OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
FSD will see a $2000 price increase on Monday Thursday 10/29/20 per a tweet by Elon.

The price will now be $10,000. Elon stated this was because the FSD beta is now rolling out.

....... and I can't seem to link the Tweet from Elon.......
working on this
still working on this
might need some assistance on this....
Sponsored

Last edited:

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
It's a neat feature, but the price is getting ridiculous.
Agreed. But if it really works as intended, it'll be money well spent and make the driving experience so much better and safer. While I had planned to cancel the FSD (and still am not 100% sold on going through with the purchase in general, though I'm not leaning more toward buying since many of my fears have been addressed), these steady price increases are making me seriously reconsider. Sure, I could always buy down the line as FSD sees greater legal authorizaiton around the country, but this is probably among the lower end that we'll see the technology.

OP
OP

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I think this is a difficult feature to price out.

What's a self driving car worth? Is the difference in value the FSD feature itself? Is the car and the feature?

It's further complicated by Tesla selling the feature before it's available. Those that bought and then sold their cars may not have gotten the cost of the FSD back when they sold their old Teslas.

Anyhow, I'm glad it's rolling out. It'll be a roller coaster for a while for sure

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I think this is a difficult feature to price out.

What's a self driving car worth? Is the difference in value the FSD feature itself? Is the car and the feature?

It's further complicated by Tesla selling the feature before it's available. Those that bought and then sold their cars may not have gotten the cost of the FSD back when they sold their old Teslas.

Anyhow, I'm glad it's rolling out. It'll be a roller coaster for a while for sure
Tesla also has to be careful to not make this feature one only for the well off. That said, with the planned $25,000 vehicle, FSD for $10,000 doesn't put such a car too much out of range for many.

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
is this something we can add now, or do we have to wait until we can order our options for the CT. If we have to wait the price will more then likely go up again.

D101010

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MYP
Country flag
Like others I am not sure if I was going to order FSD. Its one thing to have the ability to make money off a robo taxi, but I am not sure I would do that with my main driving vehicle. But saying that I think this truck will be super durable and I plan on owning for a very long time. And as more cars get approval for autonomous driving we would end up with not needing drivers. And therefore we can enjoy the long trips without needing to stare at the cars in front of us.

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
is this something we can add now, or do we have to wait until we can order our options for the CT. If we have to wait the price will more then likely go up again.
You can go into your order and add FSD. It will reserve the price (possibly), and it’s not a commitment, because you don’t have to add at the final stage.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
So my reservation already saved me $3000, neat.

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
Reasons not to buy this feature:

Reason #1 - Yes, this is a cool feature, but personally I'm not one to jump on the next coolest thing. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on new technology of this nature. Pretty gutsy to just sit in a vehicle and let the car be in control! Not when I've been driving for 35 years.

Reason #2 - It costs $10,000!! I want to see what other features the CT will have. Maybe I'd rather not spend my money on this feature. Maybe I'd want to upgrade other things before I spent $10k on this.

Reason #3 - My wife would be a nervous freaking wreck sitting in the passenger side. She already freaks out how I drive, let alone a computer driving her...lol.

Just my opinion....

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Reasons not to buy this feature:

Reason #1 - Yes, this is a cool feature, but personally I'm not one to jump on the next coolest thing. I'm not ready to pull the trigger on new technology of this nature. Pretty gutsy to just sit in a vehicle and let the car be in control! Not when I've been driving for 35 years.

Reason #2 - It costs $10,000!! I want to see what other features the CT will have. Maybe I'd rather not spend my money on this feature. Maybe I'd want to upgrade other things before I spent $10k on this.

Reason #3 - My wife would be a nervous freaking wreck sitting in the passenger side. She already freaks out how I drive, let alone a computer driving her...lol.

Just my opinion....
Remark #1: If it were just cool it would definitely not be worth it.
Remark #2: Its still $8,000 until Monday
remark #3: Sounds about right
Sponsored