Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone....

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
I have mixed feelings about this... I APPRECIATE all that he does for this group but to put someone ahead just because they are influential just rubs me the wrong way. If anyone were to get one because of this reason Joe DOES deserve it, but it goes to show Tesla doesn't care about the average consumer... Just my opinion. Mine is my first Tesla ever, but the way the are handling the deliveries makes me not want to do business with them
This does feel like the worst aspect of driving a Tesla. In my 119k miles, my MS has only been to a SC 12-13 times, mostly normal wear and tire items. Aka - not much behavior like this.
Sponsored

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
I am curious, was this a recent update (depending on trim) or does everyone have a light bar in their app?

Tesla Cybertruck Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone.... IMG_8434

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Wait until you hear about all the YouTubers getting their free Roadsters. Some are getting 2 for free from all their referrals. They are the one pushing Tesla sales when they needed them the most. This is no different. It's just free marketing.

At my ex-company, we have some YouTubers tagged as VIPs. They get tons of special treatment. We don't pay them except free trips to semi-exotic places for product briefing and allow them early access to capture. GM also did this with the Hummer where they flew a bunch of ppl to AZ for the pickup and SF for the SUV.

Also, I used to have a budget of $50k per post on Twitter for each influencer. At least Joe is not getting paid. He is doing all of this for free. Smart move by Tesla to allow influencers to skip the line.

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I bet Joe got this unit from someone who was going to pass on their order. I personally have to thank him for giving me updates, I couldn't be in Texas to witness giga Texas be built.

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
Oh please, it would not take that many people for a small PR department. A little one is better than nothing!
Just as a data point for Advertisement:
In 2021:
* Ford spent 3.1 Billion Dollars
* Toyota spent 1.7 Billion Dollars
* GM spent 3.3 Billion Dollars
* VW spent 2.3 Billion Dollars

That spend rolls into the cost of the products.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have mixed feelings about this... I APPRECIATE all that he does for this group but to put someone ahead just because they are influential just rubs me the wrong way. If anyone were to get one because of this reason Joe DOES deserve it, but it goes to show Tesla doesn't care about the average consumer... Just my opinion. Mine is my first Tesla ever, but the way the are handling the deliveries makes me not want to do business with them
I'd rather Joe Tegtmeyer jump the queue than some Hollywood celebrity. I love his YouTube channel. In my opinion, he deserves it. But for what it's worth, I put down my $100 on Day 2. There are I calculate, 110,000 guys ahead of me. Still, last week, Tesla sent me an email saying I could design and place my order for a Cybertruck. The problem is, they want me to order a Foundation Series and I can't afford it. I on't want to lose my place in line, but bummers, I don't have that kind of money. Of the 110,000 guys in front of me, I'm wondering how many placed an order.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Imagine a guy that flies a drone over your business property, basically spying on everything.....is beloved enough to get a CT earlier lol. No other company would be cool with a guy "spying" over private property like that, let alone prioritize them. Crazy haha....

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I like to think of it as him taking one for the team. When I get my 79K dual motor truck, probably next year, it's going to be vastly improved over what's available today. Higher density cybercells, faster peak and sustained charge rates, plus all the little fixes these first deliveries will have to go in to service centers for. They're really doing us a service.
Right? As much as I want one, there are a lot of kinds and things to improve on.. but in person it is so badass!
Sponsored