chonnertruk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Telecommunications
Country flag
My prediction and hope is that Tesla will stop making the FS by the end of June, right at the middle of the year. From there, they might take a pause to revamp the factory to start making the NFS. During the pause they will sell and deliver the remaining FS. Some have suggested (myself included), why cut off a source of income if people are willing to pay the extra $20K? However, if you saturate the market with so many FS it loses value and I’m sure Tesla doesn’t want to piss off the people who coughed up an extra $20K. Especially considering these are the true loyal Tesla fans. Meaning they will come back for more later, but anger them that will spell disaster for a company like Tesla.
Good point
Sponsored

Cold.Truth

First Name
Big A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 CT AWD, 1987 Carerra, 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Occupation
I.T. Project Management
Country flag
For those of you who want to define “exclusivity,” maybe look at the numbers. This simple grid below assumes (I know, but what else can we do?) that some people cancel reservations, pass on the FS invite to wait for NFS, and also assumes new CT orders are coming in daily from those civilians seeing it on the streets for the first time - so let’s say these factors roughly cancel each other out and Tesla maintains (as in not growing or shrinking) two million reservations (the denominator in this case).

Here’s the takeaway; even if Tesla makes 100,000 (!!!) Foundation Series units, non-FS units will still make up 95% of all Cybertrucks. I’d say 5% FS of total CT units is still pretty exclusive. Tesla making 10,000 FS means 99.5% of all CT will be standard (non-FS) units. etc. Of course, the actual numbers will be different, and they won’t be static. Once Tesla switches to non-FS production, the denominator (non-FS units) will continue to grow but the numerator (FS units) will be fixed (and actually shrink through attrition such as accidents) ...and get more exclusive with each passing day. That might matter to some of you, but not to others. I don’t care, myself. I bought my FS to enjoy it and for my use case (not yours) the decision to fork over the $20k was worth it. We all have unique circumstances and risk tolerances so don’t go saying your decision is the ONLY decision and everyone else is a fool etc.

Tesla Cybertruck Foundation Series production ending soon? Not according to Tesla Cybertruck Vehicle Program Manager Siddhant Awasthi 1716557277164-71

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Folks, today I received my Willy Wonka Golden email ticket to design my FS CT. Admittedly I am perplexed by my desire to continue patiently waiting VS throwing caution to the wind.....

I AM A RESIDENT OF MINNESOTA. My RN =11310XXXX.
Admittedly I hadn't attended my regular prayer sessions in this group, so I am out of the latest loop on all things CT. Would like to get some fresh feedback..
If you can afford It, click that design button!

CyberPlaid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MYP / 2022 MSP (with track package)
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag
I have a Tundra Crewmax and I loved taking that thing on family trips. Other than throwing a $100 bill at it every time I filled up, it was great. I still use it from time to time when hauling stuff, either in the bed or trailer. I have the lockable, rolling tonneau cover installed as well. That's what makes the CT exciting for me. The fact that all of Tesla tech that I love and am so accustomed to in combination with a truck makes it a perfect vehicle for me. I am just going to have to wait until they drop in price. I know that when I get it, it will be my daily driver.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
There isn’t a huge market for people that can afford a $110k+ vehicle. I stopped keeping track but they were very quickly moving through the reservations and the order rate was pretty low even for the very early reservations. It will all depend on how much they ramp up production. They could very well do what I called out very early and put the Cybertruck in the model S and X line up where they keep the price high and don’t really target super high volume. I would hate to see that but Tesla is changing and I think they are learning their lessons about overproducing. I am holding out for a reasonably priced CT so I do hope it comes in the next year or so

Gixx1300R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I received the invitation to configure my Cyber truck about 2 months ago. I am going to wait until the standard Cyber beast is ready to configure. I already have Tesla solar with 6 power walls so I dont need power share. In my opinion, FSD is not worth it. If I need it I will subscribe for a month or 2.

COOKIEHUMPER

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I’d be curious to know what percentage of those who ordered the Foundation Series who haven’t yet received their VINs ordered the Cyberbeast. I configured mine on January 2nd, and not a peep from Tesla.
10% of all orders are for cyber beasts. 12/21 order date and just received my VIN for a beast on 5/9

evazquezcu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Silverado LT
Country flag
I just picked mine up yesterday. The Tesla SC person said the CT is popular… they are in out. He said they do get a lot of people show up and say they can’t afford it or can’t/want financing so they literally go to the next person in line. Even the other folks waiting for Tesla service stood up and watched me take delivery of the CT and commented “Wow I have never seen one.” My SC guy said they don’t hold them for more than a few days and people love them. I wish they were stacking up because I would have kept my Beast order rather than convert to AWD. But from my SC, they can’t keep them on their lot… they go like hot cakes.
Most people will finance this, can't imagine paying a loan for a few months already on something that you still have to received

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
About 30% of orders are Cyberbeast About 10% of builds are Cyberbeast.
Sponsored