If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
Not for me, But.... what about our “Wounded Warriors”. Wheelchair access? Maybe up the tailgate into the driver compartment? Wheelchair storage? Hand control rather than foot controls. Other ideas, anyone? Course all would be options but may be great to incorporate into the original design.
Sponsored

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
1. Display behind the steering wheel (like MS&X) while maintaining the landscape mode display and size that is already in it.

2. Solar options... All. The. Solar. Options.

3. Matching travel trailer that contains its own battery pack and also has all the solar.

Deleted member 3316

1. Display behind the steering wheel (like MS&X) while maintaining the landscape mode display and size that is already in it.

3. Matching travel trailer that contains its own battery pack and also has all the solar.
1. Go drive a model 3 for a week, the Binacle display is overrated.

2. I wonder if a SpaceX package could include an origami flexible panel system.

3. I think this is one of the most compelling potential product for cybertruck owners. Imagine a caravan or camper trailer as you described; that battery would only be required when travelling and when home that setup could be used just like a powerwall/solar home setup.
Renters could have this trailer producing and storing power for the home whilst parked in the driveway and take it all with them when either they go on holiday or move house. The only installation the house would need is a behind the meter gateways did connector to enable export to the grid. This could work at a remote cabin too.

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Country flag
1. Go drive a model 3 for a week, the Binacle display is overrated.

For me, it's about instant availability of information. I have Trip data to the left, car surroundings in the middle, and exterior car data (tire pressure, open doors, etc) to the right on the panel behind the steering wheel. On the center panel I have navigation, power consumption, and music. Even on my home computer I run 4 screens. I'm one of those guys that can never have too many screens. I used to run an industrial console with 12 screens and I would've taken more if they would have given them to me.

Deleted member 3316

For me, it's about instant availability of information. I have Trip data to the left, car surroundings in the middle, and exterior car data (tire pressure, open doors, etc) to the right on the panel behind the steering wheel. On the center panel I have navigation, power consumption, and music. Even on my home computer I run 4 screens. I'm one of those guys that can never have too many screens. I used to run an industrial console with 12 screens and I would've taken more if they would have given them to me.
different strokes I guess, but I your console preference is well outside the bell curve. I think yours will be an array of aftermarket displays... or you could just get a Rivian or EF-150 or.....? the hummer????

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
If you had a direct line to Elon Musk, what would you ask he add to the options list? List three
1) puncture proof, airless tires (TWEEL or UPTIS type)
2) MC4 connection port wherein I could plug my solar array directly into.
3) 600+ miles of range with the dual motor.
4) a 3 seater ( just remove the back row of seats.) as a special order item.
5) instead of the back row of seats, offer an option that would make that current seating arrangement a large "couch" wherein one could fold it down and into a heated futon style sleeping/resting bed, again as a special order item .

Opps I did 5, hehehe.

Last edited:

Nathon

First Name
Nathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 , Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
midgate that could fully open with removable rear seat. standard full solar hook ups, 500 mile range dual motor option.

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

After reading all the posts on this thread, there are two options that I hadn't considered, but would easily also pay for as upgrades:

1. Long range dual motor: I don't really want the tri-motor, and I'm not buying it for the 0-60. I reserved it for the range because I plan on buying an RV coming up and many of the places I want to try camping won't have electrical hookups. I do want at least the dual motor for 4x4 capability though. All that being said, I'd like to see a long range single motor as well. It's not something I'd buy, but I now it would be popular amongst people who will never off-road.

2. Starlink: Seems I read somewhere that the dish will never work on a vehicle, and there's no way to imbed an antenna in any vehicle. It would be an awesome option though. I plan on trying to add a Starlink dish to the RV when I get it.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
I got one I haven't seen...... Its potentially just software update if they don't have it already in mind...

1) Use back EMF vs power input to calculate torsion/ stress on CV joints for options where an individual wheel is controlled by a single motor. I.E tri-motor rear wheels or every wheel for quad motor plaid. When doing heavy 4x4 tracks, a wheel might lose and regain complete traction instantly and snapping CV joints etc... is a common outcome of those situations. Using back EMF to sense that spike in traction, the car could instantly dial back power to that one wheel briefly to prevent damage.

2) 600+ mi trimotor

3)waterproof door seals at least up to the window sills for getting bogged in mud/water crossings. prevent water from getting to that oh so expensive computer and electronics inside.

4) the seats fold up in back, but also all seats fold to create an entire sleeping area in the cab. one big bed.

5) tesla winch

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A Tesla uses the physical brakes to reduce power on a wheel.

Their motors are matched to an axle, not independent to wheel each wheel.

-Crissa
Sponsored