Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Would love a 25' garage and a barn, lol.....3 car garage with m3p, wife's suv and 4 motorcycles + mandatory garbage cans and misc crap - def no CT, even if it was deep/wide enough!
A man's got to have his priorities! :cool:
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That he said the CT doesn’t need a garage doesn’t mean much. It’s stainless steel after all. People put vehicles in garages for all sorts of reasons and I am sure those reasons remain relevant regardless of that comment. If the concern is about size then neither his comment nor the ones downstream address whether a CT can fit in a garage.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That he said the CT doesn’t need a garage doesn’t mean much. It’s stainless steel after all. People put vehicles in garages for all sorts of reasons and I am sure those reasons remain relevant regardless of that comment. If the concern is about size then neither his comment nor the ones downstream address whether a CT can fit in a garage.
With enough height and a 4 post lift you will have double stacking, lots of room for toys and all nice and secure, looking forward to seeing what the final size will be to see how much of a garage extension is needed.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Exactly my problem. I'd be fine leaving any other vehicle outside. However, IT NEEDS TO CHARGE.
Well maybe it will charge, outside, without a cable ?

Tesla's wall connector has an 18' cable option, however plenty of chargers with a J1772 connector are available at much longer lengths, 25', 35' even 50'. Tesla's come with a J1772 adapter.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Exactly my problem. I'd be fine leaving any other vehicle outside. However, IT NEEDS TO CHARGE.
My charger is mounted outside the garage. When I install a charger for my CT it will also be outside. Half of the chargers I see are inside and half are outside; it all depends on choice.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I suppose if you are planning on installing a charger in the garage, it may make most sense to install it nearest the overhead doors allowing you to charge in or out of the garage.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Mine will fit with 3' to spare. Just saying. Although projects occasionally eject my vehicles from my garage.

But seriously, does anybody know how warm the battery compartment is regulated to and roughly how much energy is used to keep it at that temp on a 10F night.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Bought my house specifically to have room for my F350 Platinum Crewcab with 8 foot bed.
I suppose if you are planning on installing a charger in the garage, it may make most sense to install it nearest the overhead doors allowing you to charge in or out of the garage.
That does make sense. Hmm... I was going to put mine in the back where my wife's car HPWC is. I still may since we both back into the garage. (so our driver's side doors have the most room) I suppose I'll still mount mine back there. No reason to park outside, I suppose.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I seriously doubt Tesla will make their cars vulnerable to UV.

They're from California. And not the wet part. (Not the driest part, either, but still...) 264 sunny days per year.

-Crissa

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
So that's final. Any questions? Don't want to hear 'em. I know, some people live in snow country, and I'm willing to give them an exception, but that's it. Everyone else, it goes OUTSIDE, hear? The way God intended trucks to be. ?
I bet I can come up with a huge list of things Elon has that he doesn't "need" but he would kick and scream if you told him he didn't need them and tried to take them away from him. My garage is a two car garage and 16 ft tall, I like my vehicle garaged and save on insurance premiums. To each his own they say......................

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
So that's final. Any questions? Don't want to hear 'em. I know, some people live in snow country, and I'm willing to give them an exception, but that's it. Everyone else, it goes OUTSIDE, hear? The way God intended trucks to be. ?
snow doesn't hurt a truck....or even a car.
Sponsored