Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I doub't theyll get 1K people to bite on the foundation edition.
I dunno.. I'm guessing Tesla already has 1K committed... has another round of offers been pushed out? That would be an indication they are still fishing, but something tells me 1K is filled..
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I doub't theyll get 1K people to bite on the foundation edition.
we've seen so many people here doing it. and we have a baby subset of the CT population

alcstarheel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few
Country flag
I'm sure they'll get 1,000 to accept the founders invitation eventually but they will probably have to expand the invite list. Which maybe is the case as states other than CA/TX are getting invites. Yes low res #s in CA/TX are not getting invites but there has to be some sort of algorithm determining who is most likely to follow through. They invited me and I'm like a 5% possibility to follow through. Or maybe it's just random.

I really don't see them expanding the number of foundation allocations too much more. Sure they'd like to expand it to 50,000 for higher revenue/margin but there would be a point where that edition isn't as worth it to people. Then they can get to the chicken and start sending invitations for designing the standard editions which will have a much much higher take rate.

chris_ace_14

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
I dunno.. I'm guessing Tesla already has 1K committed... has another round of offers been pushed out? That would be an indication they are still fishing, but something tells me 1K is filled..
Yeah it seems like no one has gotten any invites for the past 2 days.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
reading comprehension is low with this one

In crayon: it is unclear which is ultimately going to be the base tire/wheel/cover for the AWD trim at the advertised price of $79,990.
It will be unknown until the configurator is revealed for non-foundation series.

until then it is pure conjecture…
So, I just want to make sure I understand your point.

You are saying that you dont know which tires will be standard on the AWD (Nonfoundation) correct?

But you are also showing the foundation series AWD screenshot (multiple times) where it says that the range with the All season tires is 340 miles. Right?

In that same screenshot, the estimated range for the dual motor founders edition is 318 because the all seasons are not available until 2024.

We know that the non foundations will start, at the earliest, in 2024. Which coressponds with the availability timeline for the all season tires.

We also know that the advertised range for the non-foundation series AWD is 340 and the mention of 318 is nowhere to be found for now. Which matches the All season configured foundation series. Right?

I don't think it's a reach to say, that based on the evidence, we can reasonably assert that, because Tesla advertises the dual motor non-foundation with a range of 340, it comes with the all season standard.

This is further supported by the fact that all other tesla cars come standard with the highest efficiency wheels available for that trim. (with the possible exception being the plaid trims but I havent explored their configurator and it appears to be unavailable)

as seen here
Tesla Cybertruck Just Ordered My Foundation Series Allocation! Post Your Invitations / Order Confirmations! 🙌 1702317777373
Tesla Cybertruck Just Ordered My Foundation Series Allocation! Post Your Invitations / Order Confirmations! 🙌 1702317803432

It's safe to say that the most efficient and least expensive option will be default.

As it stands now, the only rims available are size 20". If there are two types of rims available for purchase on non-founders series, they appear to be the same size and have no bearing on range. Based on currently available data seen here

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...e-extender-timeline-confirmed-and-more.10277/

Last edited:

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag

HellsNels

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck | Beast | FS; 2017 Model 3 LR
Country flag
FSD was once $15k option. $20k is not bad for those who will order FSD anyway.
Yeah by most people’s estimates you’re either paying a premium of 9k or saving 5k based on how much you want to include as options (and how much you want to price speculate!) in the Foundation package. i.e. how much copium you want to huff haha

freakyguy666

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 x2, CT x2; PowerWall x4
Country flag
So, I just want to make sure I understand your point.

You are saying that you dont know which tires will be standard on the AWD (Nonfoundation) correct?

But you are also showing the foundation series AWD screenshot (multiple times) where it says that the range with the All season tires is 340 miles. Right?

In that same screenshot, the estimated range for the dual motor founders edition is 318 because the all seasons are not available until 2024.

We know that the non foundations will start, at the earliest, in 2024. Which coressponds with the availability timeline for the all season tires.

We also know that the advertised range for the non-foundation series AWD is 340 and the mention of 318 is nowhere to be found for now. Which matches the All season configured foundation series. Right?

I don't think it's a reach to say, that based on the evidence, we can reasonably assert that, because Tesla advertises the dual motor non-foundation with a range of 340, it comes with the all season standard.

This is further supported by the fact that all other tesla cars come standard with the highest efficiency wheels available for that trim. (with the possible exception being the plaid trims but I havent explored their configurator and it appears to be unavailable)

as seen here
1702317777373.png
1702317803432.png

It's safe to say that the most efficient and least expensive option will be default.

As it stands now, the only rims available are size 20". If there are two types of rims available for purchase on non-founders series, they appear to be the same size and have no bearing on range. Based on currently available data seen here

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...e-extender-timeline-confirmed-and-more.10277/
You may think ”it’s safe to say” but regardless of what you think, the fact of the matter is you’re making an educated guess, aka conjecture as I previously indicated.

The CyberTruck does not have to follow the same configuration as previous models.

Hopefully that helps you understand my point.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You may think ”it’s safe to say” but regardless of what you think, the fact of the matter is you’re making an educated guess, aka conjecture as I previously indicated.

The CyberTruck does not have to follow the same configuration as previous models.

Hopefully that helps you understand my point.
I hear you, we technically dont have a set in stone answer.

But can you at least yield that if they are advertising the 340 mile range as the default (and technically only available rn), then the default package will meet that?

Because we know that that the foundation editions default package does not meet that, and they dont advertise the 340 as the default range for that truck

Side note -- I would consider the default options within the code to be definitive. it shows WH0B as the default for the dual motor. And it also shows that the all terrains are only selected when WH0B is not. So at the very least we can say that the all terrains are not the default

freakyguy666

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 x2, CT x2; PowerWall x4
Country flag
I hear you, we technically dont have a set in stone answer.

But can you at least yield that if they are advertising the 340 mile range as the default (and technically only available rn), then the default package will meet that?

Because we know that that the foundation editions default package does not meet that, and they dont advertise the 340 as the default range for that truck

Side note -- I would consider the default options within the code to be definitive. it shows WH0B as the default for the dual motor. And it also shows that the all terrains are only selected when WH0B is not. So at the very least we can say that the all terrains are not the default
Please show me where Tesla use the word “default” in reference to the 340miles for the AWD….

note that the non-foundation series TM still shows 320 miles range which using your logic would imply it also comes with all season version as standard/default.

but again until the configurator is opened up for non-foundation it is mere conjecture….

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Please show me where Tesla use the word “default” in reference to the 340miles for the AWD….

note that the non-foundation series TM still shows 320 miles range which using your logic would imply it also comes with all season version as standard/default.

but again until the configurator is opened up for non-foundation it is mere conjecture….
default is not used. but by being the only range shown. it is, by default, the default.

In my initial response I pointed out that the the most efficient wheels and tires for the configuration are teslas defaults.

Performance teslas do not have the option to include the more efficient wheel configuration. With the exception being stealth performance variants. This would mean that you cannot configure beast with anything but the premium set.

djtherex

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram TRX 2023 BMW M4 Roadster
Occupation
developer
Country flag
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 7.23.49 PM.png

RN 11274... Really wanted the Cyberbeast, but the range, coupled with 120k didn't make sense to me. Also, the aftermarket lightbar is the only added option exclusive to the Cyberbeast and didn't like the look of it.

FINALLY!!! May you all get your allocations soon! I also put down a $500 deposit for the range extender.

Edit: Non-employee, did not have a Tesla linked to this account, so it looks like they're actually going by the RN numbers, albeit prioritizing TX and CA
My number is 11296. Any idea when I could order my Foundation Series or Cyberbeast?