If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Most of us would agree with you. However there's still lots of debate on both sides. Lot's of people believe they are just grooves with rubber inserts and not T-Slots. Tesla has not confirmed or denied if they are in fact T-Slots.
If they are T - slots they are going to be a bit of a mission to keep free from gunk, - also depending on what you regularly load. I tend to often carry sand and such like, so I would probably have to source some thick rubber matting similar to conveyor belt material, which I would chuck into the bin before loading sand etc. Not perfect as some sand would still sneak in at the edges.
Alternatively, and a nicer/neater option would be if some after-market crowd made rubber/neoprene strips which you could temporarily insert to keep the grooves clean. They would also double as a non skid surface.

JM_the_Pilot

First Name
Jon-Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
1: Heads up display similar to the type we get in jets (shows speed, speed markings, acceleration, attitude, G force, outside air temp... the like)

2: “Friendly” Or pedestrian horn to alert people while coming out of alleys or parking lots.

3: Tow package. Give me the works.. backup assist, brake controller, wifi/Bluetooth magnetic/suction camera for the back of the trailer

4: Solar vault cover. It doesn’t need to charge the car per se, just stop the energy bleed while parked for long periods

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
1. Front receiver hitch; hidden by a cover is fine but also a standard seven pin trailer connector female outlet with 12v pin and enough amps to power a winch. Winch could be used on front receiver or rear and if it was a Tesla product it would fit in the lower box of the vault when not in use.
2. Solar roof; I would sacrifice transparency on the glass roof to have silicon cells incorporated into this glass for standby power losses / consumption. Six fold out Tesla 300 watt panels would be nice while parked at the airport for a week but I don’t think I would pay the $1500+ option charge.
3. Reference Christmas music synchronization of Model X lights, I would like to have owner access to circuitry to program lights on an Arduino, flashers, third brake light, head lights, and off road light, for utility/ construction vehicles or have it as a pay option to have it added to “settings”on the touch screen.
4. Tires and wheels are bad ass! I might however, opt for a smoother, quieter riding 80,000 mile all season Michelin if a fantastic looking first class wheel was an option.

tcirilli

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Handyman
Country flag
If you had a direct line to Elon Musk, what would you ask he add to the options list? List three
500 mile battery option in the dual motor version. Regular steering wheel. Low rolling resistance, high mileage, quiet touring tires. Please!

Mark H

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Denali
Country flag
500 mile battery option in the dual motor version. Regular steering wheel. Low rolling resistance, high mileage, quiet touring tires. Please!
i watched a video from someone that was given a ride in the CT. He said tires were very quiet with speeds up to 70 mph. Ride was very smooth.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
FULL SIZE SPARE TIRE! I would much rather have this than the extra storage under the bed.
Complete tow package. and/or 5th wheel option
Winch, front is fine for me. I would lose frunk space to get this option.

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
1. Single pedal driving. aka Max regen all the way to vehicle stop. Common on some EVs.
2. Digital Hula Girl (CyberGirl) on the center screen. Dances to road bumps.
3.Thermal camera for midnight missions to Esalen.
3. Hot tub vault bed liner. 220V heater. 420Gal. For when Esalen is closed.
Sponsored

Last edited: