PilotBart

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have RN# 112781xxx and have not been offered the BM Foundation. Tesla is clearly not going in RN# order as several people have reported they received the email with numbers higher than mine. I am located in SoCal. It is unclear to me exactly how Tesla is handling this process.
Sponsored

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Maverick, Model 3
Country flag
Has anyone who ordered received a VIN? Confirmed ordered on day 1 of the invite and nada so far. RN11279

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
Would like to know how many are in a state of "prepare for delivery"

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
Has anyone who ordered received a VIN? Confirmed ordered on day 1 of the invite and nada so far. RN11279
I keep on using the old trick of "inspect the source code of the order webpage" to see if I have a vin. so far the source code says vin: ""

can y'all try this also and see if anyone has a vin assigned?

Would like to know how many are in a state of "prepare for delivery"
where would it state prepare for delivery--is that before or after "we'll notify you when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks," and before or after a grayed out "schedule delivery appointment" button? (that's where I'm at)

cofree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3 LR dual 2018
Country flag
I have RN# 112781xxx and have not been offered the BM Foundation. Tesla is clearly not going in RN# order as several people have reported they received the email with numbers higher than mine. I am located in SoCal. It is unclear to me exactly how Tesla is handling this process.
I'm wondering if it is more by when you made your reservation, rather than your reservation number...
I recall on the day of the reveal that some people received their reservation email and reservation quickly, while others took a day or two to receive theirs for some reason (perhaps the reservation was held up for manual review for some reason). If they are going by the date-time of reservation rather than the reservation number it could explain why a few people have high reservation numbers (held for manual review) while mostly it is the low reservation numbers.

For example, we placed our reservation within an hour of the end of the reveal, but out reservation email came through 2 days later and our reservation number is RN1129... which correlates to the time we received the email, not when we made our reservation, I believe.

We aren't in CA/TX so haven't received the next steps in the process as yet, but I'm hoping they will go by reservation date/time and not by reservation number.

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
It is an email from Tesla
Prepare for Delivery​
Tesla Cybertruck Just Ordered My Foundation Series Allocation! Post Your Invitations / Order Confirmations! 🙌 4,$MTC01,$WH0B,$TW01,$CPF1,$FS00,$APK01&bkba_opt=1
What's Next?
Sign in to the Tesla app and complete your tasks to ensure a smooth delivery. Tesla will be sending you updates about your delivery via email and SMS.​

Perhaps it's the same as the greyed out "schedule your delivery" cause that's where I am too.

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Maverick, Model 3
Country flag
I keep on using the old trick of "inspect the source code of the order webpage" to see if I have a vin. so far the source code says vin: ""

can y'all try this also and see if anyone has a vin assigned?
Tried searching source code and no vin yet

PilotBart

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm wondering if it is more by when you made your reservation, rather than your reservation number...
I recall on the day of the reveal that some people received their reservation email and reservation quickly, while others took a day or two to receive theirs for some reason (perhaps the reservation was held up for manual review for some reason). If they are going by the date-time of reservation rather than the reservation number it could explain why a few people have high reservation numbers (held for manual review) while mostly it is the low reservation numbers.

For example, we placed our reservation within an hour of the end of the reveal, but out reservation email came through 2 days later and our reservation number is RN1129... which correlates to the time we received the email, not when we made our reservation, I believe.

We aren't in CA/TX so haven't received the next steps in the process as yet, but I'm hoping they will go by reservation date/time and not by reservation number.
I placed my order the night of the reveal and received a confirmation email the next morning at 11:30am PST.

HTownQ

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla CyberTruck
Country flag
I am in TX and pretty much did the exact same things as you did.
Tesla Cybertruck Just Ordered My Foundation Series Allocation! Post Your Invitations / Order Confirmations! 🙌 IMG_0339

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Yeah I don’t know where the 1,000 came from. Any official announcement of this? If people are jumping on this I doubt Tesla will stop charging a premium for 1,001 haha.

though it would be cool if it says “353/1000” or whatever somewhere on the CT

ςyb3®tЯμ¢kℓ|gh†n!ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
Weirdly, it's not my first reservation (11277XXXX) that is configurable, but the second one (11278XXXX)

Yes current Tesla owner.
That's wierd. I'm pretty sure they did a SELECT WHERE location='CA' OR location='TX' ORDER BY reservation_number.

Edit: after reading several other posts. It seems not just state but a geospatial radius from their two factories.

I'm guessing this is due to profit margins. Closer = cheaper to deliver.

Ahuch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That's wierd. I'm pretty sure they did a SELECT WHERE location='CA' OR location='TX' ORDER BY reservation_number.

Edit: after reading several other posts. It seems not just state but a geospatial radius from their two factories.

I'm guessing this is due to profit margins. Closer = cheaper to deliver.
Tesla has always done this. It's nothing to do with cheaper to deliver, it's that the engineering teams are close to the vehicles in case they need to investigate anything on early builds.

ςyb3®tЯμ¢kℓ|gh†n!ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger
Country flag
Tesla has always done this. It's nothing to do with cheaper to deliver, it's that the engineering teams are close to the vehicles in case they need to investigate anything on early builds.
I've never owned a Tesla and haven't followed any of the other launches this closely. I suppose that makes sense. Especially with all of the new engineering in this one.

cybrtrk88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
I placed my order the night of the reveal and received a confirmation email the next morning at 11:30am PST.
Hmm, I got my email on 11/23/19 at 2:51 AM local PST. I was wondering if I ordered it in middle of the night, so is it possible I ordered on 11/22 which is the Friday 1 day after reveal? My RN is 11285 though, what is yours?
Sponsored