Deleted member 5322

Why do you all bash ford so much? Let’s give Ford a credit their Lightenings on the road already. Yes, they are not perfect, and specs lower, but they are on the road and on the job sites already. I have never seen even a single CT on the job site powering tools, but seen Ford.
On a paper CT specs look much better but there is a BIG BUT! Ford is, CT will.
Let’s talk about this comparison when we have two trucks side by side on the job site. And then i will be bashing with you Ford :). Till then- it does not make any sense to compare something with real (testable) specs with a promise
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My motorcycle is about 400 lbs and goes over 90mph. That's hefty for a bike but it's not too far afield from what a fully filled ICE bike of the same capability.

I don't think most of us are bashing Ford, tho a few have had bad experiences. Most of us are defending Ford against the FUD. As a manufacturer, Ford has a bit to go to reach a good reliability. And as Munro says, the web of coolant lines needs to be simplified, like Tesla.

But they're trying! And that's what matters.

-Crissa

Last edited:
Reactions: cal

cal

First Name
cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla plaid, 2012 Tundra
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think that just because the CT will be better doesn't make the Lightning bad. Just not as good I'd probably have one if the dealerships weren't so bad. Thank god because it gives me the strength to be patient and wait!

So what I really need is final CT specs and configurations. Just what will be standard on all trucks. Will that include ProPower, truck to house generator capability, trailer controls? Will the rear cabin wall fold down like an chevy Avalanche?

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you hope the Tesla Cyberquad will be a lightweight toy, you will be sadly mistaken. Elon has said that Tesla doesn't make slow vehicles. Obviously, the Cyberquad is going to weigh hundreds of pounds and be a real quad. It will have little in common with an electric pedal bike.

But you raise a good point, the tailgate ramp will not just be for heavy items like the Cyberquad, it will be a real back saver for electric bicycles. My full suspension electric mountain bike weighs 52 lbs. with no accessories on it so it's not super easy to lift in the back of a standard 4x4 pickup without a ramp. Cybertruck will make it easy.
The quad doesn’t need to weigh a ton to go fast. It needs to weigh a bunch to have a long range.

They could also do what some e-bikes do and have swappable batteries so you could go to the OHV park and charge one battery off the truck while riding on another.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
The quad doesn’t need to weigh a ton to go fast. It needs to weigh a bunch to have a long range.

They could also do what some e-bikes do and have swappable batteries so you could go to the OHV park and charge one battery off the truck while riding on another.
I didn't say the Cyberquad would weight a ton, but it will weigh hundreds of pounds, not in the same class as an electric bicycle.

The power a li-ion battery pack can put out goes up with the size of the battery. That's why the Standard Range Tesla are slower than the LR versions, even though they weigh significantly less.

note: That statement applies to the Standard range Model 3 with li-ion battery, not the iron-phosphate that some Tesla are now using. In other words, comparing like chemistry to like chemistry.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I didn't say the Cyberquad would weight a ton, but it will weigh hundreds of pounds, not in the same class as an electric bicycle.

The power a li-ion battery pack can put out goes up with the size of the battery. That's why the Standard Range Tesla are slower than the LR versions, even though they weigh significantly less.

note: That statement applies to the Standard range Model 3 with li-ion battery, not the iron-phosphate that some Tesla are now using. In other words, comparing like chemistry to like chemistry.
Seems like most electric Quads are at least 600 pounds which seems crazy to me.

You absolutely do not need that much weight for acceleration but seems likely you are right about the weight.
Sponsored