If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
It carries some digital data, but the audio isn't. That's why it can't carry more than two channels. The hardware could carry more, but the standard is super-old.

-Crissa
...please go to timestamp 10:58 on your own video...
...Toslink is digital, SPDIF over copper wire is digital...
...analogue audio over copper wire is analogue...
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Having an electronic diff lock ...

. Quite easy to have an electronic/software diff lock with four motors.
There is nothing "differential" about Rivians arrangement. It can indeed emulate the action of a differential but it is by no means subject to the limitations of a differential.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
At the root of vector space control is knowing where the magnetic field of the rotor is relative to that of the stator. If a wheel breaks loose the rotor is going to get ahead of the stator field and the controller will immediately advance the phase of the stator to maintain lock. As the free wheel needs no torque the angle will be small and little torque produced meaning the power to that motor is immediately (and automatically) reduced. Thus control is through torque management, at least in the inner most loops of the control system. Obviously the outer loops are concerned with speed as that is what the driver ultimately controls.

The reason is, in a nutshell, that they have electric motors which inherently have broad torque vs speed characteristics meaning that high torque is available at any speed.

The car is designed to do 0 - 60 in a certain length of time and the torque limitations are determined by that. You can always get more torque by running more current but torque stresses mechanical parts. The 0 - 60 run is at the systems torque limit. The controllers are set to limit current and angle to that which keeps torque production in the safe region. You can't ever get more torque than that. Now you can get that much torque whenever you are in the torque limited region. IOW if you want to leave every stop sign as if you are doing a 0 - 60 determination run you are free to do so and given that this is quite an experience, at least at first, many do. The result is that many Tesla owners find their tyres wearing faster than they expect (torque translates to thrust though slip). Keep that in mind next time you are tempted.

Deleted member 3316

My
There is nothing "differential" about Rivians arrangement. It can indeed emulate the action of a differential but it is by no means subject to the limitations of a differential.
My point was that with 4 motors it’s possible to have each motor turn each wheel at exactly the same speed no matter the grip conditions, functioning just like front rear and centre differential locks in a mechanical system.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
I bet if the back seats could fold up, and the front row of seats could slide forward against the wheel, there would be enough room for sleeping in the cab. Maybe not fully stretched out tho.
I'm thinking more along the line of Fords new full recline front seats. But all 6 seats line up so that its one large area. Not something I really care too much about was just thinking that's something that I haven't seen crewcab trucks accomplish yet.
Side note: I do happen to know that if you remove the passenger seat in F150 crewcab and fold up the seat behind it. At 6'2" I can lay perfectly flat in that space. Then easily replace the seat once the unexpected hailstorm passes as was in my case while camping. haha.

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
For the next version, I want a smaller size cyber truck, but with the same overall features of the original model. It will fit in my garage easier. Yes, I will garage my CT to keep it out of the heat for the sake of the battery temperature.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
For the next version, I want a smaller size cyber truck, but with the same overall features of the original model. It will fit in my garage easier. Yes, I will garage my CT to keep it out of the heat for the sake of the battery temperature.
Agreed next Cybertruck should scale down smaller. How small? Maverick is any indication, that is a size that can travel to Int’l markets and beyond.

Beyond is a problem in the design brief. Beyond is where the sun don’t shine.

Regardless, no mini-me CT it should be. Global warming defines its range. Calamity is its functional spec., Haiti/Cuba dystopias its security envelope and float should come standard.

Deleted member 3316

1. Small winch/cable that can haul heavy objects up ramp into truck bed. 2. Rear seats that fold flat while rear window divider lowers to allow flat access to truck bed from inside truck even when tonneau cover is locked. 3. drainage plug in frunk or rear storage area to drain melted ice when used as a cooler - OR better yet have it refrigerated!
I think some rollers strategically positioned on the bonnet, roof apex rear spoiler and bed could accomodate using a front mounted winch.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
1. Motorized running boards
(I'm not going to say solar because that's allegedly already in work)
2. Winch built in
3. An actual good plan for front license plates.

4. Vehicle to grid and vehicle to vehicle

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
1) Fold flat front seats for sleeping
2) Refrigerated frunk
3) Recessed roof mounts, so when I camp I can screw in eye-bolts to attach tarps to create a shady area or string lights or…anything
Sponsored