Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
If a single motor Tesla takes longer to pre-condition its battery than a dual motor, would that imply a tri-motor pre-conditioning even faster and necessarily so given the size of the battery?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
From another thread:
Car and Driver hit 131 mph in the cyberbeast they tested somehow. Everyone else is not getting passed 115 mph. Also, wow the gap between the Beast and AWD was quite big. Wonder if there will be an acceleration boost upgrade for AWD, that might close the gap a bit.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Car and Driver hit 131 mph in the cyberbeast they tested somehow. Everyone else is not getting passed 115 mph. Also, wow the gap between the Beast and AWD was quite big. Wonder if there will be an acceleration boost upgrade for AWD, that might close the gap a bit.
There was one video I saw early on where they said Tesla gave them an OTA while they were testing it to increase the speed. I could have swore it was one done at the factory. I thought it was CarWow but I can't find it. Not sure why Tesla is limiting the speed as I thought those AT tires were rated for it. Perhaps they are waiting for the more 'street' tires.

Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I basically had the complete opposite reaction. I am never going to be drag racing anyone, and can't see when I would ever feasibly need that power in a real world scenario. AWD at 600HP seems perfect for having some fun and zipping around, and 6 months earlier to boot.
It's all a matter of perspective. You also don't need 600 horsepower, you would be just fine with half of that. Why do you think we have sports cars, muscle cars....you name it. If you think it's fun zipping around (like most people do) imagine doing that with 850hp! Personally, i think it should be 1,200hp so its more powerful than the model S plaid which has 1,020hp. As for getting the cyberbeast a little later, that's a much better advantage as they will have had more time to work out bugs and quality issues. Again, just a matter of perspective. I'd also rather skip all the lookieloos, and fingerprints from strangers, and giving 1,000 people show rides, surely this all will taper down significantly with just a little time. Not to mention, the AWD is the one all car wrappers window tinters,and aftemarket companies will be practicing on, those that have already wrapped their CT are stuck with that color, the options are getting better by the day, same goes for wheels and tires, and lifts...etc. Much better to wait a little bit

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
don't forget the Alcantara dash!
The AWD will soon become the better value. I suspect Tesla will take features away from the non Cyberbeast like air suspension, tonneau cover and other little items to make the Cyberbeast worth upgrading to. I’m most likely wrong but I can see them doing that…

500 mile range would be worth the extra $20k though….

liquid5170

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
simplestudio3d.etsy.com
Vehicles
24 Cyberbeast & 22 Model S
Country flag
The AWD will soon become the better value. I suspect Tesla will take features away from the non Cyberbeast like air suspension, tonneau cover and other little items to make the Cyberbeast worth upgrading to. I’m most likely wrong but I can see them doing that…

500 mile range would be worth the extra $20k though….
The only reason I got the beast was because it was delivered before the AWD for me... however, had they included the battery pack, I would've waited indefinitely for the beast.

cybrtrk88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
The only reason I got the beast was because it was delivered before the AWD for me... however, had they included the battery pack, I would've waited indefinitely for the beast.
Yo! My wife saw you going on 52E from Mast Blvd yesterday lol. She took a picture and I noticed a decal on the bottom that said Simple Pest.