Help me solve this Cybertruck Riddle...!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It does not look cgi to me but it does look like a combination of multiple videos and maybe directions
This is my thought too. Unlike many of the other videos they made a point of saying this was legit real footage during the intro.

The numbers they are talking about is for a Tri-motor. They talk like the Cybertruck in the video is a Tri-motor, but all we have seen to exist is a Dual -motor.
I was wondering about this too. Are you sure it's the dual motor Cybertruck?
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
During the test drives on reveal day, the drivers shared the truck used was dual motor.
Also, the CT used with Leno and all appearances so far seem to be that same Dual Motor Cybertruck. That was why I thought they didn't have a prototype Tri-motor when that video was shown during the reveal. It really doesn't matter, it's just speculation. :D

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Also, the CT used with Leno and all appearances so far seem to be that same Dual Motor Cybertruck. That was why I thought they didn't have a prototype Tri-motor when that video was shown during the reveal. It really doesn't matter, it's just speculation. :D
It matters if they are lying...about a race with shadows 12 hours apart. Does integrity just not matter in this world anymore ‽ I love the Cybertruck!!! But tell me the truth!

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure this one out...Real or fake!? Hear me out now...! Watch the shadows on the street as this race takes off...
At first the shadows are casting backwards, starting at the front of the Cybertruck and the Porsche.
Then they are casting forward, outpacing the Cybertruck and the Porsche.

It takes about 12 hours for the sun to shift like that...I'm just saying. Is this race photo shopped or something and they forgot to shift the shadows?

Help me solve this riddle...!

All I'm saying is...I thought this was supposed to be a heads up race 3 to 6 seconds tops. Not a compilation of other videos. And non ot this explains the riddle of the shadows, 12 hours apart...in 3 seconds!

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
It matters if they are lying...about a race with shadows 12 hours apart. Does integrity just not matter in this world anymore ‽ I love the Cybertruck!!! But tell me the truth!
Okay, maybe lying is too strong...Maybe aggressive marketing is a better choice

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's easier to render a clip like this consistently than it is to film it live.

I don't care if the footage is done in multiple takes so long as it is an accurate representation of what to expect.

OP
OP

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
It's easier to render a clip like this consistently than it is to film it live.

I don't care if the footage is done in multiple takes so long as it is an accurate representation of what to expect.
Accurate representation...Now I can accept that...As long as it's accurate! Best answer for me, so far!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I agree. But wasn't this supposed to be a 6 second race...!
Do you really care? Apart from the fact that Elon said it wasn’t CGI, if you really want your truck to beat a Porsche would a few milliseconds change your mind? Our dual motor Model 3 has a 0-60 in about 4.5 secs and that is kind of scary. I reserved a tri motor for the range, not for the scary-ass speed.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I reserved a tri motor for the range, not for the scary-ass speed.
The scary ass speed is just a free-rider. Something they throw in.

I don't need the speed and wouldn't pay for it. But I'm not adding a throttle limiter either. I'll just have to trust my foot for that. (Though if I'm honest... foot isn't very trustworthy when it comes to that)

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Okay, maybe lying is too strong...Maybe aggressive marketing is a better choice.

You do realize that they could have ran the race multiple times and each time the dual motor (read the Motor Trend article after reveal day) Cybertruck beat the 911. They ran it multiple times filming from different angles then spliced together the best looking shots. Neither dishonest or overly aggressive marketing, simply showing it off to the best of their ability. This is Tesla, not some schmo with a fledgling YouTube channel and his IPhone 6. They have real videographers whose jobs are t make things look their best. They don’t have reason to lie. Their product is the proof.