JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Didn’t read the 18 pages maybe I’ll catch up later. The truck looked rad and looks true to the original. Here’s what I noticed which is interesting to me.

The Good
  • Looks like frunk opens to the top of the bumper. That’ll be quite nice if so.
  • Back seats fold up leaving a large floor area. This will be super handy for hauling things and maybe sleeping in the back.
Just observations.
  • Interior is spartan, I expected this.
  • The second driver display is not there. Not surprising. Wasn’t on the original and it’s limited to Teslas low volume vehicles.
  • Black vault area. Not sure if it’s composite or steel covered in textured material. Looks nice
  • Only one fairly small panel in the back which appears to be for electrical. Likely only 1-2 outlets or even 1 outlet plus the compressor. Doesn’t bother me, but might bother some.
  • Weird Squircle steering wheel. I hope this doesn’t mean we’ll be losing drive by wire.
  • Interior of vault has sides that slope inward. Sort of like wheel wells, but much less pronounced. Maybe adding 4WS forced them to expand the wheel area?
The Bad
  • Looks like Sail Pillar Storage is deleted?
  • Only 2 seats in the front and the console is ugly.
I’m holding out a tiny hope for these last 2, but it’s fleeting.

I like the 5% delete. I’d prefer the vault be 6+ feet useful though so hopefully I’ll still be able to get the bikes in there, wheel wells shouldn’t be an issue.
There's a gap in the front as well for the sail storage, full size door to open.
Frunk has grill lift visible here too.
Frunk will most definitely extend under the dash to use some of that volume.

View attachment 16884

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
1677697517353.png

Looks like the sunshades are below the empty space. I think the possibility of upper lightbar exists. Would be cut in middle but i think they can fit it in there. if not, maybe there iis space for aftermarket one if you. pop headliner out lol
No one is floating the idea/possibility that the open space up there is for the tonneau cover to roll up into? Maybe they engineering challenge of having both a folding midgate AND a rollaway tonneau cover was too complicated...so the cover now hides up into the roof area??

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
People in states that require you to place stickers like registration and/or inspection on the lower left inside of the windshield are gonna have a field day applying/removing them on Cybertruck.

Definitely will need one of these, possibly even longer:

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 8D2DAB0C-A1EE-4A6F-83AE-8D4EDA6960BD

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
There's a gap in the front as well for the sail storage, full size door to open.
Frunk has grill lift visible here too.
Frunk will most definitely extend under the dash to use some of that volume.

View attachment 16884
It definitely looks like sail storage is in play on this beta.

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
People in states that require you to place stickers like registration and/or inspection on the lower left inside of the windshield are gonna have a field day applying/removing them on Cybertruck.

Definitely will need one of these, possibly even longer:

8D2DAB0C-A1EE-4A6F-83AE-8D4EDA6960BD.jpeg
And the BAW is in the normal position of those sticker too.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People are not excited enough about 48v architecture.
I am excited about it, but I thought this thread was mostly about the visual stuff.

We kind of knew and discussed this quite a bit. The thing with the 48v system it most of what it will do is invisibly make your life better.