos of the rear suspension of the one on the stand. Interestingly, though there is NO suspension riser, with airspings etc, in the rear wheel arches at all when you compare it to the front. That means, like I’ve pointed out before a while ago, that the rear air suspension is a push rod type like a F1 car, and the airbags etc are laying down inboard under the bed somewhere, because there is no space for them in slim wheel wells that have to fit under the sails without going into the bed area.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck's folding mid gate and roll-down rear window confirmed! images (13)

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The money shot:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck's folding mid gate and roll-down rear window confirmed! 1649439476291

For me, the vault is the important part.

You can see the route the vault cover takes here in the upper left, a nice little curve down to the top of the vault wall.

Also. All this time we were assuming they had a body in the bed, it’s just been a truck cover. A little disappointing.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The money shot:

1649439476291.png

You can see the route the vault cover takes here in the upper left, a nice little curve down to the top of the vault wall.

Also. All this time we were assuming they had a body in the bed, it’s just been a truck cover. A little disappointing.
Any idea how the last link of the tonneau gets pushed up to seal against the refrigerator support bracket/overhang when fully closed?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The fact that they are showing this truck which is banged up and has odd bolt-on parts suggests there are in fact just 3-4 of them in existence.
And the 1 or two from the track with the curved windshield. The OG was also at Texas. I think the track one was not intentional, and there are more curved windscreen ones.

Theres no real way for that window to slide down even in that picture. That ledge on the bottom of the window looks like where the vault cover slides down.

(BTW thats the same video Throwcomputer posted and I linked to a while back)

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The money shot:

1649439476291.png

Yeah we've said it looked like a plastic cover for a while. Mine will have the plastic removed instantly and get the weathered treatment with smiles.
Sponsored