Inflation & preorders final purchase price.

MoonBuggy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Tesla Escalade
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
My wife ordered a Y a month ago and the current order price, is 2k more. By delivery in September it will undoubtedly be more.
At what point would taking the PR hit and settling any lawsuits be more cost efficient than a loss on each pre-ordered CT to roll off the line?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
At what point would taking the PR hit and settling any lawsuits be more cost efficient than a loss on each pre-ordered CT to roll off the line?
The loss?

Tesla is not wanting for demand right now. Turning demand into cash is something they can do.

I'm not sure what their pricing changes have to do with the Cybertruck or lawsuits?

-Crissa

OP
OP
MoonBuggy

MoonBuggy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Tesla Escalade
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
The loss?

Tesla is not wanting for demand right now. Turning demand into cash is something they can do.

I'm not sure what their pricing changes have to do with the Cybertruck or lawsuits?

-Crissa
I’m speaking to if they will uphold the reservation pricing 39,900-69,900 with inflation driving up their costs per unit.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I’m speaking to if they will uphold the reservation pricing 39,900-69,900 with inflation driving up their costs per unit.
Do you have a reservation on a Cybertruck? If you do, look at the pre-order agreement. It clearly states that the pre-order price is an estimate and will be confirmed when you put in the actual order. And that it's subject to change. There will be no lawsuits over price changes.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am sure they will have a carefully worded reservation price order sheet that probably states all prices are subject to change.....thats what really pisses me off...I ordered my CT3 for $69k + FSD for $10k = $79k......I will not be a happy camper if prices change..... in addition, they have convienently deleted my FSD order from my account and no one at Tesla can seem to get me to someone that can discuss this issue....I am not holding my breath for $69k and for them finding my elusive 10K FSD order.....

OP
OP
MoonBuggy

MoonBuggy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Tesla Escalade
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Do you have a reservation on a Cybertruck? If you do, look at the pre-order agreement. It clearly states that the pre-order price is an estimate and will be confirmed when you put in the actual order. And that it's subject to change. There will be no lawsuits over price changes.
I haven’t read it in awhile, just know its super short so more a PR stunt than a binding contract. There would be plenty of people with their panties in a bunch that might try to make a stink but it wouldn’t stick.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I am sure they will have a carefully worded reservation price order sheet that probably states all prices are subject to change.....thats what really pisses me off...I ordered my CT3 for $69k + FSD for $10k = $79k......I will not be a happy camper if prices change..... in addition, they have convienently deleted my FSD order from my account and no one at Tesla can seem to get me to someone that can discuss this issue....I am not holding my breath for $69k and for them finding my elusive 10K FSD order.....
Just modify your order to include the FSD again. 10k is the current going rate anyway. It would be more concerned if you reserved it for 7k and it poofed on you.

The FSD price is locked in with your $100 preorder, the cost of the CT is not. At least, that's the claim. I could see a lot of backlash if they forced early preorders to pay current FSD price, but not with the truck price.

Either way, I am extremely happy with the current price estimate of the CT, it's a killer price for what you get! I'm more concerned with food price inflation, personally.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just modify your order to include the FSD again. 10k is the current going rate anyway. It would be more concerned if you reserved it for 7k and it poofed on you.

The FSD price is locked in with your $100 preorder, the cost of the CT is not. At least, that's the claim. I could see a lot of backlash if they forced early preorders to pay current FSD price, but not with the truck price.

Either way, I am extremely happy with the current price estimate of the CT, it's a killer price for what you get! I'm more concerned with food price inflation, personally.
I order on reveal night...number is 46,160....CT3 for 69k and FSD for 7k.....then my FSD disappeared on the order page and I can't get anywhere to talk to anyone

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If Tesla was expecting a big price increase at launch, they'd change the preorder price. They could do that at any point.

-Crissa
I just hope if a price increase comes, it has done for new orders after the 1st CT is delivered....not the pre-orders during reveal and subsequent orders up to delivery

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The Cybertruck pre-order price is an “estimate” only (read Tesla’s fine print). I can almost guarantee that all reservation holders are going to see a price increase when production starts.

For example, the Model Y has jumped from $48,990 in early 2021 to $53,990 as of today. That’s a $5k price increase. The LR Model S and X have also received a $5k price increase recently. The Model S Plaid recently received a $10k price increase.

MY CRYSTAL BALL PREDICTION: Cybertruck prices will jump to $44,990 for the Single Motor, $54,990 for the Dual Motor and $74,990 for the Tri-Motor model. Don’t forget to add a $1200 destination fee and those ”must have” options. I predict a lightly loaded Tri Motor model will be north of $80k.

Higher MSRP‘s will be the #1 reason that some reservation holders will not purchase and request a refund. I predict it will be around 30-40% of reservation holders.

Last edited:

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I order on reveal night...number is 46,160....CT3 for 69k and FSD for 7k.....then my FSD disappeared on the order page and I can't get anywhere to talk to anyone
The reservation on their website does not state what your FSD price is, it just says that you reserved FSD.
Tesla Cybertruck Inflation & preorders final purchase price. 1627086822873

The order agreement wording states that the vehicle price may vary. While Model Y's reservations had the same verbage, they did honor the original reserved price of the vehicle for reservation holders even though they did not have to.

It says directly on their website, and still does today:
Tesla Cybertruck Inflation & preorders final purchase price. 1627086967272

Meaning if you reserved at $7k, your FSD will be $7k.

If what you're saying is that there is no "Full Self-Driving Capability" listed on your reservation, then I would check your email for the original order. It will look like this:
Tesla Cybertruck Inflation & preorders final purchase price. 1627087068938
If it is not listed on the email, then you thought you ordered FSD, but did not; which would be a real bummer. :eek:

Also, if you modified your order, which I did do early on, you will also get an email that states what you've reserved. Again, it will confirm that you selected FSD:
Tesla Cybertruck Inflation & preorders final purchase price. 1627087318931

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
For example, the Model Y has jumped from $48,990 in early 2021 to $53,990 as of today. That’s a $5k price increase. The LR Model S and X have also received a $5k price increase recently. The Model S Plaid recently received a $10k price increase.
For example, this year is a weird year in which demand is high, production is maxed, suppliers are constrained, and we're coming out of a self-induced recession. You literally cannot compare this year's price changes to any other year because it would not make sense to.

-Crissa