Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I owned my 01 Silverado for the last 11 years! Now that the Cybertruck is feeling closer (and im not really using it) I decided to get rid of it. We are down to 1 gas car and an MYP. When the CT actually comes out, we plan on poofing the Civic too!

Who else is already making moves?

RIP Silveraydo.

Tesla Cybertruck I sold my truck to make way for the Cybertruck! Who else is making moves? 1676169546594
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I owned my 01 Silverado for the last 11 years! Now that the Cybertruck is feeling closer (and im not really using it) I decided to get rid of it. We are down to 1 gas car and an MYP. When the CT actually comes out, we plan on poofing the Civic too!

RIP Silveraydo.

1676169546594.png
Nice looking vehicle. My brother works at CarMax and he says used car prices are still high. If you aren't using that truck, you probably will get more for it now than you would later. (This is not financial advice) but, putting that money into Tesla stock could make some cents.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You have made a good point, one which I don't think we have realized yet how impactful it could be for CT orders.

I did ponder it. If Tesla were to announce a Cyberwagon, someone like me might prefer that over the CT for towing an RV. As much as I'd love the cybertruck.. the extra space/configuration in a wagon could be appealing.

Others would have their own reasons.. but there would be many I'd say.

I love the CT anyway, so no regrets if I didn't have a choice.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This might do crazy things with the Cybertruck reservation list, I can picture people switching to a van or SUV if they were available. A decent Tesla van could sway me away from the Cybertruck for sure. Heck… I’d really love something like the Honda Element but slightly more van-like and off-roady. But I doubt we’ll see that.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

RIP Silveraydo.

1676169546594.png
Good call.
Does the CIVIC know it's about to be
'poofed' ( How many wishes left? )

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
LOL, I sold my Tundra 18 months ago before the first of the delays.
I sold my model 3 before the first covid delays. Ended up buying a Y because im not patient

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I can't imagine Tesla saying anything that would make me not get the CT personally. Aside from raising the price too far. As mentioned, my truck was not new so pretty much any truck will beat it. Cybervan would be dope. Or CyberSUV, but I think if either of those got announced, I would buy CT and then trade/sell it when they came out.

My family pretty much only uses the Y, so the truck and the civic were both redundant. Now I only have 1 level of redundancy instead of 2 lol.

Yea, 8 months without a vehicle would suck. I sold my M3 when CT was first announced and regretted it pretty quickly. Drove my truck for a few months and then pulled the trigger on the MYP

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Nice looking vehicle. My brother works at CarMax and he says used car prices are still high. If you aren't using that truck, you probably will get more for it now than you would later. (This is not financial advice) but, putting that money into Tesla stock could make some cents.
Yea, when kbb told me I could get over 6k for the thing I was like whaaaaaaaat.

A smarter man would probably invest it but I only have one more non-car/mortgage debt so I am trying to pay that off before CT comes.
Sponsored