John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000"

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Are you saying the concensus on this thread is that Cybertruck will cost north of $100,000? That's crazy talk. And Elon never said the Cybertruck would be "expensive". Even if he had said exactly that, "expensive" is a relative term. Elon himself said that many people want to buy their Models 3 and Y during the massive inflation of auto prices we saw in 2022, but that they are "too expensive". And they didn't even approach $100,000. So, why do you think "expensive" means six figures? Why don't you man up and take credit for your crazy unsupported beliefs rather than blaming others?
Ease up on the tone, Judge.
100K doesn’t seem crazy for a top spec CT when that’s what a TRX, Raptor, Rivian, even Lightening with similar specs cost.

Let’s hope it’s less.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
100K doesn’t seem crazy for a top spec CT when that’s what a TRX, Raptor, Rivian, even Lightening with similar specs cost.

Let’s hope it’s less.
to say nothing of:

Tesla Cybertruck John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000" 12F18BDD-A721-45E9-B9E8-A2F872426930

add in 4w steering, etc., and?

not taking any position on what the price will be. But noting just one way that it’s not asinine that someone could *worry*about it within reason

And so be that much more excited if it turns out far lower

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
to say nothing of:

12F18BDD-A721-45E9-B9E8-A2F872426930.jpeg

not taking any position on what the price will be. But noting just one way that it’s not asinine that someone could *worry*about it within reason

Don’t forever the BAW, I hear that costs $2K 👀

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Yes when I'm mentioning first edition for $100k....I'm talking about:

Quad motor
4 wheel steering
500 mile range
Air suspension
Power tonneau w/ solar
0 - 60 ≤ 2.5
SS body

Compared to competition that pricing looks spot on.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes when I'm mentioning first edition for $100k....I'm talking about:

Quad motor
4 wheel steering
500 mile range
Air suspension
Power tonneau w/ solar
0 - 60 ≤ 2.5
SS body

Compared to competition that pricing looks spot on.
It's highly unlikely the release edition of the Cybertruck will have a 0-60mph less than or equal to 2.5 seconds or that it would cost $100,000.

Watch and see. You can ridicule me for weeks if it turns out you actually knew what you were talking about. My money says you are out in left field.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

Let’s hope it’s less.
I'll call out BS when I see it. The TRX, Raptor, Rivian and Lightning all sell in very low volumes. If you are going to blame others for your wildly unrealistic predictions, then you better not cherry pick 5% of the people who claim the release edition of the Cybertruck will be priced at $100,000 and act like it's a concensus. It's not.

Because there is no evidence to support such a crazy notion.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I'll call out BS when I see it. The TRX, Raptor, Rivian and Lightning all sell in very low volumes. If you are going to blame others for your wildly unrealistic predictions, then you better not cherry pick 5% of the people who claim the release edition of the Cybertruck will be priced at $100,000 and act like it's a concensus. It's not.

Because there is no evidence to support such a crazy notion.
Hmmm… get back to me when the CT beats those “very low volumes” and let’s do another price check 😉

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
You're on!

But I suspect you're gonna play a vanishing act on me!
Naw. I’ll be here. But the comparison won’t be to a top spec CT. As volumes increase more dual and single motor trims will be the main offering and at a much lower price point

Flaskman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Are you saying the concensus on this thread is that Cybertruck will cost north of $100,000? That's crazy talk. And Elon never said the Cybertruck would be "expensive". Even if he had said exactly that, "expensive" is a relative term. Elon himself said that many people want to buy their Models 3 and Y during the massive inflation of auto prices we saw in 2022, but that they are "too expensive". And they didn't even approach $100,000. So, why do you think "expensive" means six figures? Why don't you man up and take credit for your crazy unsupported beliefs rather than blaming others?
It's all subjective. I support Elon and everything he is doing and is working for. Elon is changing the world and has my total support. This is my last post. God bless America.

ZombiePhysicist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Zombie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on reserve
Occupation
Zombie
Country flag
I mean, this is factually incorrect

he repeatedly said 250, and only once said maybe 500

In any event, all in context of lots of palpable hedging

all for pointing out people being too pessimistic, but …

personally, I think Elon’s overall discussion pointed most towards how current interest rates will kill demand almost regardless of MSRP, especially in the next 18 months of economic uncertainty - and that he’s right

vast majority don’t buy on MSRP, they buy on affordability of monthly cash flow and their optimism. MSRP could still be 2019 figures and affordability/optimism be kneecapped for many

In that context, add even minor MSRP and I understand Elon’s caution
In other words, making me exactly correct. And what you are…I’ll leave to others to make up their own minds. “Only once” would be enough. And he said it more than once.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I've definitely noticed over the past year Elon has been smarter about not releasing pricing or production estimates or deadlines. He's been very vague at every meeting. But can't wait to get final numbers.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If you buy the Rivian pickup R1T it is $90,000.
If you buy the Ford Lightning Lariat it is $89,900.

I reserved a 500 mile range Cybertruck in November 2019.

Yet I don't expect to see a 500 mile version available initially. The 4680 battery density/efficiency is not there yet. Hopefully in a few years they will have wrestled that engineering challenge to the ground and will begin selling a 500 mile model. I hope.
I genuinely don’t know what I will do if Tesla cannot deliver the range they unveiled at. I am fine if they start with a single or dual trim as they promised lower ranges for those trims, but they promised 500+ (read MINIMUM) and the one thing Tesla has never done is to underdeliver from an unveiling to a production vehicle. That alone would cause more damage to the brand than anything else.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What if it had 550 mile range and 0-60 in 2.3 seconds @ $115K 👀
By the way, I’m not picking on you that is about my walk away point as well.
I have never actually liked the acceleration numbers on the tri-motor, which is what I put my reservation in for. 2.9 0-60? I think my Model Y is high in the 4 second range and it can be scary at times. Range, that is a different matter.

I cannot put a top number on my interest, but I can say that any deviation from the initial specs and pricing and I would be very disappointed and that, to me, is more of a factor than the price itself.

People keep talking about price like it is something real. What is real is what someone tells me I am going to get and how much it will cost me. We have that on paper…published so that the whole world has republished it a million times. If they cannot follow through then I do not know where I stand. Can I afford a higher number? Maybe. Will I pay it if I feel lied to and betrayed? I don’t know. I could buy a card from some other lying company for less. Being lied to, and trusting Tesla to come through, is really big for me. ANY price increase would have to be justified, especially considering all their recent price cuts back to 2021 prices. It is hard to argue inflation and supply chain issues now.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
to say nothing of:

12F18BDD-A721-45E9-B9E8-A2F872426930.jpeg

The tri-motor was $69,900 and production was to start late in 2021, so if you want to play this game use these numbers. Then it is $75,250. Even that isn’t correct because the end of 2021 is really 2022 and then your calculator says the price is almost unchanged. Very interesting.
Sponsored