- First Name
- Oct 1, 2020
- Reaction score
- Kirkland WA USA
- Toyota Sienna
- Private Lending Educator
Reasons to add FSD to your reservation:Reasons not to buy this feature:
Reason #1 - Yes, this is a cool feature, but personally I'm not one to jump on the next coolest thing. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on new technology of this nature. Pretty gutsy to just sit in a vehicle and let the car be in control! Not when I've been driving for 35 years.
Reason #2 - It costs $10,000!! I want to see what other features the CT will have. Maybe I'd rather not spend my money on this feature. Maybe I'd want to upgrade other things before I spent $10k on this.
Reason #3 - My wife would be a nervous freaking wreck sitting in the passenger side. She already freaks out how I drive, let alone a computer driving her...lol.
Just my opinion....
- Adding FSD to your order is currently free. If you decide to take delivery with FSD adding it now before 10/26 will save you $2000.
- If you decide to not take delivery with FSD it is free to remove it.
- Currently FSD is being developed with serious vigor so none of know what the feature will truly be like when we take delivery of our CT.
- Since FSD is a software option, even if it isn’t quite as good as we want it to be at delivery, it will continue to be improved so at some point soon it could meet our expectations.
- If you decide to keep FSD at the time of delivery, you don’t actually have to use it till it improves to the point that you and your passengers feel comfortable using it.
- Adding FSD to your order now is a risk free investment of $0 that has the nearly instantaneous possible savings of $2000 but as the FSD price continues to go up will be even more of a payoff later. This investment is currently 0 risk but at the time of delivery will have only the risk of $8000 for the feature that may be reliable enough for you to trust. If you do not add the feature now, but decide later that you do want it, you will have to pay a higher price.