Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This cracks me up. People still claiming Cybertruck is not important to Musk or Tesla. Some still claim form factor will change.

Meanwhile Musk is showing off his vision of the future of SpaceX and half the vehicles are Cybertrucks based on the current design.

Also, top render shows a variant truck with a cap on it.

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) 1654453220772

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) 1654453319789
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Probably every time there's a truck in the random distribution they put in a Cybertruck.

It would certainly be something an industrial artist or architect would have a blast doing. Anything to get away from the boring cut and paste of ground elements ^-^

-Crissa

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I believe the Cybertruck is essentially fully designed. Tesla is struggling to deign the manufacturing since that will be the key to its success. Cost will be critical. It is very easy for Ford to adapt a F150 to electric. It is not breakthrough thinking like the Cybertruck. Price has got to be a huge issue with inflation rampant. Hopefully Tesla will be able to overcome that with it being fully constructed with less outside vendors. This will probable be the first vehicle Tesla produces with the most options. Unlike Tesla cars, trucks will have much more specialized uses. Options will allow it to target multiple markets. I hope we see production this year.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I love the dually version of the Cybertruck also but I wouldn't read too much into it I'm afraid, it's just a model the architectural/engineering firm grabbed and put into the render.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I like the look of some dually versions too, but they would be inherently less efficient, and require more clearance attention while driving or parking. As for those who would attempt to deemphasize the importance of Cybertruck, I think (especially today) with each message, one also needs to look at the motives. Elon's enthusiasm for the Cybertruck is what I listen to.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Yeah for a dually Cybertruck to make sense the energy density in battery packs has to increase significantly.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah for a dually Cybertruck to make sense the energy density in battery packs has to increase significantly.
Duallies don't make alot of sense when you have active rear suspension and turning, either. Originally they spread the weight from the load onto more tire surface, but tire compounds are much more advanced today and the load control you lose from a dually configuration drops your capacity more than it increases it.

It's great at low non-highway speeds or at massive loads like tractor-trailer operations, but that really needs a purpose built 6x6 rear-wheel-steering configuration to meet the capability that will be in the stock Cybertruck.

Nice render, tho.

-Crissa

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Duallies don't make alot of sense when you have active rear suspension and turning, either. Originally they spread the weight from the load onto more tire surface, but tire compounds are much more advanced today and the load control you lose from a dually configuration drops your capacity more than it increases it.

It's great at low non-highway speeds or at massive loads like tractor-trailer operations, but that really needs a purpose built 6x6 rear-wheel-steering configuration to meet the capability that will be in the stock Cybertruck.

Nice render, tho.

-Crissa
I'd be down for a 6X6 Cybertruck. But not right now Elon, 4 wheels to start is perfect!! For now.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) 1654744182176

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) 1654744210193

Tesla Cybertruck Factory of the Future (SpaceX/ Cybertruck) 1654744246353

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-

Nice render, tho.

-Crissa
What do you mean by dropping capacity? Duallies have higher payload and towing capacities than the same truck equipped with a single.

I don't think a 6x6 version would make sense economically, it would be more expensive than a dually and require a much more significant redesign for what is a low volume product.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No dually required you can get the same load capacity with super singles.

Dualies are also fairly useless offroad in sand and loose dirt, and pretty pointless in rocky conditions where small rocks can get lodged in the gap, requiring a tyre to be deflated to remove it.

And they add disproportionately more rolling resistance in comparison to a single, because they essentially have twice as many sidewalls to deform when rolling and create more air resistance because the gap is also added to the wheel width. Also adds more bump area.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I believe the Cybertruck is essentially fully designed. Tesla is struggling to deign the manufacturing since that will be the key to its success. Cost will be critical. It is very easy for Ford to adapt a F150 to electric. It is not breakthrough thinking like the Cybertruck. Price has got to be a huge issue with inflation rampant. Hopefully Tesla will be able to overcome that with it being fully constructed with less outside vendors. This will probable be the first vehicle Tesla produces with the most options. Unlike Tesla cars, trucks will have much more specialized uses. Options will allow it to target multiple markets. I hope we see production this year.
More Plug’nPlay - more people will want Teslas with the mostest third party options. Like a Honey Badger, Tesla don’t care about Plug’nPlay fun but quality that’s #1. It’s mission is to reseed vehicles onto the planet halting CO2 AGW. As long as its Batterypack, electric motor(s) and computers remain factory, Thirdparty accessory suppliers will have a profitable future up-selling options; don’t you think?

Cybertruck Giga options?
Snowplow/winch attachment system
Mid-Gate
CyberQuad
Starlink
Tire size(+1 MT)
2nd set Wheels (magnesium21”,alum20”)
Interior (SpaceX white)
Tesla aero racking system(racks/drones by others)

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
No dually required you can get the same load capacity with super singles.

Dualies are also fairly useless offroad in sand and loose dirt, and pretty pointless in rocky conditions where small rocks can get lodged in the gap, requiring a tyre to be deflated to remove it.

And they add disproportionately more rolling resistance in comparison to a single, because they essentially have twice as many sidewalls to deform when rolling and create more air resistance because the gap is also added to the wheel width. Also adds more bump area.
Agreed, I was not referring to a super single. Comparison was between regular single and dually.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What do you mean by dropping capacity? Duallies have higher payload and towing capacities than the same truck equipped with a single.
A Cybertruck will have active suspension and rear wheel turning, which a dually setup would negate the advantages from. These stabilize the load at speed, which a dually does not; the advantage of a dually is spreading the load out on more tire.

Towing isn't my jam, so I can't say for sure, but we're talking modern trucks here. And control matters, not just not popping your tires.

-Crissa
Sponsored