Is factory pick-up a no-go for 2 more years?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
thats funny as hell....great story.....
And 100% true! I also have an "almost eaten by a Great White Shark" story with the same friend Clark , also in the 8th grade while surfing in Manhattan Beach, Calif. We were best friends from the 2nd grade. 60 years of friendship. I lost him two summers ago. He was the last. I'm the last one left now. Here's to lifelong friendship: They are more precious than fine gold and rare as hen's teeth. If you are ever blessed enough with such a friendship, cherish it.
Sponsored

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Not all snakes in the water are bad, FYI. Watch how they swim. If their head is down in the water, you are fine. If they swim with the head and neck up out of the water, they are the venomous Cottonmouth or Water Moccasin and to be avoided.......... or is that the other way around? LOL I had one in my garage one night. My girlfriend said "there's a snake in the garage "nonchalantly" (you know how that goes). So it was my job to desnakify the garage. I found it behind some fertilizer jugs. I started to grab it but noticed it had a real skinny tail and a fat, muddy brown, reticulated body. I looked closer, not quite nose to nose but not far. It had this cream colored stripe on it's jaw. I had only seen black Cottonmouths, never one like this, so I thought I'd take another approach to grabbing it. I got a broom and moved the jugs. It shot within inches past my bare leg and hid in more jugs. Then I smelled a skunk. I thought great! I'm going to get bitten by a snake that I'm not sure what it is, then get sprayed by skunk and get bitten as it runs off and have to get rabies shots! Well I finally shooed the snake out. The county agent identified it as another variant of the Cottonmouth. The skunk was nowhere to be found. I knew some snakes can put off a noxious odor, and this was concentrated where the snake had been. It is also said to be the last warning before a strike! So let that be a warning to you: if you are feeling to be in a nonchalant mood, don't go around sniffing stinky snakes! Consider yourself warned!
You are spot on with the aroma left behind, been there and smelt it. BTW for the Pepe Le Pew interaction I recommend: Hydrogen Peroxide, Baking Soda, and a little Dawn dish soap. It works miracles like it never happened. Here's the recipe, first time I had to use it I was amazed on how effective it works, like it was all a bad dream.

Skunk Wash Formula

1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
1/2 cup of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
1 teaspoon of liquid soap
Mix together to make a shampoo for your furry pal.
Rinse well to remove the shampoo from the fur after vigorously shampooing.
You may need to double or triple this recipe depending on the weight of your dog.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
And 100% true! I also have an "almost eaten by a Great White Shark" story with the same friend Clark , also in the 8th grade while surfing in Manhattan Beach, Calif. We were best friends from the 2nd grade. 60 years of friendship. I lost him two summers ago. He was the last. I'm the last one left now. Here's to lifelong friendship: They are more precious than fine gold and rare as hen's teeth. If you are ever blessed enough with such a friendship, cherish it.
Sorry for the loss of your friend. sounds like there are many eventful stories.

Still must be said, you all were crazy!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
This is why, 4+ star hotels are better. Plus, 99.9% bear free.
Yes, but not necessarily "bare free". All that might be naked may not be of the variety that one wishes to see! That's why 5 star hotels are better. At least there the hookers are prime and certified annually to have been disease free at the beginning of their long and illustrious career. Sense of humor, folks! I disparage no one. Until you have walked a mile in their shoes, you have no idea what compelled them. Seriously. There are many jokes about my own profession, but I do have compassion for the ladies. I joke, but I also have compassion.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Naked and afraid premise never caught. I enjoy survival but my crotch and feet must be protected.
Boots and cup are all you need then! Maybe something to hold it on?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Sorry for the loss of your friend. sounds like there are many eventful stories.

Still must be said, you all were crazy!
Heck yes! Well, wrong place wrong time with the shark, but very very lucky. And yes, we were fearless. When you are that age, you live forever. At my age, you are fearless because you have little left and you want to make it count. Somewhere in the middle you are altruistic and you do what needs to be done anyway. Some of us made it, and some us of us didn't., but we never forgot each other. When we lost two of "us last four" Clark and I discussed that we were that last two standing. His wife called me to tell me he was sitting up in bed reading before bed, and he just passed quietly. She sent me many of his things. We were both Civil War buffs, and on opposite sides. He Union and myself Confederate by blood. We never argued about it. We loved each other like brothers. I'll see him again someday. A long time from now I hope. My family is very long lived and robust. Unusually so. But friendships like ours continue. You don't forget even when one of you slips the bounds of earth.
Thank you for your condolences.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
I agree. I tell my friends that grey hair is a luxury not enjoyed by all, you have to earn it and to wear it proudly for some of my friends never got the chance to be called "cotton top". The Last Of The Mohicans comes to mind.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I agree. I tell my friends that grey hair is a luxury not enjoyed by all, you have to earn it and to wear it proudly for some of my friends never got the chance to be called "cotton top". The Last Of The Mohicans comes to mind.
You are right. New friends can become good friends, and they may even become old friends, but never good old friends for life. You only get those once in life.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
H2O2 is the same thing I use on animal urine, too.

-Crissa
calling all chemists........peroxide?.......I just remember Na + H20 = suspension for 5 days for blowing up the high school chem lab.....hahahaha

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hydrogen peroxide, yes. This is why I don't use shorthand, it always fails.

-Crissa
I understood, just wanted to make sure.....high school almost would not let me take Chem II my senior senior year....but I convinced them it was a pre-requisite for Georgia Tech.....I won.....hehehehe

Double Dare Fan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Kia Soul
Occupation
etsy.com/PlatonicWoodWorks
Country flag
I immediately understood H2O2 = Hydrogen Peroxide. Probably something I will keep in my Cybertruck.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I'm well acquainted with snakes. Rattlers aren't the only snakes that control rodents. They aren't the only ones that can kill you. I have spent time in Panama where the Fer-de-Lance abounds. Much more deadly and fast than any Rattler. I almost picked up a Cottonmouth in my garage before I realized what it was. I shooed it out with a broom. Not everyone who may enter the nature park there will be as aware and as experienced as you are, children in particular. I was almost eaten by a Great White Shark off Manhattan Beach when I was in the 8th grade too as was my rattlesnake keeping friend while surfing. Just because we weren't eaten that day doesn't make those sharks any less dangerous and somebody else may have become lunch or dinner further down the coast that day. 'Poking stick'? Is that anything like poking a bear or a mean dog? LOL!
Please. American snakes are like children's toys compared to those found downunder. I regularly slept next to several nasty bastards when I crashed on the floor of my mate's room. He had a bank of cages with glass fronts. Saying that, I wouldn't want to be bitten by a rattle snake either, that necrotic venom is no fun. I'll take it over a Taipan though.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Not sure how we digressed to this level but here's a funny one. So me and a couple of friends many moons ago are on a 3-day kayak trip down the Suwanee River starting at the GA line. Now before we started the trip I was careful to set one particular friend down and explain there would be no playing with snakes on this trip, especially since it was a remote area and he agreed. Dam, first day out we are taking a break and he walks up to me carrying a, you guessed it, a small Copperhead, I again reiterated the agreement that snakes were off-limits. (O.K. dad look) Forward to the morning of the last day at camp, he walks up carrying this time a Coral Snake which is common in this particular part of Florida near Live Oak. I figured I needed to get his attention better so I unholstered my peashooter and ask him which foot should I put a hole in and if he had a preference? He looks at me all butt hurt and asks me why I needed to ventilate his foot and I calmly explained I can treat a hole in your foot but I can't treat that dam Coral Snakebite and I figured if he was preoccupied with said hole in the foot the snakes would no longer be tempting toys. Got his attention, no more playing with the reptiles and he was never invited on any more trips. We still keep in touch and laugh about that day.
Sponsored