Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $59,900?

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
at 59 k USD, this will result in a price of 80.3 k CAD in Canada plus 10.5 K CAD in taxes and no 7.5 k grant like the US.

As I will be buying it with my M3 trade-in and selling some of my tesla stock, it seems reasonable following the crash in tesla stock and it is my back up plan for the tri-motor depending on its price and how high or low the stock is a year from now.
Yea, stock dictates which trim I'm getting too lol
Sponsored

panpan101

First Name
PanPan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anything around $60k and I'm in.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
its funny how people think a vehicle is worth that much and pay that much. A truck 70-100k? It's crazy how prices are these days. Homes went in 2 years from ave 600k to 1.3mil in my neighborhood. WTF? So, no, not paying inflation prices at this time. Things will crash yet again. Anyone want to buy my 112 res for 50k?:unsure:
I think it's very unlikely that home prices will crash, although it's possible they might soften by 10-25%. What you are looking at is called inflation and it means cash has become devalued. Which is why I only keep a very small amount of my liquid assets in cash. Keep cash that you don't need to spend in the next couple of years in stocks, because stock prices tend to inflate with the devaluation of the dollar, even if the company isn't increasing in real value.

Expect higher wages, higher returns on savings, and for the higher prices of goods and services and real estate to mostly remain intact. The American dollar is simply not worth as much as it was previously.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
I think it's very unlikely that home prices will crash, although it's possible they might soften by 10-25%. What you are looking at is called inflation and it means cash has become devalued. Which is why I only keep a very small amount of my liquid assets in cash. Keep cash that you don't need to spend in the next couple of years in stocks, because stock prices tend to inflate with the devaluation of the dollar, even if the company isn't increasing in real value.

Expect higher wages, higher returns on savings, and for the higher prices of goods and services and real estate to mostly remain intact. The American dollar is simply not worth as much as it was previously.
I buy property with my extra cash. Alot of it. Stock market always has been unstable for retirement. American dollar will always be better than any currency. Well, in my life time.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I buy property with my extra cash. Alot of it. Stock market always has been unstable for retirement. American dollar will always be better than any currency. Well, in my life time.
Define better lol

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
There are a number of reasons I invest in companies (stock) rather than real estate. Stocks appreciate more even if you only invest in the SP500 index which tracks the 500 largest public American companies. I see a lot of dogs in the index so I buy individual stocks and have wildly better returns over time (although I have more volatility). Since I'm investing for the long-term, the short-term volatility doesn't matter (in fact, it helps me generate much higher returns because I'm less likely to sell after the market has already had a major sell-off).

It costs me nothing to hold stock while real estate comes with property tax, insurance, and maintenance expenses, especially if the property is developed. The only way it makes sense to invest in real estate over good companies is if you are actively renting properties out, either commercial or residential. But that's like buying a job. Sure, you can make a lot of money but you still have to actively manage it. If you want a job, it can be a good deal. I don't want or need a job.

Real estate comes with significant liquidation/transaction expenses too, stock comes with near zero.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
at 59 k USD, this will result in a price of 80.3 k CAD in Canada plus 10.5 K CAD in taxes and no 7.5 k grant like the US.

As I will be buying it with my M3 trade-in and selling some of my tesla stock, it seems reasonable following the crash in tesla stock and it is my back up plan for the tri-motor depending on its price and how high or low the stock is a year from now.
No, Dave, Tesla will charge whatever it wants in Canada. They don't use a standard currency conversion.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
That would be my limit counting trade in and fed/state incentives in 2024 if it's more I'm not sure I can justify paying that much for a vehicle no matter how much I like it.
QUESTION: I think I read here that if Tesla tells you it's delivery time for you, and you reply that you're not quite ready to buy, your place goes to the next one on the list. What if they offer you, say, a three motor, and you reply that you'll wait for a one- or two-motor version? Would you keep your place? Anybody know?
Sponsored