RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Yea, everytime i do Lyft, someone comments on my roof and I am like, yea, must be nice, I cant really experience it at all from the front lol.

Guess we have to wait and see how the implementation on CT is
Model Y is a bit different though, you have the the roof beam obstructing part of the field of view while the glass roof above the driver's head is not visible. Model X and Cybertruck have that reversed. The roof beam is above the driver's head, where it is not visible, and an unobstructed field of view while looking out the windshield.

Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! ws1

Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! ws2

But you're right, we need to see how they implement the visors on the Cybertruck. They appear to be on rails so they might slide back enough that they are outside the driver's field of view when retracted. Still not as elegant in terms of interior design but in practical terms it might not make a difference.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Model X and Cybertruck have that reversed. The roof beam is above the driver's head, where it is not visible, and an unobstructed field of view while looking out the windshield.
Think the CT might be inbetween?

Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! 04FF202B-D179-4A2F-80D4-C5D6167025A2

that visor/trim rail is pretty deep, and doesn’t seem materially different than my F150 in terms of location of the lowest edge?

edzpan

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I know everyone here can't wait to get their Cybertrucks! Unfortunately, I missed the chance to preorder one myself in the earlier stages, so i am now on a mission to find someone who has secured a delivery within this year (the earlier the better!) and is open to negotiation. I understand the value of your preorder and intend to respect its significance. I am willing to offer an incentive in the tens of thousands range added on to whatever you will have to pay for the truck. If you're open to discussing the possibility of selling your expected vehicle upon its delivery or have any related information, please reach out to me at [email protected]. Thank you for considering my request!

-Edward

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I know everyone here can't wait to get their Cybertrucks! Unfortunately, I missed the chance to preorder one myself in the earlier stages, so i am now on a mission to find someone who has secured a delivery within this year (the earlier the better!) and is open to negotiation. I understand the value of your preorder and intend to respect its significance. I am willing to offer an incentive in the tens of thousands range added on to whatever you will have to pay for the truck. If you're open to discussing the possibility of selling your expected vehicle upon its delivery or have any related information, please reach out to me at [email protected]. Thank you for considering my request!

-Edward
No one has secured delivery this year at this point

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

04FF202B-D179-4A2F-80D4-C5D6167025A2.jpeg

that visor/trim rail is pretty deep, and doesn’t seem materially different than my F150 in terms of location of the lowest edge?
Radically different than the Model X (pict taken a minute ago). I'm pretty sad about that as we road trip thru various state and national parks and the X windshield really adds to the experience.

Trying to look for a reference point and that may be the center of the steering wheel. It looks 'better' when I use that as a reference point.
Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! sbFVl7X

Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! dbrcQSq

Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! 5lB72v9

edzpan

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No one has secured delivery this year at this point
Understood. I am interested in talking to anyone with a spot in an early batch, regardless of the actual delivery date.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Understood. I am interested in talking to anyone with a spot in an early batch, regardless of the actual delivery date.
no one has any kind of delivery date at all.. they haven't started announcing what models they are going to have AT delivery so no one can possibly know when their number will come up

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Re: windshield view.
Saw this tint & wire channel length in a short prototype video
Based on pictures above looks like it may have changed.
Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! cJKlP8y

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-

Yes, the beam is a bit further forward compared to Model X but it could have resulted in a similar experience:

Tesla Cybertruck đź“Ł News! Cybertruck deliveries on track for this year, sub-19 ft length + 6 ft bed length ++ lots of pics from deck! ws123

However, judging from the Beta interior shot you posted, it does appear that the field of view on the vertical axis is edging closer to that of a conventional vehicle than Model X. Which is unfortunate given the A-pillar on the Cybertruck lends itself even better to that kind of visor solution.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Yes, the beam is a bit further forward compared to Model X but it could have resulted in a similar experience:

ws123.png

However, judging from the Beta interior shot you posted, it does appear that the field of view on the vertical axis is edging closer to that of a conventional vehicle than Model X. Which is unfortunate given the A-pillar on the Cybertruck lends itself even better to that kind of visor solution.
those photos comparing relative location of the peak are a *touch* different, aren't they :ROFLMAO:

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

Gotta LOVE an 'inbetween'
How about those great pair of seats!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Remember the 6 feet is only for the very bottom of the bed.
No one from Tesla said it's only 6' at the bottom of the bed. It was 6.5' in the announced specs.

Move it down to 6’ and there’s just way too much overhang. Then you have the cover that would also have to stay open.
Okay, you bundle them together, for one; for two, you tie them down and it's fine. There's also no evidence the vault has to stay open if the tailgate does, we don't have any information on the cover functions yet.

If I can put 20' pipe on my 15' hatchback, you can put 10' pipe on a 19' truck.

Geez.

...Man, the Cybertruck is only going to be 4' longer than my car? O-o

-Crissa

Last edited:

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
No one from Tesla said it's only 6' at the bottom of the bed. It was 6.5' in the announced specs.
Well, if you were the typical marketeer/sales person, that would be the natural measurement to advertise, being the longest. Of course if it's 6' to the back, measured at the shortest point, then that would gain you a little bit extra at the bottom, which would be nice and mean more tatamis fit in.

Though a van or SUV layout is still handier in some respects as you can stack things higher. To cover items with the vault cover you will be limited to the height of the tailgate.
Sponsored