Dual Motor reservation holders, still a buyer at $79,900?

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Lariat ER I believe is the right specification comp to a base CyberTruck.

And so the Lightning ER is the trim most relevant to Musk’s comments that it’s a good truck, but a bit too expensive.

So what’s ‘a bit’?

Personally, for every spec or model variant that Tesla *can’t* offer on Nov. 30, I hope it means that - in order to not have the company image and stock price pummeled - it puts downward pressure on the MSRP of what they *can* offer.
People forget about the XLT ER which can be comparably equipped and is about $7500 cheaper than the Lariat ER.

And if you don't need the big battery or power seats, the F150L Pro can be configured with the same capabilities for another $16k in savings.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
You know it’s a bad sign when people who are such enthusiasts that they are signed up for a friggen website on a truck four years out start saying they won’t get it…

what the f was Tesla thinking?
tesla is a business and lots has changed over 4 years.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
It’s now official. A base AWD 2024 Cybertruck is EXACTLY $79,990.

And ya’ll thought I was crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Even I will have to think twice before following through with my AWD Cybertruck reservation.

I’m glad I have deposits on two other vehicles. A 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro and Ineos Grenadier which I would convert to the upcoming pickup truck (QuarterMaster) version coming in late 2024.

23EA95F9-1337-42CF-A70D-92B2A528C4B2.jpeg
What the fuck in hell. 50G to 80G is a 60% increase. Never in my worst nightmares did I envision such a travesty. Elon, you're a sheister. I figured there would be an increase, but this is insane. I've made bad decisions in my life, but I'm not this crazy. FU, Elon. I'm out.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
You know it’s a bad sign when people who are such enthusiasts that they are signed up for a friggen website on a truck four years out start saying they won’t get it…

what the f was Tesla thinking?
Telsa is thinking of maximizing its profits and not leaving money on the table.

Even at this price, there will be more than enough buyers to have every single Cybertruck sell out for the first year. If the demand isn't that high come second year, there is a very strong possibility of Tesla reducing the price. That is when I will buy one.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Tesla is a premium brand. The Cybertruck wasn’t going to be an inexpensive pickup.

Tesla’s mistake was misleading buyers in 2019 that they would offer an affordable BEV pickup with a SS skin.
Why do you say that was a mistake? It made people think that Tesla was going to disrupt the truck market, and drove the price of TSLA stock to the moon. Maybe it wasn't a mistake, maybe they meant to do that.

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I guess I am going to stay put with my Dodge 3500, "Betsy", for a while longer. May get a SR Lightning Pro for short hauls and running around. Sad day for me, but I understand Tesla taking advantage of all the demand, especially with the 7,500 US fed tax credit. Not going to cancel my 40k reservation just yet. Will wait and see.

CYBRTRKN

First Name
CYBRTRKN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBRTRK
Occupation
EVangel1st
Country flag
Obviously would like it cheaper but hopefully they can honor financing terms that would have been roughly the same monthly payment as the original price but just for longer time period, I think that could work for me.

Easyejl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi Q4 e-tron,2017 WRX STI, 2003 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Software development
Country flag
I won't take my reservation of a dual but will still consider the single motor when it arrives. Or if the dual gets dropped to 70 or below.

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag
I would argue that the only thing in common with the S and X is the air suspension.

The interior and software so far all screams Y and 3.

Refreshed model 3 has basically the same interior and is Teslas cheapest vehicle.

During unveil, Tesla spoke to how the new manufacturing process (giga casts, no paint shop etc.) would streamline builds and lower costs. Im sure that's not all gone

The big difference between the S,X and CT? The S and X were never designed for mass market production.

Elon has stated multiple times that they basically only make those for sentimental reasons
Sorry you were wrong.
Sponsored