A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The Ford might actually ship this year, and the brief press interactions have already revealed some positive surprises like an effective range over 425 miles for example. Turns out Lightning’s 300 mile epa rating was achieved with 1000 lbs of payload in the bed… me likey
Go to ABRP and paln a trip in the vehicle of your choice. Now do it again with 1000 pounds added weight and see how the estimated Wh/mi changes. For my X it goes from 340 to 345 so carrying 1000 extra pounds would decrease my range from 351 miles to 351*340/345 = 345.9. I wouldn't get too excited about this.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I don't doubt 500 mile vehicles will be a thing. But...

...Their numbers don't work out. Nearly no one has a 4.5mpkW today. That's because of aerodynamics. You can get 5mpkW with a Model 3 or a Bolt being really good, but you have to be really damn patient.

They're saying they're going to get this 500 miles at 4.5mpkW and a 100kWh battery. That math doesn't work. 100*4.5=450≠500

And that's before they magiced a full-sized SUV that is supposed to be getting the 4.5mpkW.

-Crissa
50 miles of testing is done downhill.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
With the Ford Lightning and FCA/Stellantis all electric Ram public announcements that just leaves GM and their 1500 Silverado.

I believe the main reason EM hasn’t leaked all of the Cybertruck’s details is for competitive advantage reasons. Notice that the latest EM Tweet, rear wheel steering, had absolutely zero details. This would give the Big 3 “competition” engineering and design time. I predict the Cybertruck will not see substantial production until Q2 of 2022. That timeline is roughly 9-months away.
that's fine by me.....9 months will be here fast, as any guy knows that has been told he's going to be a father.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
50 miles of testing is done downhill.
Wow! Where do we find a road that is 50 miles long of consistent downhill? That would make for an epic extreme sports track. 50 miles of longboarding, that would be an epic run.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Quite right. Now if they had said up to 350kW charging that would be something to brag about, but they didn't.

And there is mention of 800v architecture which makes it even more of a stupid statement.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For me brand loyalty is dead.
I don't understand brand loyalty. It's got to be an emotional thing, it's not rational.

I quit brand loyalty in my 20's.

Bunch of grown men acting like women, ha! ? j/k

Last edited:

Zenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
< self removed to keep on topic >

Last edited:

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
Not really. It's the best bang for the buck out there. The most compelling offering from many aspects. There is a reason people are here. There has never been anything like it.

?

Zenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Not really. It's the best bang for the buck out there. The most compelling offering from many aspects. There is a reason people are here. There has never been anything like it.

?
I agree, if delivered as expected including pricing. Hopefully so, I’ve got an early reservation also.
I’ve just noticed bias on different truck owner forums; dismissive of other brand accomplishments etc. x vs y vs z. Not directed at anyone in particular…

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Also why is it better than Lightning? The Ford might actually ship this year, and the brief press interactions have already revealed some positive surprises like an effective range over 425 miles for example. Turns out Lightning’s 300 mile epa rating was achieved with 1000 lbs of payload in the bed… me likey ?
It's better than the Lightning because it doesn't exist yet. It's easier for a car which has no production constraints to be king of the awesome hill.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting 400+ mile range out of that F150. That was a well planted rumor and nothing more.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't doubt 500 mile vehicles will be a thing. But...

...Their numbers don't work out. Nearly no one has a 4.5mpkW today. That's because of aerodynamics. You can get 5mpkW with a Model 3 or a Bolt being really good, but you have to be really damn patient.

They're saying they're going to get this 500 miles at 4.5mpkW and a 100kWh battery. That math doesn't work. 100*4.5=450≠500

And that's before they magiced a full-sized SUV that is supposed to be getting the 4.5mpkW!

-Crissa
I thought they were talking about a 200kWh battery. That would be attainable... but ridiculously heavy. Of course the top end Ford has a 150 or 175 kWh so maybe not so insane. All I know is there are going to be some monstrously heavy trucks out there.
Sponsored