If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

Deleted member 3316

It has an axel assembly, but I don't think it has has a gearbox, either. It does have a differential, but...

-Crissa
Yeah, Model S3XY have a reduction gear assembly before the diff, not a traditional transmission but a box of gears all the same. It wouldn’t be too challenging for a competent engineer to port in a power take off before the diff. Expensive but probably not too challenging.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
V2G, V2G, V2G
Would this even be an option for a Tesla. I feel like if Tesla was going to allow this, they would probably just make them standard for every vehicle. If the current hardware couldn't support it, I could see an associated cost to upgrade your vehicle to allow this, but I don't think Tesla would require an extra cost for the ability on a new car.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
No: 1...A SPARE TYRE (a must for outback, rear mounted is even better),
No: 2...solar panels instead of glass roof (never liked the sun shining directly down on me while driving),
No: 3...V2G (my house at least)

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
No: 1...A SPARE TYRE (a must for outback, rear mounted is even better),
No: 2...solar panels instead of glass roof (never liked the sun shining directly down on me while driving),
No: 3...V2G (my house at least)
When you say rear mounted tire, do you mean like mounted on the tailgate? If that's what you meant, I don't imagine that would be very difficult to install aftermarket. But it would make the tailgate much heavier when opening and closing. I plan to just put an easily removable mount for a tire in the bed, using the T slots, that way I can take it out whenever i'm not offroading.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Yes CyberMoose, I think you are right. Less likely to get it stolen or damagd...safe in the bed area.
So, my N0: 3, is now a HUD. (I am not a fan of the display screen out of my vision line).

Deleted member 3316

Yes CyberMoose, I think you are right. Less likely to get it stolen or damagd...safe in the bed area.
So, my N0: 3, is now a HUD. (I am not a fan of the display screen out of my vision line).
Have you driven a Model 3? Centre screen is not out of your vision line. When ever you move your eyes you are essentially blind, the action of moving you eyes down or down and to the side is the same. If you’re set in having a HUD there are at least two aftermarket options for Model 3 and Y, I’m sure Cybertruck will get some too.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I never really considered it being stolen personally. I have a rear mounted tire on my Jeep and it would probably be easier to steal one of the 4 tires on the ground.

As for a Hud, I had one on an old used car I bought, surprisingly from 2002 and it was actually stock on a limited model. Personally I turned it off after having it for a while. I didn't really see much benefit in having my speed displayed directly infront of my eyes. I've never really had a problem maintaining my speed and with a Cybertruck it should be even easier with autopilot. From the demo rides videos that they had for the Cybertruck, I think I would be pretty easy to see the speed while driving, it's pretty much just a few inches away from your right hand on the steering wheel.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
1. Integrated solar panels
2. Integrated battery charger for small power tools made by Tesla (yes, that implies I want Tesla to make wireless power tools)
3. Headrest displays for my kids

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Factory rack, factory trailer cameras/monitor, brake controller.
What do you mean by 'Brake Controller'? Ability to control brakes like rally cars (to power slide) or towing brake controller?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What do you mean by 'Brake Controller'? Ability to control brakes like rally cars (to power slide) or towing brake controller?
Or be able to change regen settings around? On my Zero I can assign more or less regen to braking or neutral throttle; some others have had variable regen on the fly using brake controls (one even used a throttle that went backwards past the neutral point!).

Lotsa things you can do with software and braking on a EV.

I'd love to have most of my brake pedal travel run through variable regen from 0 to max before actually using friction braking. I think Autopilot already does this for speed control...

-Crissa

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
1. Fold out solar panels incorporated into the truck (like a spacecraft) with solar DC connectors for stand alone panels
2. 4-wheel steering with HUD
3. Smart Summon mode that backs it up to a trailer and all you have to do is lower the receiver onto the ball.

A matching e-boat on that trailer would be cool also

Deleted member 3316

Or be able to change regen settings around? On my Zero I can assign more or less regen to braking or neutral throttle; some others have had variable regen on the fly using brake controls (one even used a throttle that went backwards past the neutral point!).

Lotsa things you can do with software and braking on a EV.

I'd love to have most of my brake pedal travel run through variable regen from 0 to max before actually using friction braking. I think Autopilot already does this for speed control...

-Crissa
Tesla doesn’t merge regen and Friction braking. You can set regen to max and it gradually increases deceleration as you release the accelerator all the way to a stop. Then if that’s not enough you apply the friction brakes. I find I only need to apply the friction brakes if I’m driving in a spirited fashion. ;) or if some other idiot is also driving in a spirited fashion a I need to avoid them.

What could be ingenious is if Tesla sell a flat bed trailer that could be customised to any need. Battery in the base, in wheel motors (Axial flux look promising)then a connection to the car to control it. Dynamic stabilisation, regenerative braking and power assist on big hills or icy roads. An off road version would be great unbeatable. I can imagine overlanders would want this even if they kept their fossil gobblers.
Sponsored