Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did, though.

I just want it to be able to fit the Zero or the Duc in the back.

-Crissa
well, I know I cant get my BMW r1200gs and the CT in my garage together....

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, there are smaller motorcycles.

-Crissa
I keep getting shorter....inseam is making it hard fr me to touch the ground.....everything is 31-32 inches high......but I need a min of 750cc - 850cc to make road trips and distant rides.....so far nothing helps me get to gourd...BMW GS750 is closest at 30" with low seat but it is lk=ike sitting on a cement block

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I keep getting shorter....inseam is making it hard fr me to touch the ground.....everything is 31-32 inches high......but I need a min of 750cc - 850cc to make road trips and distant rides.....so far nothing helps me get to gourd...BMW GS750 is closest at 30" with low seat but it is lk=ike sitting on a cement block
Well, whatever floats your boat. Displacement doesn't really have anything to do with road trips.

But you're right that bikes trend taller these days. It give the bike more clearance and lets them be more nimble.

For someone getting older, I'd suggest something like the Niken if you want something sporty. It doesn't solve your seat height issue, though.

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/news/2018/1109/ces2019-niken.html

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, whatever floats your boat. Displacement doesn't really have anything to do with road trips.

But you're right that bikes trend taller these days. It give the bike more clearance and lets them be more nimble.

For someone getting older, I'd suggest something like the Niken if you want something sporty. It doesn't solve your seat height issue, though.

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/news/2018/1109/ces2019-niken.html

-Crissa
displacement does if you ride 350-400 miles a day.....you need a bike capable of running at high speed and for long distance....a 250cc will not hack it....I have take my bike on very long rises from coast to coast....a small bike is not appropriate for that kind of trip....I have a Russell seat on my bike and I can ride 12-15 hours a day with no monkey butt.....I am tired, yes...but no butt pain.....dont want sporty bike....just something I can ride a long way and be comfortable

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
sorry if I was confusing you and others......it looks shorter than the reveal......and I dont really like the "pug" nose look......I do agree it will be almost too big for small congested streets......for that reason alone I can see why Elon made it smaller.......now it sounds like he wants it to be a "camper-like truck"....that is what I envisioned and was looking forward to.....I am 3.5 years older than reveal night and my reflexes, coordination and reaction time is not what it used to be and starting to wain, so I will be giving up my BMW R1200gs motorcycle after over 35 years of riding and 350k miles. I got a late start riding after I retired from the Marine Corps..... after my (last) fall camping trip to the desert I was hoping I could use the CT as a nice substitute......my son will get my bike so he can go on the Utah BDR in the late fall.....si I hope I like the CT......I will be able to put all my "home comfort" items in it.....solar generator and panels, and 12v cooler and electric grill and all the goodies for motel in the desert......hehehehe
I agree; front end looks shorter. I’ve seen a couple videos noting the same observation.
I think it looks as good if not better than before though. I just hope it’s not much smaller than a F150.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
displacement does if you ride 350-400 miles a day.....you need a bike capable of running at high speed and for long distance....a 250cc will not hack it....I have take my bike on very long rises from coast to coast....a small bike is not appropriate for that kind of trip....I have a Russell seat on my bike and I can ride 12-15 hours a day with no monkey butt.....I am tired, yes...but no butt pain.....dont want sporty bike....just something I can ride a long way and be comfortable
Monkey butt isn't related to the seat.

Notably, engine duration and power is only tangentially related to displacement. Modern materials and cooling can run all day. It's gearing that matters to what the running speed it.

Size of bike is also not directly related to engine displacement.

I wouldn't want to ride an Energica from sea to sea... It can be done, at a fair pace even.

https://electrek.co/2022/05/01/duel...ball-run-record-in-daring-race-across-the-us/

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I agree; front end looks shorter.

no doubt that there have been some proportion changes that make the pre-pro front end *appear* stubbier than the unveil.

how dramatic that is at the level of measured dimensions is unclear, but the visual appearance resulting from proportion and angle changes is noticeable at an overall design level

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 3716DF87-461F-43D3-9E06-5CCC2D395CB2
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 7184450C-1D75-4DFA-BADC-89A24F30BC35

while seemingly minor visual tweak individually, collect a few together and just a few changes in proportions can combine for a noticeably different *visual* presentation at the whole-vehicle level.

the biggest culprit resulting in such an appearance change would be the steepness of the angle from the cab peak down to the hood tip. decrease the steepness of that slope, like in the unveil, and the front end appears elongated; increase th steepness of that slope (or add a downward-bending curve in that slope), like in the pre-pro, and the front end appears more stunted.

Other things piling on: depening the bumper profile, reducing the slant of the front window surround trim, increasing the height of the front ‘grill’ plane, etc

at the same time, in terms of the magnitude of the changes, just comparing the above two detail photos does a pretty good job of showing that it’s not like the unveil had some long front end sticking out past the wheel wells that’s no longer there.

neither does an F150:

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 E1911D44-A282-4F65-8135-9DD4384C5E0E

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
111 hours is over 4 and a half days. I'm not sure how fair of a pace that is considering it's already been done in barely over a day and a half (under 37 hours) on a sport-touring Ducati.
I've done LA to Charlotte, NC in 4 days......Back in 3 days.....it was brutal going from El Paso to Temecula, ca as the temp was well over 100F......Have made that trip 4 times in last 6 years......

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Bickering amongst ourselves won't make the CT arrive any sooner or make it more affordable.

In the spirit of this thread, we should be thinking about what options each of us would like, in order to make the vehicle our own. Some things that I'll be looking for will be how to add a 2nd display, where/how to carry a spare tire, adding grab bars for ease of entry/exit, and possible addition of side-steps.

This will be an interesting journey - let's all enjoy it together!
Yeah, this is why I generally lurk rather than post. Don't have the energy to justify myself or explain every comment to a very sensitive group of folks.

But staying on topic, I think we know what these squares are for now:
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 1B911B9C-72EB-4F3B-ACC7-40CE2E53EF34

Matches up perfectly with the rack mount points partially visible here:
Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 FvoySCfX0AIyFxL

These mounting points could be used for anything! Camper shells, auto turrets (duh), or quick connectors for tools. I can see where the 3rd party stuff may go nuts. Jeep Wrangler owners may get their rocks off with the CT after all.
Cheers!

jessholderbaum

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
Occupation
IT Director
Country flag
...Without sleeping, you might point out.

-Crissa
I’ve done the same on my Ultra Classic and my K1600. I slept every night, but there is a lot of road-time for sure. I even had time to stop to let my border collie riding buddy get some play time in ever tank-fill. I’d never take my Super-Duke on the same trip, the seating position just is not there. Like it or not, the lower-displacement bikes are not manufactured for long-days of riding.
That being said, being able to get two motorcycles in the back of the CT would be ideal for my wife and I, her S1000XR and my Super-Duke. I’d also like to be able to get our Golf-cart in the back and still be able to pull our RV (meaning not having to put the tailgate down to fit it).
Regardless, I am looking forward to whatever actually makes it out of the plant and into my driveway, I’ve been waiting for a vehicle like this since I was young.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
no doubt that there have been some proportion changes that make the pre-pro front end *appear* stubbier than the unveil.

how dramatic that is at the level of measured dimensions is unclear, but the visual appearance resulting from proportion and angle changes is noticeable at an overall design level

3716DF87-461F-43D3-9E06-5CCC2D395CB2.jpeg
7184450C-1D75-4DFA-BADC-89A24F30BC35.jpeg

while seemingly minor visual tweak individually, collect a few together and just a few changes in proportions can combine for a noticeably different *visual* presentation at the whole-vehicle level.

the biggest culprit resulting in such an appearance change would be the steepness of the angle from the cab peak down to the hood tip. decrease the steepness of that slope, like in the unveil, and the front end appears elongated; increase th steepness of that slope (or add a downward-bending curve in that slope), like in the pre-pro, and the front end appears more stunted.

Other things piling on: depening the bumper profile, reducing the slant of the front window surround trim, increasing the height of the front ‘grill’ plane, etc

at the same time, in terms of the magnitude of the changes, just comparing the above two detail photos does a pretty good job of showing that it’s not like the unveil had some long front end sticking out past the wheel wells that’s no longer there.

neither does an F150:

E1911D44-A282-4F65-8135-9DD4384C5E0E.jpeg
It is quite fascinating, there is a noticeable change in visual appearance but no glaringly obvious change in design. I would say the difference in steepness of the angle from peak to hood is a consequence of the dimensions getting smaller somewhere. Looking at those two photos I get the impression the most likely culprit is the front quarter panel more so than the 'nose', which one would instinctively blame for the stubbier appearance.

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 3716DF87-461F-43D3-9E06-5CCC2D395CB2

Tesla Cybertruck Elon Musk: Cybertruck option packages & [aftermarket] third-party add-ons will be 🔥🔥 7184450C-1D75-4DFA-BADC-89A24F30BC35
Sponsored