FSD Capability vs actually being included?

BikerPilot

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
Stupid question. My order states: Full Self Driving Capability. My Model Y is capable too, but doesn't have it, because I didn't pay for the software. So how does that work with the FS series? Capable, but not included? Did I miss some fine print?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Stupid question. My order states: Full Self Driving Capability. My Model Y is capable too, but doesn't have it, because I didn't pay for the software. So how does that work with the FS series? Capable, but not included? Did I miss some fine print?
The description is the same they used for vehicles they sell with the software, vs how they phrase the hardware which is in every vehicle.

Tesla Cybertruck FSD Capability vs actually being included? Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.32.47 PM

-Crissa

OP
OP

BikerPilot

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
The description is the same they used for vehicles they sell with the software, vs how they phrase the hardware which is in every vehicle.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 7.32.47 PM.png

-Crissa
So. It 's not included, if it is phrased the same. Because my MY does not have it.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Your truck comes with the hardware to run it, and if you paid the extra 20k for the FS you paid for the software. However the software for it is coming "soon" if you are familiar with Tesla you know that could be a year or a decade from now. No one knows when it will be out, but will be "soon"

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Your truck comes with the hardware to run it, and if you paid the extra 20k for the FS you paid for the software. However the software for it is coming "soon" if you are familiar with Tesla you know that could be a year or a decade from now. No one knows when it will be out, but will be "soon"
I wonder how much FSD sales/deposits Tesla has accumulated to date? Do they break this out on their financials? This plus a couple hundred million of cyber truck deposits plus other deposits, roadster, etc. I would guess Tesla may have accumulated more money in advance of delivering product or services than any company in history… I don’t know though, just guessing.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I wonder how much FSD sales/deposits Tesla has accumulated to date? Do they break this out on their financials? This plus a couple hundred million of cyber truck deposits plus other deposits, roadster, etc. I would guess Tesla may have accumulated more money in advance of delivering product or services than any company in history… I don’t know though, just guessing.
Had not thought of it in that light, but may be the single biggest revenue generated for a product not yet fully delivered in history.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Most all of Tesla vehicles are FSD capable.
FSD is an additional feature that is not free.
The Foundation Series Cybertruck includes FSD as part of the package.

NO ONE has FSD at this time, it doesn't exist.

There IS a FSD beta that purchasers of FSD may elect to participate in.

The FSD beta code is not available for the Cybertruck yet.
Dependent on a couple of factors, some vehicles may get one version of FSD beta vs other that get another version.

OP
OP

BikerPilot

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Country flag
Most all of Tesla vehicles are FSD capable.
FSD is an additional feature that is not free.
The Foundation Series Cybertruck includes FSD as part of the package.

NO ONE has FSD at this time, it doesn't exist.

There IS a FSD beta that purchasers of FSD may elect to participate in.

The FSD beta code is not available for the Cybertruck yet.
Dependent on a couple of factors, some vehicles may get one version of FSD beta vs other that get another version.
I know all this......but were does it say that FSD is actually included? I cannot find that language, only "FSD Capability". Not "FSD included".

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I know all this......but were does it say that FSD is actually included? I cannot find that language, only "FSD Capability". Not "FSD included".
In Vehicle Details, that's what Full Self-Driving Capability indicates/
Sponsored