Is it safe to show my reservation number?

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is it safe to show my reservation number when asking a question about my potential place in line? (Day #2 reservation)
I'll break darned if I can figure out the spreadsheet for determining my place.
Sponsored

Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
Not sure how a reservation number would help a thief.

-Crissa
Agreed, as a non reservation holder, I believe there is a number, name/credit information that is tied to said number. Having the credit information change due to being issued new credentials, would cause a more serious problem in my mind.

Myblu Y

First Name
Stve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model y long range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla is hiding my CT reservation from me. It doesn't show in account of my model Y which I love.

Electric Expo in L.A. which I attended had a large Tesla display of all models. Got a rep to input a call request. A few days later got the call.

At first after giving them my info, the rep said I must have cancelled my order and received my $100 deposit back. 🙃 I insisted I had not. She said I'll get back to you by email. The reservation I signed up for was a 3 motor with FSD.

True to her word she did telling me I d
have a reservation and my $100 was on the books.

I requested my number and asked where that put my order for delivery. She told me that she didn't know my number and could not help more.

So I'm left not having written down my number with only a little relief that my reservation exists. I ordered well into the process so have a high number. If a 4 motor option is offered I assume I'll be contacted to upgrade.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Tesla is hiding my CT reservation from me. It doesn't show in account of my model Y which I love.

Electric Expo in L.A. which I attended had a large Tesla display of all models. Got a rep to input a call request. A few days later got the call.

At first after giving them my info, the rep said I must have cancelled my order and received my $100 deposit back. 🙃 I insisted I had not. She said I'll get back to you by email. The reservation I signed up for was a 3 motor with FSD.

I requested my number and asked where that put my order for delivery. She told me that she didn't know my number and could not help more.

So I'm left not having written down my number with only a little relief that my reservation exists. I ordered well into the process so have a high number. If a 4 motor option is offered I assume I'll be contacted to upgrade.
If you made the Cybertruck reservation with the same email that you use for your Tesla account, then the reservation will show up. But you have to log into it on Tesla's website from a web browser. The reservation will not show up in the Tesla app.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

You deleted the confirmation email from Tesla and all of your backups? I can see someone making a mistake and deleting an email, but not all of the backups (I have several layers of backup).

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Yes it is safe. I have tried repeatedly to cancel all the RN#s lower than mine with no luck. 🤨
I even offered to donate all of those $100 refunds to Elon's favorite charity*, still... Bupkis!

*all subsequent comments in this thread have to guess what Elon's favorite charity is 🤣

Last edited:

Myblu Y

First Name
Stve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model y long range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you made the Cybertruck reservation with the same email that you use for your Tesla account, then the reservation will show up. But you have to log into it on Tesla's website from a web browser. The reservation will not show up in the Tesla app.
Thanks that worked I found my number exactly as you said. Thanks again.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You deleted the confirmation email from Tesla and all of your backups? I can see someone making a mistake and deleting an email, but not all of the backups (I have several layers of backup).
Check your email within a week after I reserved I received one with my reservation

OP
OP
Old Pro

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just show me you're number and I'll determine if it's worth stealing. Afterward, we can decide if it's safe to share but hard to determine without more info.
Not exactly the answer I was looking for. I had seen a posting where the reservation holder had shown his number and was asking for help in determining his production place,
Sponsored