Folding rear seats, other interior features?

Will 1st gen CT rear seats fold up, down, or not at all?

• Total voters

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Hey all, first post here, not sure if this is the right forum for this thread, but just a heads up, it is a question/speculation thread.

I know all we have seen so far is a single prototype but...

Will the CT rear seats fold up (or even down like the front middle seat) like other crew cab trucks, exposing the flat floor for utility? Based on the pictures of the rear seatbelt designs, it looks like there is room for folding. This would be great for people with big dogs (??‍♂) who are choosing not to get the M-Y due to space limitations.

other thoughts: sail pillar storage? Anyone hear anything about this? Have not seen it demoed on the prototype, but there have been renderings of this around the internet.

also: anyone notice how little door storage there is on the rear door? Its a very small triangle pocket... any rear cupholders/usb-c or other connectors in the rear other than the fold down arm rest in the middle?

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats, other interior features? DAA9C42B-87DB-4DF3-8D5A-8FF96D3F9407

Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats, other interior features? 0CF0832C-70DF-4C1E-AF2B-D83E3B682471
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
There are images of "sail storage". Elon's been asked about rear folding seats, along with a "mid-gate" to allow a full flat loading area to the bed. He said it's worth looking at, and he's also said there would be at least some level of access to the bed for AC circulation. A lot of people on here are hoping for that mid-gate, folding seats option. With the bed cover it would be ideal for camping or loading large things.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
If you look at Rivian R1T design, there is a hole behind and bellow back seat. I think vault cover and motor will most likely go in the similar space. One of the reasons I think that is likely is the reclined back seat you see in the photos posted here. Of course, I am talking about prototype we see here. If Elon decides to grant our wishes with the full pass through, that design could be completely different.

p.s. To OP, multiple choice could use a both option (up + down)

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
sooo, i did a little more digging and was able to get a screen grab from the test drives on release night...there is definitely something under the seat in the prototype...
Tesla Cybertruck Folding rear seats, other interior features? 1620396119577

you get a couple glimpses of it when the light hits just right at about 14:40 here:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Just yesterday I was going through the Cybertruck website again. I saw something I'd missed on other visits. It states there will be storage under the rear seats.

1620391621629.png
I remembered this from launch night because I thought of putting tools and parts in there. As far as I could tell the tonneau cover rolled into the bottom of the vehicle, where the rivian passthrough space is.

As far as other interior features the CT is kind of spartan save for the safety features and usual Tesla stuff, which is honestly a selling point for me.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
At the very least there is under seat storage.

Looks like the bottom cushions flip forward to access storage space.

But, who knows what the production model will bring....

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Just yesterday I was going through the Cybertruck website again. I saw something I'd missed on other visits. It states there will be storage under the rear seats.

1620391621629.png
interesting... so there will at least be space there. Would make sense for the seat to fold up imo...

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
There are images of "sail storage". Elon's been asked about rear folding seats, along with a "mid-gate" to allow a full flat loading area to the bed. He said it's worth looking at, and he's also said there would be at least some level of access to the bed for AC circulation. A lot of people on here are hoping for that mid-gate, folding seats option. With the bed cover it would be ideal for camping or loading large things.
midgate would be tough with the tonneau track running along the same path.. (guillotine mode?) maybe an option without the tonneau cover? I hope at least for sail storage... maybe removable side pabels? Expose the frame?

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
sooo, i did a little more digging and was able to get a screen grab from the test drives on release night...there is definitely something under the seat in the prototype...
1620396119577.png

you get a couple glimpses of it when the light hits just right at about 14:40 here:
Cant really see what you are referencing here?

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
If you look at Rivian R1T design, there is a hole behind and bellow back seat. I think vault cover and motor will most likely go in the similar space. One of the reasons I think that is likely is the reclined back seat you see in the photos posted here. Of course, I am talking about prototype we see here. If Elon decides to grant our wishes with the full pass through, that design could be completely different.

p.s. To OP, multiple choice could use a both option (up + down)
edited!
In the videos, it looks like the cabin wall of the vault is not flat, maybe at a bit of an angle ? I think at most there may be a pass through option, doubt it will have the tonneau though... doubt the whole wall will fold down... would require redesign of the frame-body.
Sponsored