TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The reg says;"A motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, shall be equipped with at least two headlamps, with at least one on each side of the front of the vehicle, and, except as to vehicles registered prior to January 1, 1930, they shall be located directly above or in advance of the front axle of the vehicle. The headlamps and every light source in any headlamp unit shall be located at a height of not more than 54 inches nor less than 22 inches."
Exactly. "At least". The CT light bar is 5 lights (we've seen one burnt out), with the two far ends the head lights. The middle is decorative, like the Lightning.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
nope what?

you’ve given some strange challenge to somehow prove the headlights ARE on the bumper - which makes no sense

how about you instead find a single video of the CT driving at night on roads WITHOUT the lights on the bumper

you won’t

and if you did, it’s because it’s broken

I really don’t understand your insistence, apparently founded entirely and only upon having seen that the 2019 prototype had headlights in that area

Exactly. "At least". The CT light bar is 5 lights (we've seen one burnt out), with the two far ends the head lights. The middle is decorative, like the Lightning.
man, if you’re this insistent, you’re seemingly going to be distraught when the news hits you

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Agreed. That could be the arrangement. Or it could just be DRL. I see where the ends appear brighter. Don't know if that is the headlight or not. I would LIKE for it to be, but...

In the end, I like the truck. Ready to write a check...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Reservation Holder
Country flag
This was obvious since the beginning (and I’ve said so on many occasion). Diffused light is.. well, diffused light. By its very definition, it projects in a diffused manner and therefore cannot be used a main beam. Hence, the light bar was *never* going to be the main beam *unless* they had a clearing for some projector lights within the bar itself. Alas, that would have ruined the aesthetic.
Not to change subjects, but how badass would it be to have PLD glass in front of the headlights to both keep the aesthetic (frosted and uniform) when the headlights were off, and then when the headlights turn on the glass changes to clear to allow a focused beam of headlights. :cool:

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
Have we really seen a burnt out portion of the light bar or have you seen a still shot from a video of a sequencing light bar?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Have we really seen a burnt out portion of the light bar or have you seen a still shot from a video of a sequencing light bar?
even if we had, it would make no difference

tomorrow you could see a Lightning with portion of its DRL burnt out, and it still wouldn’t mean the Lightnins’s headlights are there

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I would never lie to you.

We've seen the same truck multiple times with a burnt out accent light on the light bar. It's been all over the forum as it was one of the most common test trucks running around. Here's a crappy picture of it:

Tesla Cybertruck DRL, headlights, fog lights, sidemarkers, tail light bar ON in night time video (on Tundra Cybertruck leaving supercharger) p3maime0lzhb1

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
even if we had, it would make no difference

tomorrow you could see a Lightning with portion of its DRL burnt out, and it still wouldn’t mean the Lightnins’s headlights are there
why would Tesla move the headlights lower than on the prototype?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
why would Tesla move the headlights lower than on the prototype?
why would Tesla delete the 6th seat

why would they add four wheel steering

why would they add larger plastic bumpers

regardless of the reason for the outcome, it doesn’t change the outcome

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
why would Tesla delete the 6th seat
Space - probably still an option
why would they add four wheel steering
handling, obviously
why would they add larger plastic bumpers
Crash/pedestrian standards
regardless of the reason for the outcome, it doesn’t change the outcome
Move perfectly working headlights to an inferior position? No reason. That's why they didn't. Tesla is an engineering/logic driven company.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Move perfectly working headlights to an inferior position? No reason. That's why they didn't. Tesla is an engineering/logic driven company.
jesus man, I’m telling you I know and can confirm independently - free from conjecture or assumption - which the headlights are

seems your glitch is your incorrect assumption that it is an inferior location

because the engineering/logic driven company you describe, has placed them just above the bumper - which tells me it’s not an inferior location

Have a good one

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
jesus man, I’m telling you I know and can confirm independently - free from conjecture or assumption - which the headlights are

seems your glitch is your incorrect assumption that it is an inferior location

because the engineering/logic driven company you describe, has placed them just above the bumper - which tells me it’s not an inferior location

Have a good one
What is your source?
Sponsored