I hope Tesla accepts bitcoin again so I can make this a seamless purchase
Sponsored

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Tesla has never managed to accept bitcoin, and at this rate, never will.

-Crissa
Yes they have and they hold 10K bitcoin in their treasury as well. It’s 2023, Google is your friend.

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
Who else is already making moves?

RIP Silveraydo.
I redid my house electrical panel. I installed a nema 14-50 and I bought a mobile connector today from Tesla, it's being shipped.

I am trying to pay off my car so I'm ready to move on, although somehow I ended up way upside down on my used 2012 Outback that I bought from Carvana one year ago for 17k. My debt is now 11k and I'm still upside down by about 5k although I've barely driven it. I feel violated. Much worse financial decision than buying a brand new car.

I had a deposit saved plus more than that but it disappeared, I had to pay a couple of debts. So, restarting.

Yes, I'm trying to get ready. I'm doing a couple other things too to get ready.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
I owned my 01 Silverado for the last 11 years! Now that the Cybertruck is feeling closer (and im not really using it) I decided to get rid of it. We are down to 1 gas car and an MYP. When the CT actually comes out, we plan on poofing the Civic too!

Who else is already making moves?

RIP Silveraydo.

1676169546594.png
LOL, just no longer properly maintaining my old Ford...AC isn't getting fixed, and I'll just keep adding power steering fluid rather than addressing the problem, and the tires won't be getting changed either.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
She hates the Cybertruck and loves the Hummer, so go figure. :unsure:
I'm trying to get my MYP paid down as much as possible so we can either refinance or pay it off when CT gets here.

My interest rate is sooo good though I am fighting with myself.

Wife gets the Y

papajamaliciousness

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Subaru Outback
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
The issue may be carvana. They sold me a car a year ago for 17k plus about 1.5k in expenses. I paid the debt down to 11k but the value they are offering me is only 5.8k. I have put I believe 5,000 miles on the car. Maybe 6,000?

I learned a couple lessons. (1) I never plan to buy from carvana again. And (2) you don't necessarily save depreciation fees by buying used cars--I believe it is completely impossible that the value of a new car would have depreciated by 70% in 1 year. So a new car would actually have been a safer investment.

how much would you sell your m3 for? what does it have? what region of the country are you in? What is its condition, how many miles? thx

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice looking vehicle. My brother works at CarMax and he says used car prices are still high. If you aren't using that truck, you probably will get more for it now than you would later. (This is not financial advice) but, putting that money into Tesla stock could make some cents.
Actually I'm trading in or selling my Tesla M3 when my turn is.close probably end of 2025. Meantime, I'm investing in Tesla stocks to pay for the rest of the CT cost. Tesla stock price might go up to $300 very soon.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The issue may be carvana. They sold me a car a year ago...
Well, that's your problem right there. From Q3 2020 to Q3 2022 there was a shortage of cars. So prices were inflated, especially on the used market, after mass transit was made scary by a pandemic and more people moved to rural areas to save on rent and needed more transportation.

The major car companies, thinking a pandemic meant fewer car buyers (why? I cannot figure this out. All historic pandemics have led to higher personal consumption even in the face of huge losses of population because the remaining population was sharing a larger piece of the economy), cut their parts orders, specifically chips. The chip companies, seeing their older fabs had less orders decided to scrap more of them so they could build new fabs, so when the car companies came back with their hats in hand, found there weren't enough of the older, tested chips to go around.

On top of that, as more stuff was being ordered to deal with the massive shifts in demand and consumption, shipping got all messed up, and that meant bottlenecks for even normal orders to get caught up in. Seeing demand spikes, markets were awash with money going into investments instead of paying employees and many raw materials got bought up and...

Well, not as many cars got made. Everyone got their parts orders cut by an average of 30%, and only the company that had pre-ordered a 50% increase in parts still was able to increase their production. But in total, fewer cars were made, more were demanded, especially at the lower end.

-Crissa

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The issue may be carvana. They sold me a car a year ago for 17k plus about 1.5k in expenses. I paid the debt down to 11k but the value they are offering me is only 5.8k. I have put I believe 5,000 miles on the car. Maybe 6,000?

I learned a couple lessons. (1) I never plan to buy from carvana again. And (2) you don't necessarily save depreciation fees by buying used cars--I believe it is completely impossible that the value of a new car would have depreciated by 70% in 1 year. So a new car would actually have been a safer investment.

how much would you sell your m3 for? what does it have? what region of the country are you in? What is its condition, how many miles? thx
I totally agree with Crissa, prices were way jacked up when you bought. Then leveled out.
Sponsored