Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I received this email from Ford suggesting that they have dropped the prices on all Lightning trims.

To be honest, with all the options available it is hard to figure out what the final price will be and when it will be delivered.

As I am a second day reservation holder, I think I will wait a bit longer to see what the CT costs.

Tesla Cybertruck Does Ford Have an EV demand issue? 1695218900069

Tesla Cybertruck Does Ford Have an EV demand issue? 1695218923643
Sponsored

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I received this email from Ford suggesting that they have dropped the prices on all Lightning trims.

To be honest, with all the options available it is hard to figure out what the final price will be and when it will be delivered.

As I am a second day reservation holder, I think I will wait a bit longer to see what the CT costs.

1695218900069.png

1695218923643.png
Guessing they know the CT is almost here and surely it can’t be much longer.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Guessing they know the CT is almost here and surely it can’t be much longer.
Competition is a beautiful thing. Hopefully Ford, GM and Stellantis will survive the strikes and learn to compete better helping push CT prices down in return.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
i smell desperation

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

1695218900069.png

1695218923643.png
Tesla Cybertruck Does Ford Have an EV demand issue? ford code

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I believe this is advertising previous price drops

and, the price is still higher than the release pricing

meanwhile, i dont see people so quickly pointing towards demand problems and desperation RE Tesla's pricing history over the past 6 months

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

1695218900069.png

1695218923643.png

That is MSRP.

It is Ford dealers that set the real price.

Have the Ford dealers stopped adding on thousands $ in extra markup???

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Competition is a beautiful thing. Hopefully Ford, GM and Stellantis will survive the strikes and learn to compete better helping push CT prices down in return.
The biggest downward pressure on Cybertruck pricing will be the same factor that recently lowered the prices of Models 3 & Y so much recently, increasing production volumes. This requires expanding the addressable market by lowing prices into new market segments.

The initial downward pressure on Cybertruck pricing, in the first year or two of production, will be Tesla's desire for as much price stability as reasonably possible. This simply means that Tesla doesn't want to alienate and confuse customers while taking advantage of them by charging very high prices (simply because they could) until they work through all the Cybertruck reservation backlog. Prices will probably drop a few thousand as production capacity catches up to market demand, but it won't be a big drop.

Ford, GM and Stellantis may lower pricing if they have excess production capacity, but they cannot have a high enough volume, or low enough pricing, to impact Cybertruck pricing at all. However, the way the recent UAW strike is going, they will not have enough production to require substantial price cuts anyway. Basically, trucks from Ford, GM and Stellantis are so utterly insignificant that they cannot affect Cybertruck pricing in any way for at least as far as the eye can see, at least 4 years (and probably a lot longer than that).

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The biggest downward pressure on Cybertruck pricing will be the same factor that recently lowered the prices of Models 3 & Y so much recently, increasing production volumes. This requires expanding the addressable market by lowing prices into new market segments.

The initial downward pressure on Cybertruck pricing, in the first year or two of production, will be Tesla's desire for as much price stability as reasonably possible. This simply means that Tesla doesn't want to alienate and confuse customers while taking advantage of them by charging very high prices (simply because they could) until they work through all the Cybertruck reservation backlog. Prices will probably drop a few thousand as production capacity catches up to market demand, but it won't be a big drop.

Ford, GM and Stellantis may lower pricing if they have excess production capacity, but they cannot have a high enough volume, or low enough pricing, to impact Cybertruck pricing at all. However, the way the recent UAW strike is going, they will not have enough production to require substantial price cuts anyway. Basically, trucks from Ford, GM and Stellantis are so utterly insignificant that they cannot affect Cybertruck pricing in any way for at least as far as the eye can see, at least 4 years (and probably a lot longer than that).
I agree with most of your points short term. I was talking long term. Even then, it would require some restructuring, watering down design, more automation and may be some new tech for them to be competitive. By then UAW may push more jobs back outside U.S. despite the tax incentives. As aggressive as Tesla is, I seriously doubt they can hold on to their current EV market share unless all other OEMs shoot themselves in the foot (some probably will but not all).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I agree with most of your points short term. I was talking long term. Even then, it would require some restructuring, watering down design, more automation and may be some new tech for them to be competitive. By then UAW may push more jobs back outside U.S. despite the tax incentives. As aggressive as Tesla is, I seriously doubt they can hold on to their current EV market share unless all other OEMs shoot themselves in the foot (some probably will but not all).
The UAW's initial demands are just wages comparable with the increase in profit the big three have experienced since their last negotiations in 2009 resulted in concessions from the Union.

Remember, Tesla shares profits with its employees via stock options.

-Crissa

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Honestly, I don't know if I could buy a CCS vehicle over the next two years. Rivian and some of these look nice, but I'd rather wait and have them get their ducks in a row and not deal with an adapter long term.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The UAW's initial demands are just wages comparable with the increase in profit the big three have experienced since their last negotiations in 2009 resulted in concessions from the Union.

Remember, Tesla shares profits with its employees via stock options.

-Crissa
Fixed salaries based on good times may translate to more layoffs in bad times. I think the best way to do it is a guaranteed minimum salary employees can live on with the rest to be performance based. It keeps employees motivated and the company resilient during hard times. Of course that may have it's own issues with employees getting pissed because company invest some of the money they consider theirs in an initiative like transitioning to EVs. Dealing with humans is always messy. Hopefully we won't need them anymore after Optimus is fully functional

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Fixed salaries based on good times may translate to more layoffs in bad times. I think the best way to do it is a guaranteed minimum salary employees can live on with the rest to be performance based. It keeps employees motivated and the company resilient during hard times. Of course that may have it's own issues with employees getting pissed because company invest some of the money they consider theirs in an initiative like transitioning to EVs. Dealing with humans is always messy. Hopefully we won't need them anymore after Optimus is fully functional
Well, companies then have a motive to misreport the net.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Honestly, I don't know if I could buy a CCS vehicle over the next two years. Rivian and some of these look nice, but I'd rather wait and have them get their ducks in a row and not deal with an adapter long term.
I could buy a CCS vehicle (assuming it had a working NACS adapter) but it would have to be just as good of a vehicle as the comparable Tesla and it would need to be about $1000 cheaper to compensate me for needing a NACS adapter.

Oh, wait...that's not going to happen, certainly not in two years!

Yes, that was agreeing with you in a round-about way.
Sponsored