finally somebody shot it with some real ammo

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Tesla Cybertruck JerryRigEverything tests Cybertruck with multiple guns including .50 cal IMG_20191124_211523~2
Had an M107 with a Night Force scope for three years. Was lots of fun. Hard to find places to shoot it. Did have a line of friends wanting to shoot. The kick is nothing more than a 12 gauge.
Anyone can do one shot with these. Putting multiple in short order in the same spot. Over 300 yards. Takes rounds and rounds not cheap.

Why shoot a Cybertruck? Clicks. It is designed to go through an engine block. Doors are like cheese.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Needless to say, the 50cal went through the door. But, actually pretty good results. BTW, the guy is famous for testing phones, this is right up his alley! BTW, Cybertruck looks totally at home in the snow!

Tesla Cybertruck JerryRigEverything tests Cybertruck with multiple guns including .50 cal jerryrigsnow

Last edited:

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Needless to say, the 50cal went through the door. But, actually pretty good results. BTW, the guy is famous for testing phones, this is right up his alley! BTW, Cybertruck looks totally at home in the snow!

jerryrigsnow.png
Hurts to watch, but good info I guess?

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
i mean even a .223 will go through it i believe so .50 is sooo obvious.
True, but it was the obvious thing everyone wanted to see. I wondering what that harness did. Not enough to dive into the maint manual, but still curious. Door solenoid works, window works, what else is in there?

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
True, but it was the obvious thing everyone wanted to see. I wondering what that harness did. Not enough to dive into the maint manual, but still curious. Door solenoid works, window works, what else is in there?
inside door release button?

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I've watched his non-phone videos for a long time. He is an avid and long time responsible gun owner.

Always does great video editting and focus on quality instead of long videos.

My 2 cents.

Cirrus SR22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Speaker

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
OMG, I wanted to hate this video and NOT click on it, but I couldn't help myself.

It is actually not bad even though he gets a CT to abuse while I am still waiting.
BONUS: At least there is a charity aspect to it.

Pretty interesting and exactly what most shooters expected, after all F=MA. Increase the mass of the bullet you get more force, increase the acceleration of the bullet you get more force, and increase both, as with a 50bmg, and boom you get a really big hole.

Overall, the video is well done and entertaining. I don't think Elon will be disappointed.

Now STOP shooting CT's!

Last edited:

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
OMG, I wanted to hate this and NOT click on it, but I couldn't help myself.

It is actually not bad even though he gets a CT to abuse while I am still waiting.
BONUS: At least there is a charity aspect to it.

Pretty interesting and exactly what most shooters expected, after all F=MA. Increase the mass of the bullet you get more force, increase the acceleration of the bullet you get more force, and increase both, as with a 50bmg, and boom you get a really big hole.

Overall, the video is well done and entertaining. I don't think Elon will be disappointed.

Now STOP shooting CT's!
F=MV is more applicable with bullets that have finished accelerating before the target, more about momentum than force.

V being the big factor here, as demonstrated by the .17. I would have liked to see more handgun calibers put to the test... would be cool to see .40 S&W and .45 ACP next to the 9mm, and then maybe .357 or 44mag which I'd bet goes thru or at least cracks. More tests needed! On that guy's truck, not mine. :)

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Who needs to weld it. Gorilla tape.
Sponsored