Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Vinyl plates aren't legal most places, but as long as they're reflective it shouldn't be an issue. Just don't try it with the one showing the registration sticker!

-Crissa
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

AkaCarioca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y (Nov 22nd 2023), CT (Waiting)
Occupation
Salesforce Advisor Evangelist
Country flag
No front plates in Florida. Does anybody know if the license plate wrap will be available here?

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
With the amount of talk of vinyl wrapping on this forum, i can see the vinyl wrapping video ads on fb has really gotten to most of you.

Hard pass. Standard front plate mounting for the rest of us required to.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Who am I kidding? I'm lazy, I'll just mount the plate, too.

I like plates on the front, tho, and a vinyl one sounds grand.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pretty sure there are laws against mounting wenches anywhere on your car.

Some bolt on bumper options would be cool though. A **winch** is nice in a pinch, particularly with that massive battery.

I'll mount a front plate on my MY right after they pull me over and give me a ticket for it. Likewise on the CT. Or I suppose if I spring for a custom plate.
I took my bracket off the Model S and Model 3.....live in California....keep them in the frunk with plates and one less screw.....if stopped, I'll tell them we are waiting on the Tesla mounting screws so we can have a secure mount....

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Vinyl wraps are pretty tough, but like Crissa said, they really are cheap. We can just buy a new one.
yea but wait till you try and take off the old one to put the new one on.....its like the registration stickers....they disintegrate when you try to get them off.....and it you put it on top, the build up will eventually make it stick out and catch wool the dirt and road grime......but I really like the idea....thinking about getting one for my Model S.....

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I took my bracket off the Model S and Model 3.....live in California....keep them in the frunk with plates and one less screw.....if stopped, I'll tell them we are waiting on the Tesla mounting screws so we can have a secure mount....
I had a Jetta I drove for years with no front plate, never got pulled over.

Then one time I parked at an off ramp off of 580 doing a ride-share with a buddy. It was legal to park there, but I guess CHP didn't like where it was so they ticketed me for the missing plate.

It makes you easy to pull over/ ticket randomly. It's also an easy add on if they ticket you for something else. Something I'm willing to live with.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I knew that would get a rise out of ya......just joking.....mine came with both brackets......plus 2 plates each after paper plates.....it is good to have front plates for recognition and easy identification.....I like the wrap plates and I am thinking of getting those, but like I said earlier, if you damage it, it will be very hard to take off and apply new one....

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I have never bothered putting front plates on any of my cars in CA. I have yet to be stopped for it.

Though I was stopped once for something else, haha, they didn't mention the plates. I really don't think this is enforced very heavily.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I knew that would get a rise out of ya......just joking.....mine came with both brackets......plus 2 plates each after paper plates.....it is good to have front plates for recognition and easy identification.....I like the wrap plates and I am thinking of getting those, but like I said earlier, if you damage it, it will be very hard to take off and apply new one....

Try GOOP OFF. Work wonders on adhesives.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Try GOOP OFF. Work wonders on adhesives.
With the SS body of the CT, one would think that a plain old metal scraper would do the trick. Goop Off can certainly help though.