Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
Enough of the re-re-rescheduling of deliveries with the Cybertruck, I put my reservation on a Silverado RST.
I am not a fan of it, but I need a truck to pull our travel trailer.

So first come, first to get my business.
Sponsored

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Enough of the re-re-rescheduling of deliveries with the Cybertruck, I put my reservation on a Silverado RST.

No interest in the F150 Lightning?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Good things come to those who wait.

Buying large purchases sooner in the near term with the current record inflation, is a decision balancing act with guts since it may get more expensive to service debt if financing. But if not financing and one has such cash available, simply dumping cash into (any) vehicle instead of keeping it into current bargain priced investments, is a long term sacrifice of future assets in my opinion (not financial advice).

I don't mind waiting on the Cybertruck because to me right now is not a good time to liquify or expend cash on any major purchase, including a vehicle.

But, if one is expending a lot on gas consumption every month and savings would offset part of a payment or costs, I can certainly understand that too, except that you're probably not going to get a Silverado any sooner than a Cybertruck. So, in my opinion if one is really 'tired of waiting', reserving a Silverado is trading one wait for another. Of course one may be reserving both just to see which one can be delivered first, but that would be ignoring technical and strength advantages of the Cybertruck.

For the above reasons alone, reserving a Silverado to me does not make sense, but additionally when you consider vehicle substance value lost with each purchase, from paying all the GM entangled overhead entities - that just means diversity of money outflows on a higher level.

Regardless of how they dress it up and make flashy commercials (which vehicle buyers pay for), GM is forced to put less money into innovation, materials, or quality of the vehicle, due to paying process-outsiders instead.

- ÆCIII

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
OP, did you get a timeframe in your email confirmation, (assuming you reserved recently).

I also reserved a Silverado EV as a back up, within the first minute or two of the reservation window opening on reveal day. My email confirmation said I reserved a 2025 model, with availability starting in late 2024.

Although, four things stand in the way of me getting a Silverado EV:
1) it's not a Tesla Cybertruck
2) lack of information on a standard equipment battery temperature management system in the Chevy
3) anxiety over criminal dealer mark-ups
4) because of #2, fears of a Bolt fire 2.0

Other than that, the Silverado EV is a nice looking truck.

Last edited:

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I also just grabbed a back up reservation for the Silverado EV. I do not plan on taking this for myself. I expect to pass the reservation on to my father who is also interested in an EV truck. He does not like the cybertruck. He wants a traditional truck with EV drivetrain.

If for any unforseen circumstances the CT doesn't happen or gets way too expensive, then I would grab the Silverado EV for myself, but I expect not to do this.

There was no mention of the model year for my silverado ev reservation. I am reservation # 357,036 for the Silverado, compared to approximately #1,083,000 for the Cybertruck. I expect both will get called up at the same time and both myself and my father will be happy.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There was no mention of the model year for my silverado ev reservation. I am reservation # 357,036 for the Silverado, compared to...
How did you come by this number? In April, GM said they had 140K reservations.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/26/gm-has-140000-reservations-for-chevrolet-silverado-ev.html

My reservation number is six digits starting with an 8.

-Crissa

Edit: The Silverado site with all the info they've released is here: https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/silverado-ev

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
How did you come by this number? In April, GM said they had 140K reservations.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/26/gm-has-140000-reservations-for-chevrolet-silverado-ev.html

My reservation number is six digits starting with an 8.

-Crissa

Edit: The Silverado site with all the info they've released is here: https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/silverado-ev
I just assumed it was in order. But I also just decided to cancel it in my name and redo it in my fathers name at a dealership near him instead of halfway across the country near me, since he will most likely be taking the reservation, not me. And when I did this new reservation, the new reservation # is lower than the one I had made about an hour ago.. by about 75,000. So I'm guessing it is not in order and your reservation number is randomly generated.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Likely 3+ years. At no extra charge. Well except perhaps whatever inflation brings.

Kirko

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota 4Runner Cybertruck Reservation holder
Occupation
Reliability maintenance
Country flag
I was going to get a Rivian R1T until I did the math and found the CT was going to be cheaper and what the logic is behind the design. Things I’ve been seeing from different YouTubers is making me glad I didn’t order a Rivian

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

I like the Silverado but I live on the coast and stainless steel is very important to me. I didn’t care for the fact that it is over $100K. I am also not impressed with what GM has done with BEVs so far. But feature wise I like it.
Sponsored