John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000"

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
This may the most ridiculous thread next to measuring the truck with chickens. LOL
Sure the pricing will initially be higher than the original numbers. However, given many variables too long to list it’s not going to be 50% more 60k version to 90k but 70-75 possible. They still have to keep this priced close to the competition. There are trucks currently priced in the 60-75k range, but not the big sellers.
If you buy the Rivian pickup R1T it is $90,000.
If you buy the Ford Lightning Lariat it is $89,900.
I signed up for a truck with a 500+-mile range and that is what I expect. Tri or Quad is not important to me. I cannot see Tesla marking the reservation price up by more than inflation without a boatload of negative noise. He might not care but the company would.
I reserved a 500 mile range Cybertruck in November 2019.

Yet I don't expect to see a 500 mile version available initially. The 4680 battery density/efficiency is not there yet. Hopefully in a few years they will have wrestled that engineering challenge to the ground and will begin selling a 500 mile model. I hope.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If those price speculations turn out to be accurate, it would still be well worth it in my opinion, especially considering what one gets in a Cybertruck compared to a similar priced ICE vehicle.
noones mentioned a price I wouldn’t pay yet - assuming it offers the full range of quals that seem reasonable to date

shrink the interior space materially, and I’m out at any price

not that I’m convinced that’s a certainty, but for me it’s “low probability, high intensity” event

ZombiePhysicist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Zombie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on reserve
Occupation
Zombie
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?
‘Yea I stopped listening to his disingenuous “analysis”. He quotes 250k units and ignores that Elon repeatedly said maybe 250-500k units… to push on whatever trope this dude was pushing. Any subsequent conclusion built off this edifice of dishonesty easily falls apart. I’ve cancelled that guy, dismissed and Buh bye.

JWass

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you buy the Rivian pickup R1T it is $90,000.
If you buy the Ford Lightning Lariat it is $89,900.

I reserved a 500 mile range Cybertruck in November 2019.

Yet I don't expect to see a 500 mile version available initially. The 4680 battery density/efficiency is not there yet. Hopefully in a few years they will have wrestled that engineering challenge to the ground and will begin selling a 500 mile model. I hope.
Yet they make very few of each. R1T isn’t the real competition. Lariat is the the competition and it’s the top of the line.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
He quotes 250k units and ignores that Elon repeatedly said maybe 250-500k units
I mean, this is factually incorrect

he repeatedly said 250, and only once said maybe 500

In any event, all in context of lots of palpable hedging

all for pointing out people being too pessimistic, but …

personally, I think Elon’s overall discussion pointed most towards how current interest rates will kill demand almost regardless of MSRP, especially in the next 18 months of economic uncertainty - and that he’s right

vast majority don’t buy on MSRP, they buy on affordability of monthly cash flow and their optimism. MSRP could still be 2019 figures and affordability/optimism be kneecapped for many

In that context, add even minor MSRP and I understand Elon’s caution

Flaskman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
At that price point I would be deeply disappointed. Not that I would not bite but a Tundra Capstone or Platinum doesn't look so bad once CT hits the 6 figures. But I also understand that business is business. Can't blame Tesla for keeping the production a little lower to create more demand and higher prices. That's good business.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?
I'd be out above $110,000.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
What if it had 550 mile range and 0-60 in 2.3 seconds @ $115K 👀
By the way, I’m not picking on you that is about my walk away point as well.
for me... any 0-60in less than 6 seconds is fine... 0-60 in under 4 is awesome anything past that i won't use anyway .. I don't take cars to the track...

the reason I want the tri motor i strictly range.. I WANT 450-500 mile range to comfortably drive an entire day out and back.. or out and to a charger/hotel... and not have to worry about recharging 3 or 4 hours into the drive..

so for ME.. and probably most towing is awesome and if needed happy it is there.. probably will never use it for long range <or at all as my kayak will fit in the bed> .. 0-60 is cute... but the only time i will REALLY use all that acceleration is when i am showing off in a closed in area with no traffic not part of my drive... hauling capacity... not that big a deal as i don't wanna have to UNLOAD 3k of stuff.

range anxiety disappears once we get a range of 400 miles and that is my biggest driving point... the ABILITY to haul lumber for the VERY few times i will need it... the ability to stick everything i need for camping/a boating day when i want to and range.

OK off my rant.. but in answer to your question.. dropping to 2.3 seconds and going 500 extra miles isn't work 30-40 k... so i will prolly cap out around 100k without FSD.. pay for fsd month to month till i have 25k to drop on it.. and be happy.

laughs ok had to go look if you take out a car loan for 25k at 1.5% <you can't anymore> the payment on the loan would be 291 bucks or right at the monthly fee.... i will prolly do without till i can pay the 25k

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At that price point I would be deeply disappointed. Not that I would not bite but a Tundra Capstone or Platinum doesn't look so bad once CT hits the 6 figures. But I also understand that business is business. Can't blame Tesla for keeping the production a little lower to create more demand and higher prices. That's good business.
I know the theory was that Tesla would find a way to make the CyberTruck at a "cheaper" cost, because Tesla is Tesla. But I think this whole stainless steel, gigapresses, etc etc might be more expensive - at first.

Part of the cost has to be related to the battery(s). By now Tesla expected the 4680 to be cheaper, and yield more energy than the 2170s. It sounds like they are not there yet.

The process of building the CyberTruck has never been done before, so it is going to take time to streamline it. The first year of the Model 3 production was not perfect either.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
What if it had 550 mile range and 0-60 in 2.3 seconds @ $115K 👀
By the way, I’m not picking on you that is about my walk away point as well.
Hey, that's not fair...but a possibility. Probably suckered in.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
There are several reasons that the CT generated so much interest right off the bat.

The initial failure of the glass versus shotput was brilliant. You can’t buy that much free advertising. Had it not been for the broken windows, the CT would have never gotten that much free press.

Without the press, there would not be the hype. And we all know Elon can generate hype. Pricing was another hype. 39k, 49k, 69k. Those. Numbers alone brought in huge numbers of fully refundable $100. Reservations, also known as interest free loans.

The marketing team did exactly what they needed to do. Market an unknown design that stirs up interest without giving away too many details. Place a price with some minimal information and specs to rally the Tesla fans. Then keep us talking about it for close to 4 years by the time it might be released.

Sure a $100. Deposit spent 3.5 years ago is not going to bankrupt anyone on this forum. But throwing uncertain numbers around that are 2x initial expectations are not going to help with sales. Don’t think anyone is asking for their $100 back yet. Because nothing is official yet. But once the specs, features pricing and availability come to light, we’ll see how many people bail.

If all I get out of the CT are my 600 shares that I kept after selling off enough to pay for my initial investment, then the winners are all of us that bought into Tesla and Elon because of all the Hype and the 2 broken windows.

Yes, it would be nice to honor a price from the initial reservation, but that’s not going to happen, just like the 29k model 3 when it was announced.

Time will tell and sales will reflect. In the end it will be price and specs that drive sales.

Rick

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd be out above $110,000.
Since the original listed BASE price was $69,000 (for the TriMotor) I can't blame anyone for dropping out at $89,000.....let alone $110,000.

I think Elon knows this. The price is going to be "expensive" and he acknowledges that demand at $49,000 and $69,000 evaporates when the product now costs $100,000.

I am curious to see how Tesla is going to handle the announcement of the price and specs of the 2024 CyberTruck.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Since the original listed BASE price was $69,000 (for the TriMotor) I can't blame anyone for dropping out at $89,000.....let alone $110,000.

I think Elon knows this. The price is going to be "expensive" and he acknowledges that demand at $49,000 and $69,000 evaporates when the product now costs $100,000.

I am curious to see how Tesla is going to handle the announcement of the price and specs of the 2024 CyberTruck.
The main reason I'd be willing to pay a lot for the CT is that I bought TSLA at a very low price, and could actually pay for one without killing my investment.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
John is an idiot. Ive been downvoting his videos every time he spouts this non-sense. I hate it, because it makes people like you and other influencers feel like that is OK. 80k is reasonable, but the thought of 120k makes me want to punch babies.

Sacrifices were made to make the truck capable and affordable, what was the point making such a different truck if it ends up having worse performance per dollar than the competition? 80k is perfectly reasonable, 89k is likely. I might pay 110k, but 120 may be my "im out" price, just on principal alone. Others surely feel the same, and if this comes to pass i hope you've sold that TSLA stock. Cause if they miss their price target by, what is that, over 70%, the stock is going to get pounded.
Sponsored

Last edited: