How do you tell if you are going to get a loaner from the service center?

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The app just says I'll get notified if I qualify for alternative transportation.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The app just says I'll get notified if I qualify for alternative transportation.
If it is warranty work they give you a loaner but you might have to demand one because they prefer to give you 100 Uber bucks. I live further than I can get on 100 Uber bucks so I always either wait (if possible) or demand a loaner.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
If it is warranty work they give you a loaner but you might have to demand one because they prefer to give you 100 Uber bucks. I live further than I can get on 100 Uber bucks so I always either wait (if possible) or demand a loaner.
Loaner availability can also be limited, so you might be forced to go the Rideshare credit route or even rental car route if it’s for multiple days (at least I assume they still offer rentals if loaners aren’t available and rideshare for multiple days isn’t practical). When I had to go Rideshare they told me to let them know if I needed the credits increased, which I did need for the return ride back.

Guylouis

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F.S. CyberBeast, XP, YP, 3P
Country flag
If you have a beast of plaid you always get a loaner. Always

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I got a loaner both times; on my SC, they ask you to request 24 hours before your drop-off time.
I argue that I don't have time or uber easily available in my area. I leave ~50 minutes from SC.

OP
OP

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I got a loaner both times; on my SC, they ask you to request 24 hours before your drop-off time.
I argue that I don't have time or uber easily available in my area. I leave ~50 minutes from SC.
That is part of what is frustrating about it.

"Our team is reviewing your service appointment. We will notify you if you are eligible for alternative transportation."

Alternative from what? I think Due Bill work should always be eligible for a loner. But they do like to lie and mislead.

So like the day of, I'll get to know if I need a ride home?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Loaner availability can also be limited, so you might be forced to go the Rideshare credit route or even rental car route if it’s for multiple days (at least I assume they still offer rentals if loaners aren’t available and rideshare for multiple days isn’t practical). When I had to go Rideshare they told me to let them know if I needed the credits increased, which I did need for the return ride back.
Tesla has never offered me a rental car if they had no loaner. I told them on several occasions that if they insist on the uber bucks then they will have to give me enough to get home and back for every day of service. I did have some body work done at some point (7 weeks) and the body shop and my insurance (Tesla) covered the rental fees.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That is part of what is frustrating about it.

"Our team is reviewing your service appointment. We will notify you if you are eligible for alternative transportation."

Alternative from what? I think Due Bill work should always be eligible for a loner. But they do like to lie and mislead.

So like the day of, I'll get to know if I need a ride home?
Personally I do not appreciate your saying that Tesla likes to lie and mislead. I suspect that is more about you than them. The quote you gave is simply boilerplate. I acknowledge and accept your frustration as I have been there, but not your misdirected anger.

OP
OP

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Personally I do not appreciate your saying that Tesla likes to lie and mislead. I suspect that is more about you than them. The quote you gave is simply boilerplate. I acknowledge and accept your frustration as I have been there, but not your misdirected anger.
Not angry and the information is not misdirected. Folks don't need to gloss over everything or try and make it personal. On many occasions they have been more than ok with lying and misleading. For better or worse it's a begrudgingly accepted part of sales/service. Are they the only ones? No but that doesn't make it ok or fun to deal with.

Fabville

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fabville.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X, 2015 Model S P85D, AWD CT
Country flag
Tesla has never offered me a rental car if they had no loaner. I told them on several occasions that if they insist on the uber bucks then they will have to give me enough to get home and back for every day of service. I did have some body work done at some point (7 weeks) and the body shop and my insurance (Tesla) covered the rental fees.
They may have stopped offering rentals altogether then, this was around 2018-2019 when we were having warranty work done on our X.

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
Send them a message through the app and they will let you know if there is a loaner available. I sent a message the night before my appointment. Just respond to the message about your upcoming appt.

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Last time I was in getting my winter wheels & tires changed over to the summer set about a month ago they said "Since you've got a Model S Plaid you're entitled to a S or X loaner. However, we don't have any available. Would you prefer a 3 or a Y?" It was a Friday and I needed to haul some stuff on Saturday so I went with a Y - which was a very early build Model Y Performance with FSD with 50+K miles, broken bits and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in ...ever. That said, I wiped it down and it was fine over the weekend, took it straight to a Supercharger, on their time, and topped up from 60-90% which was exactly what I needed for the weekend returning it with 58%.

YMMV

I've also gotten Uber credit before.

I've also gotten nothing before.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
My center said they have very few loaners and have stopped doing Uber in most cases as well. They built the new one right next to a bus stop and it seems they expect people to use it.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I got a loaner for the whole day yesterday for my warranty eork on the pedal.

I was thinking of a joy ride to San Francisco since they said it got free suoercharging.

But I can't operate anymore those old fanged toggle turn signals and gear shifter. :p

OP
OP

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I got a loaner for the whole day yesterday for my warranty eork on the pedal.

I was thinking of a joy ride to San Francisco since they said it got free suoercharging.

But I can't operate anymore those old fanged toggle turn signals and gear shifter. :p
Are they still doing the rivet? Do you have the option to forgo the rivet repair? If you got one riveted, are they going to replace it with a fixed pedal at some point?
Sponsored