Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
Pricing, but deliveries and Cybertruck in action imagery.

First deliveries will be internal, so I bet they’ll know what they’re getting at what price a week or so before us. I still don’t think 99.95% of Tesla employees know what it’ll cost.
Heck, Elon himself doesn't know what it'll cost! :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, it makes sense for Tesla to delay the announcement of Cybertruck's pricing for various reasons: cost of good could go up *or* down, releasing pricing could increase or decrease demand, etc.

austerberto

First Name
Austerberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
So now that that is settled... who's gonna ask about the front laser light above the driver... let's get the confirmed.
I want the front upper laser bar too but i watched a video on the capabilities of the new headlights and how they are several degrees higher power than traditional head lights. If that is the case, will we need the extra light bar above the windshield?

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I want the front upper laser bar too but i watched a video on the capabilities of the new headlights and how they are several degrees higher power than traditional head lights. If that is the case, will we need the extra light bar above the windshield?
Absolutely 100% need!
if I’m not mistaken a few years back, I think it was mentioned as either an option or possible option🤷‍♂️

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The voice of the car is so yesterday. I want my cybertruck to talk in Tina Turner’s voice from Beyond Thunderdome!
Can we choose? I'd like to change it from time to time. Or maybe give it the voice of R2-D2.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Country flag
One light bar will also lower manufacturing costs.

From what I can see the exterior fit and finish looks excellent on the Beta version.

This truck will be unlike anything currently offered in the pickup truck segment. RWS, no exterior door handles, the ability to float for a short distance, amazing towing capacity, etc.

I predict is the CT will convert some traditional 3/4 ton pickup buyers who tow horse trailers, 5th wheels, construction equipment, etc. It’s designed to be a durable SS work horse.

1675610891132.jpeg
I highly doubt that the CT will convert "traditional" 3/4 ton truck buyers. Most likely it will be the same group of people buying hummer EVs, rivians, and even lightnings. Towing horse trailers and construction equipment are huge energy draining tasks, both of which can be time sensitive depending on the job. People hauling these things long distances dont have the time to sit and let this thing charge 3-4 times in a single trip. Also, if you get to your jobsite there is no guarantee that there is a charger readily available with the capability to charge it in a timely manner. There are, however, plenty of gas stations strewn across the US...

As a 1/4ton truck owner (who doesnt tow/haul but once a year) I love the cybertruck, would probably buy one if the price and specs are right, but I dont see the 3/4 ton truck market shifting to EV until the charging situation is completely up to speed with ICE refueling stations.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I am sure the brake light bar will be there and it's great to know the boss confirmed it. Agree, looks much better. Now, we want the off-road light bar on top of the windshield like the unveil CT. Please!!!

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I believe he said it would come standard at the time...
From what I recall regarding Elon's reply is that it wasn't clear if he was referring waist-level light bar (for headlights and DRLs) or the upper light bar that would make it to production. We've seen the waist-level light bar in operation so that will likely make production; the upper light bar has only shown up on the first prototype in 2019.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
At this point, the other features I'm keen on are:
- Upper light bar
- Pass-through (not mid-gate)
- Load mode with integrated ramp in the rear gate

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I highly doubt that the CT will convert "traditional" 3/4 ton truck buyers. Most likely it will be the same group of people buying hummer EVs, rivians, and even lightnings. Towing horse trailers and construction equipment are huge energy draining tasks, both of which can be time sensitive depending on the job. People hauling these things long distances dont have the time to sit and let this thing charge 3-4 times in a single trip. Also, if you get to your jobsite there is no guarantee that there is a charger readily available with the capability to charge it in a timely manner. There are, however, plenty of gas stations strewn across the US...

As a 1/4ton truck owner (who doesnt tow/haul but once a year) I love the cybertruck, would probably buy one if the price and specs are right, but I dont see the 3/4 ton truck market shifting to EV until the charging situation is completely up to speed with ICE refueling stations.
I have talked extensively about this in the past. It is a chicken-egg situation. Musk was smart enough to build the charging system out as he built the cars and expanded it. Where is the vaunted Rivian Adventure Network? This isn’t 2010. We are at the start of the S curve of adoption. More charging stations are coming. That is the weak link and government is not really helping despite the billions of spending planned.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I would want something that casts up and to the sides. The point of a big, tough truck light bars is not sticking flashlights atop it to break or make camp in the dark ^-^ Or move debris, or check out a wash, or...

-Crissa

(All things I have done with my Mazda 3.)

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I have talked extensively about this in the past. It is a chicken-egg situation. Musk was smart enough to build the charging system out as he built the cars and expanded it. Where is the vaunted Rivian Adventure Network? This isn’t 2010. We are at the start of the S curve of adoption. More charging stations are coming. That is the weak link and government is not really helping despite the billions of spending planned.
The problem isn't the amount of charging stations it's charging time and range loss when towing voluminous trailers. What isn't much of a problem in the 1/2 ton market does become a problem in the 3/4 ton and above market. In terms of battery technology we're just not to the point where you can make an EV truck for a reasonable price that can convert most 3/4 ton truck buyers. Then there's the fact that Cybertruck's design just doesn't lend itself very well for that market either as the bed sails can get in the way of gooseneck/5th wheel trailers and it can't be sold as a chassis cab due to the unibody-exoskeleton construction.
Sponsored