How big do you WANT the Cybetruck to be?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

If you have twitter, please vote! Tomorrow we will be getting some pretty decent measurements from Matt. Don't expect them to be scientific, but they'll be good!

Before we all know from that video... What do you hope? A mid sized truck? or a full size truck?

I think we know the answer, but.... Lets for once and for all - KNOW.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My goal is to have a truck I can tuck my bikes into. Preferable 2 of them under the vault cover.

I don’t need a giant truck for that. Pretty sure I can get 1 in under the vault with both tires or 2 with the front tire off. Aside from that, smaller is better. Smaller means it’s more efficient and easier parking.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Once it’s over 219” in length it’s not fitting in my garage so at that point I’d rather it be full-size. I’d rather it be full-size regardless but man will I be upset it it clocks in at something like 220”, 221”…

No Twitter for me so no voting in your poll, unfortunately, @greggertruck.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Once it’s over 219” in length it’s not fitting in my garage so at that point I’d rather it be full-size. I’d rather it be full-size regardless but man will I be upset it it clocks in at something like 220”, 221”…
I've been told you won't be upset

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
the explicit release-day proposition was that the CT would have the same footprint as an F150 SuperCrew 5.5’ bed, but with cargo and capabilities greater than or equal to an ICE F250 SuperCrew with 6.5’ bed

my hopes have since retreated to: just don’t be a full-sized exterior with less than full-sized interior/cargo (*cough cough Rivian*)

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I don't care about the size toooo much, especially length. I'm not a crazy truck guy, and longer cars are harder to park, etc. I care more about width, specifically that it can carry sheets of material 4' wide laying flat - I will use that ability a lot. I also care about cabin space; I want it roomy for me and my one wife and two kids. The return of the sixth seat would be very welcome for taking along another couple people in a pinch.

Overall I care much more about street performance (speed, handling), occasional off-road performance (rough trails, beaches, deep snow), the stainless steal toughness, awesome bed cover, cool styling and battery range. That last one's a biggie for me, as we don't have enough charging options yet in my region to ditch our gas car and rely on our Model 3. I also really like the creature comforts of the new S/X like drivers screen, rear screen, vented seats and I'm hoping as many of those as possible are brought in, along with a killer stereo.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
my hopes have since retreated to: just don’t be a full-sized exterior with less than full-sized interior/cargo (*cough cough Rivian*)
I’d be quite happy if they shrunk the vault and had a huge sail pillar storage area.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
People are so stuck on exterior size, and so worried that it'll be shorter than an F150.

I'm in the camp of, it's going to match the Ford Raptor or RAM TRX bed and interior specs (maybe exceed) but still be 10 inches shorter overall.

The Lightning is based on an ICE platform. The CT is a brand new animal.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I’d be quite happy if they shrunk the vault and had a huge sail pillar storage area.
100% - I’ve had RamBox envy for nearly 15 years!

my personal use case (and OCD tendencies) also prioritize the “a place for everything, and everything in its place” sort of compartment fetish

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

If you have twitter, please vote! Tomorrow we will be getting some pretty decent measurements from Matt. Don't expect them to be scientific, but they'll be good!

Before we all know from that video... What do you hope? A mid sized truck? or a full size truck?

I think we know the answer, but.... Lets for once and for all - KNOW.
I have never needed a full-sized pickup, and don't now, but that is what the Cybertruck was advertised as, and I am fine with it being that size as long as the specs and the production schedule remain the same.

I worry that tweaking the design further will just push production back and I am 100% against that.

I actually think the chances of the Cybertruck being anything but full sized (i.e., to compete directly with the F150, as originally intended) are ZERO. So no matter what the current prototype looks like, or measures to, I expect the functional pickup features (bed size, cargo capacity, and towing capacity) to remain the same, I expect the offroad features (approach and departure angles, adjustable suspension, and suspension range) to remain the same, and I expect the performance features (0-60 times, top speeds, charging rates and times, and ranges) to remain the same.
Sponsored