I ordered a CyberTruck 4 years ago, why don’t I receive an invite to purchase?

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
@WarpathTesla, your reservation number guarantees you a place in line, but only Tesla knows the actual sequence. You're no different than the rest of us who also have 'early' reservation numbers.

Reservation application interfaces published on the web from servers can handle thousands of requests in a single minute, with many processing instances assigned as the input demand grows. So you don't really know how many reservations were made before yours, regardless of how fast you think your response was.

The reservation number itself may be misleading, because Tesla could have had blocks of numbers dedicated to various server instances, with the application assigning an actual sequence index based on date/time stamp behind the scenes, attached to your reservation number the instant you made it. Only a few within Tesla really knows exactly how their reservation sequence works, but the bottom line is Tesla hasn't stated that the reservation number itself is actually any sequence at all. Many buyers are assuming that, but don't actually know for certain.

Of course it's possible within certain parts of the reservation number sequences may still apply, or that Tesla is loosely filling reservations based on a sequence combined with areas, regions, and trim variants, etc., but it's hard to know. I've seen many reservation numbers get configuration invites that were sequentially greater than mine. I've also seen reservation numbers in my state that were both less and greater than mine, getting configuration invites as well. So I've long realized that the reservation number alone doesn't determine the sequence.

We're all waiting. Good Luck.

- ÆCIII
Exactly!
No invite for me in Fremont, according to the tracker my adjusted order number was 25th in line. In other words I was basically first in line and I have not been invited. I take comfort in knowing that Tesla is not specifically screwing me over. We should really start a thread of low reservation numbers with no invite. That would be more interesting than the invites.
Sponsored

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
Hi all! I ordered a Cybertruck in the first hour after the presentation 4 years ago, my code number is RN112830*** ..
You are one unlucky dude. I actually fell asleep the night of the reveal and didn't place my reservation until the next day and got RN11282xxx...

OP
OP
WarpathTesla

WarpathTesla

First Name
Kirill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, 3, X
Occupation
Blogger
Country flag
First off, they have only just started getting to RN11283 numbers. They haven't "skipped" you. Secondly, are you in Siberia, or Texas? They are only delivering in North America so far, as Tesla always does on new product launches. (How do they address an early launch recall if the truck is in Asia?) If they even get a sense that you are not in the US, then you will be passed over for a long, long while, and that is how it's always been. You either need patience or another vehicle to target. Cheers!
In Texas and Los AngelesI live and I already have 3 Teslas on my account and 2 cybertruck reservations, I was just born in Siberia and lived there most of my life

CTWheee

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 now, CT soon!
Occupation
Stuff
Country flag
Hi all! I ordered a Cybertruck in the first hour after the presentation 4 years ago, my code number is RN112830*** .. Tesla has some kind of Bot that determines who should win? I'm ready to buy right now, why am I not receiving a message?!?!? I have already studied many algorithms on what principle a person is selected, but does my order, which I made, immediately fly by? Is this fair? I’ve already taken a ride with a friend, but I’m waiting for my cybertruck, they didn’t even give me the wine and the pre-order doesn’t open the first time, sometimes it gives a 404 error. I just see that someone new ordered on Twitter and shared that he already knows the delivery date, but I have nothing?!?!? Who knows why?
I ordered before Elon even said it was live, where's my truck. You waited an hour, you're years behind.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's in the same range as my RN, and I got my invite on the second.

Did you make sure that you have your address filled in at http://tesla.com/teslaaccount ?

You are one unlucky dude. I actually fell asleep the night of the reveal and didn't place my reservation until the next day and got RN11282xxx...
Yeah, a bunch of us didn't get our confirmation until the next day.

-Crissa

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Model 3, '17 RX350, eventually CT
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Hi all! I ordered a Cybertruck in the first hour after the presentation 4 years ago, my code number is RN112830*** .. Tesla has some kind of Bot that determines who should win? I'm ready to buy right now, why am I not receiving a message?!?!? I have already studied many algorithms on what principle a person is selected, but does my order, which I made, immediately fly by? Is this fair? I’ve already taken a ride with a friend, but I’m waiting for my cybertruck, they didn’t even give me the wine and the pre-order doesn’t open the first time, sometimes it gives a 404 error. I just see that someone new ordered on Twitter and shared that he already knows the delivery date, but I have nothing?!?!? Who knows why?
These are the latest emails sent to Texas. At this rate, you should get your email soon?

TXRN11276XXX12/21/2023
TXRN11277XXX12/21/2023
TXRN1127XXX12/21/2023
TXRN11278XXX12/26/2023
TXRN11278XXX12/26/2023
TXRN11278XXX12/26/2023
TXRN11279XXX12/28/2023
TXRN11280XXX12/28/2023
TXRN11280XXX12/28/2023
TXRN12795XXX12/28/2023
TXRN11280XXX1/2/2024
TXRN11281XXX1/2/2024
TXRN11274XXX1/6/2024

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That's in the same range as my RN, and I got my invite on the second.

Did you make sure that you have your address filled in at http://tesla.com/teslaaccount ?

Yeah, a bunch of us didn't get our confirmation until the next day.

-Crissa
Congrats on your invite @Crissa. I thought you were unhappy with the price/range.

bkane808

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Builder
Country flag
8A0166C5-5319-47FC-8458-0419F6901158.JPG

cybertruck.jpg
Sorry but I have a lower num 11278…. and have not received an invitation. I’ll order any one of tho available too.

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hopefully everyone who can afford the Founders Edition will get an invite soon. I'm going to wait a while and enjoy the Model Y in the meantime. Can't justify the early price for my use case. Would like to see a lot of Cybertrucks flooding the roads though!

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Did anyone get offered the FS who ordered a single motor?

MetalBonsai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Model 3, '17 RX350, eventually CT
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Sorry but I have a lower num 11278…. and have not received an invitation. I’ll order any one of tho available too.
There's only been one person so far from Hawaii (that logged their info here) who has received their email. I bet you're next very soon :) Also, I have no clue, but I think I'm seeing trends by state anyway.

HIRN11276XXX1/4/2024

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
Did anyone get offered the FS who ordered a single motor?
I wish..didnt want to chance being left out so i ordered 2 dual motors on dec23 reveal day..im wayyyy down
Sponsored